What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spencer Dinwiddie - NBA PG (BKN Nets)

Dinwiddie looking good on ESPN right now. 8 pts, 3 rebounds and 2 assists in 12 minutes at the half. He's been the Bulls best guard again tonight. His jumper is falling and he's getting teammates open looks. Hope he makes a team.

He has looked good in summer league thus far. They seem to like him over at Blog A Bull while acknowledging that he has outplayed Jerian Grant, the presumptive number two behind Rondo (hot mess). Seems like he has a better chance with Chicago than people would think

I really believe Spencer can be a solid NBA player and just needs some minutes to build up his confidence and comfort level. He showed flashes in limited minutes with the Pistons but Van Gundy seems to have kept him on a short leash favoring aging vets over the young guys ala George Karl

If the Nuggets weren't so deep at the guard position, I would have loved for them to give him a chance. Really rooting for him

If the Nuggets weren't so deep at the guard position, I would have loved for them to give him a chance. Really rooting for him
The Bulls are pretty deep too. Wade, Rondo, Butler, Brooks, Grant and Valentine.

The Nuggets just have more of a rookie/youth logjam with Mudiay, Harris, Murray, Beasley, Barton, Nelson(old guy). Hopefully Chicago cuts him so that the Nuggets can sign the Mayor, but this article doesn't sound like that will happen.

Spencer shining on nba.com:
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/spencer-dinwiddie-shining-summer-league

Spencer lacking confidence? That just doesn't sound right. Even in the NBA.
Last season he shot .100 (.137 career) from 3 and .57 (.75 career)from the line...gotta thinks that's a lack of confidence / comfort level. That's not the mayor we know

Spencer lacking confidence? That just doesn't sound right. Even in the NBA.
I remember reading somewhere about a coach saying Spencer tends to overthink things and puts a lot of pressure on himself which sounds about right to me.

Some guys just need some run and the George Karl, Brian Shaw (He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named) approach that keeps young guys on a short leash can really mess with that development and comfort level since they are always worried about screwing up and being yanked

Look how much Gary Harris has improved in the last year under a guy like Malone who was willing to give him some actual playing time and play through his mistakes. Harris went from being an end of the bench guy to leading the team in minutes. I could see a similar development with spencer. He has shown flashes and looks a lot more comfortable in summer league

Last season he shot .100 (.137 career) from 3 and .57 (.75 career)from the line...gotta thinks that's a lack of confidence / comfort level. That's not the mayor we know

I'm not doubting that you are right. I'm just saying that Spencer would be the last player I'd ever expect to lack confidence.

Guess the NBA can humble anyone.

Great to hear for Dinwiddie, he deserves a new shot with a new team. I think he can be a very successful NBA PG if he continues to improve his shot.

There's a new mayor in town, Chicago!

Congrats to Spencer. Well deserved.

Congrats to Spencer. Can't wait for my 92 year old father and Bulls fan to tell me there is a CU player on the team. I have already told him, but he will tell me like it's news.
I don't have to tell you this, but I will - be thankful! He knows who the Bulls, CU and most importantly - you are!

I don't have to tell you this, but I will - be thankful! He knows who the Bulls, CU and most importantly - you are!

Most of the time, my sister and I are very thankful to have my 92 year old father. We are very, very thankful that he knows us, his grandchildren and great grandchildren. I have friends with parents who have know idea who their children are. That would be so very difficult.

He lives for Iowa basketball, Bulls basketball and Green Bay football. He will watch any football or basketball game this is on television and can tell you about the game. He has also developed a fondness for women's softball from watching the College World Series. If he could stay up later, I'd bring him to my house to watch more Buffs!

He's been a handful since we lost my mom 2 years ago. Right now we are battling with him over his hearing aids. He got new ones but he won't leave them set where they are supposed to be. Taking him in on Tuesday to have them programmed again and the option to change the settings will be taken away.

My dad takes no prescription medications. However, he is very frail. He's lost a lot of weight in the last two years. He misses his wife of 67 years. He's a tough one though and can't understand when one of his siblings passes away. The last three all died at age 97 so he figures that is when he will go.

I'm happy he will get to watch a former Buff on a regular basis. He tells me when the Bulls play the Thunder about Dre.

Most of the time, my sister and I are very thankful to have my 92 year old father. We are very, very thankful that he knows us, his grandchildren and great grandchildren. I have friends with parents who have know idea who their children are. That would be so very difficult.

He lives for Iowa basketball, Bulls basketball and Green Bay football. He will watch any football or basketball game this is on television and can tell you about the game. He has also developed a fondness for women's softball from watching the College World Series. If he could stay up later, I'd bring him to my house to watch more Buffs!

He's been a handful since we lost my mom 2 years ago. Right now we are battling with him over his hearing aids. He got new ones but he won't leave them set where they are supposed to be. Taking him in on Tuesday to have them programmed again and the option to change the settings will be taken away.

My dad takes no prescription medications. However, he is very frail. He's lost a lot of weight in the last two years. He misses his wife of 67 years. He's a tough one though and can't understand when one of his siblings passes away. The last three all died at age 97 so he figures that is when he will go.

I'm happy he will get to watch a former Buff on a regular basis. He tells me when the Bulls play the Thunder about Dre.
Sorry, Buffgal. I'm not that far from living that life with my wife's remaining parent and my two parents. It does sound like you have it in perspective and appreciate the right things. Thank you for being good to your father.

Sorry, Buffgal. I'm not that far from living that life with my wife's remaining parent and my two parents. It does sound like you have it in perspective and appreciate the right things. Thank you for being good to your father.

Thank you. You do what you have to do because you know how lucky you are to still have them. In my mother's last month's, her attitude was that she had lived 90 good years and had no regrets. She knew her illness was fatal, but she had done very well coming from very humble beginnings.

Dealing with 3 elderly parents at once is going to be difficult. Hope you have more than just you to do it. Hugs to you.

Spencer absolutely killed it last night in preseason play with 19 points and 6 rebounds on 9/13 shooting, and seeing him back in the 25 is so refreshing.

You can tell simply from that video, he's playing with a lot more confidence.

The Bulls just acquired MCW from the Bucks. IMO, dumb trade for them. They have possibly the worst 3pt shooting backcourt in the league between Wade, Rondo, and Butler. Every team that has experimented with MCW has traded him once they realize that his poor shooting makes him unplayable. Bad fit for them, there will be no spacing and defenses will pack it in.

The trade is even dumber when you consider that Spencer will prove to be a better player than MCW.

Back