What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sponsor a C-Unit member to ABQ

Allbuffs has contributed $50 from our meager advertising budget to support one of the kids going to the game. The Buff Club is routing the donations through the 'Your Team Fund'. They've received 12 emails to Mike Bohn about sponsoring students. So that's great!

If anyone wants to donate, feel free to PM me and I will give you the contact information of the person who can process the donation.

Just got the call from AD and did my 50 donation over the phone. I was hoping it would be in addition to the 100 going but still worth it.

I wonder how they are choosing who the money is going to? Hopefully its the kids that decline the invitation because they can't afford it.

Just got my call and gave them the digits. I asked how this was going to work out and the lady (Natalie?) seemed like some of this was still being worked out. what she was able to tell me for certain was that she was working with the people running the bus trip to make sure that the money deferred the student's side of the cost and not the AD's. I told her that the point of the gift was to get all of the 100 there or to get more if we could. She said they had gotten a lot of offers from seemingly out of no where and were still sorting out some details.

All in all though I think the best news here is that our AD is getting more responsive to their fan base. They're ahead of us on some things and reacting well when we offer to get involved. these are all very very good signs.

This is a great idea! I'm glad its gaining traction. I would love to finance students to get there but I don't have the funds at the moment. I don't think there should be a cap on the number of students taken but I understand the challenging logistics.

AllBuffs has picked up inquiries about this from twitter and face book, hopefully that means the number of sponsors is growing, spectacular job by all of you.

Picked up three more pledges through Facebook pledged as well As CU Golf Coach Roy Edwards, nice to see a positive response around this.

I've received an additional 5 or 6 PMs as well abs. Well done abs!

I've received an additional 5 or 6 PMs as well abs. Well done abs!

I'm in. This video is dedicated to Mike Bohn.

[video=youtube;JmEEnWEaeRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmEEnWEaeRk[/video]

Just sent my contact at Cu a request for an update on the number of sponsorships they are seeing. we'll see what comes back

Or, they go to the kids on the waitlist outside of the chosen 100, like, say, Tini. Then Tini can scalp the ticket.

Only problem is it costs the AD a lot more than $50 per person, if you read the email it says 50 is just the part that the original donors couldn't cover.

No idea. I gave 100 bucks and they said it was going to the students. Maybe you ate better or something.

No idea. I gave 100 bucks and they said it was going to the students. Maybe you ate better or something.

Well in that case, thank you all for the pop tarts, water, mexican food in Raton, chick-fil-a, Pizza, and Mcdonalds. They pretty much paid for every one of our meals.

It went into the Forever Buffs fund which was sponsoring the trip. I think all told we sponsored at 25 - 30 kids.

It went into the Forever Buffs fund which was sponsoring the trip. I think all told we sponsored at 25 - 30 kids.

Hmm I guess I didn't talk to the right people, I wonder how they chose that 30?

That is just what I was told. I have no idea how it was executed or who the kids were. Maybe the chick I talked to just took the cash and partied all weekend.

That is just what I was told. I have no idea how it was executed or who the kids were. Maybe the chick I talked to just took the cash and partied all weekend.

I imagine it went into a fund to help cover the cost of the trip to the school.

I didn't hear anything about anyone not paying. I think the money was just used to supliment the total cost of the trip so a big thanks to everyone who donated. Frankly for $50 we got transportation not only to0 and from ABQ but also around ABQ, two nights in hotel, tickets to four NCAA tournament games, a t-shirt, and eight meals. Considering what a steal of a deal this was I don't think that anyone needed someone else to "sponsor" them.

Ya I didn't hear anything about anyone not paying. I think the money was just used to supliment the total cost of the trip so a big thanks to everyone who donated. Frankly for $50 we got transportation not only to0 and from ABQ but also around ABQ, two nights in hotel, tickets to four NCAA tournament games, a t-shirt, and eight meals. Considering what a steal of a deal this was I don't think that anyone needed someone else to "sponsor" them.

Best 50 dollars I have ever spent in my life. Hands down.

I called on Thursday and put my $50 in...I hope it was allocated properly - we really caught the CU AD off guard with this idea

Back