What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Speedy" Gets ESPN Helmet Sticker Award from Holtz

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Tom Moe

More photos » Doug Pensinger - Getty Images

about 7 hours ago: BOULDER CO - NOVEMBER 20: Running back Rodney Stewart #5 of the Colorado Buffaloes jumps into the arms of teammate BJ Beatty #59 as he celebrates after throwing an option pass 23 yards to Toney Clemons for a touchdown against the Kansas State Wildcats at Folsom Field on November 20 2010 in Boulder Colorado. Colorado defeated Kansas State 44-36. (Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images)

Browse more photos »

I was watching ESPN's College Football Final just now. As the show neared it's end, I knew the Helmet Sticker Awards would be coming up. Having gone to the CU-KSU game this afternoon, I had seen the remarkable performance of Rodney "Speedy" Stewart. I was thinking about how I was going to e-mail Rece Davis, Mark May & Lou Holtz and lambast all three of them for the expected slight of ignoring CU in general and Speedy in particular when it came time to honor the day's best performances.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Lou Holtz pick up a gold helmet with a familiar Buffalo emblem, and then place a helmet sticker on it to honor Speedy Stewart for rushing for 195 yards and 2 TDs AND throwing a 23-yard pass to Toney Clemons for another TD. Will wonders never cease; they never mentioned the game the whole hour, then Coach Lou comes through for CU. I'll bet the last time CU got a College Football Final T-Shirt autographed by Holtz et al was when Chris Brown ran for 6 TDs against the Huskers in 2001. Way to go Speedy!

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here to view the article.

Back