What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spencer Dinwiddie vs Alec Burks

Who had the better freshman year?

• Alec Burks

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • Spencer Dinwiddie

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

RSSBot

News Junkie
Cruising through (read: stalking) twitter last night, I stumbled on this conversation between modern Buff phenoms Spencer Dinwiddie and Alec Burks:

@AlecBurks10: Everybody meet my son RT @SDinwiddie_25: I'm so close..

@SDimwiddie_25: I see u feel the need to comment on a real bucket getter's tweet..

Alec: @SDinwiddie_25 here u go talkin bout buckets u don't be gettin tho

Spencer: check the stats lil homie..

Alec: they wasn't like my stats my freshman year

(More...)

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Good read from Rumblin'. So who is it - the Mayor or Burks?

i dont think that there is too much of an argument that Burks had the better freshman season from a statistical point of view. Burks had a historic freshman season that really, in recent memory can only be compared to Roby's or Billups' freshman years in terms of stats.

That was fun reading at the bar last night. Loved Spence bringing up the championship and going to the tourney. Low blow..awesome.

Statistically, there's no contest. I love how Spence had to cheat a few point to even make it look close-ish.

In terms of season, I can't argue with Spencer's title point. Alec lead the team to a sub-.500 finish. Spencer helped lead the team to the program's first title in over four decades and a Tournament berth. It pays to play in the below-average Pac-12, but a win is a win.

I love Spencer. But Alec was such a breakout freshman that Tad's biggest recruiting job when he took over was convincing Alec to stay for his sophomore year instead of being a late 1st round/ early 2nd round NBA pick.

Worked out well for everyone. Alec moved up into the lottery while helping us set the single-season win record for the program.

The epic-ness of The Mayor's mustache must not be left out of the equation. Dinwiddie by a hair (or 2)

The epic-ness of The Mayor's mustache must not be left out of the equation. Dinwiddie by a hair (or 2)

Outta sight!

isaac.gif

Yeah. Alec experimented with a starter stache, but never fully committed to it.

Alec-Burks-Colorado-courtesy-of-Colorado-athletics.jpg

Spencer, though, went full George Jefferson epic (and is working on taking it to Lando level).

YAULLHJWIYAOQQG.20111019172504.JPG

Yeah. Alec experimented with a starter stache, but never fully committed to it.

Alec-Burks-Colorado-courtesy-of-Colorado-athletics.jpg

Spencer, though, went full George Jefferson epic (and is working on taking it to Lando level).

YAULLHJWIYAOQQG.20111019172504.JPG

Spencer's dad looks almost identical to the dad from Family Matters.

Back