What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sponsor a C-Unit member to ABQ

I don't know what CU's share of the NCAA tournament money is, or what they got (if anything) for winning the Pac 12 tournament, but I suspect they made a lot more than $67 grand. I didn't receive a penny of that money, so it might seem a little disingenuous on my part to say it, but I think that money was very well spent.

It was all covered by private donations.

Between the lift the students gave to the team both in LA and ABQ, all of the positive publicity the school got out of organizing these trips, what I'm sure will be increaced student turnout at future games, and the "brand equity" created between the students who went on the trips and the basketball program I think this was money very well spent.

I think that the bill was well worth it, and hopefully this continues in the future.

I think that the bill was well worth it, and hopefully this continues in the future.

I'd like to see 50-100 students have an opportunity for subsidized travel to football away games. The selection can be made based on some combination of spirit and academic standing.

Right now the most well travelled "away" destination for most students is Invesco. While Invesco is close, it is not representative of a proper road trip that includes being a guest on someone's campus.

Between the lift the students gave to the team both in LA and ABQ, all of the positive publicity the school got out of organizing these trips, what I'm sure will be increaced student turnout at future games, and the "brand equity" created between the students who went on the trips and the basketball program I think this was money very well spent.
:thumbsup:

I'd like to see 50-100 students have an opportunity for subsidized travel to football away games. The selection can be made based on some combination of spirit and academic standing.

Right now the most well travelled "away" destination for most students is Invesco. While Invesco is close, it is not representative of a proper road trip that includes being a guest on someone's campus.
Those are not good criteria for selection. Spirit is very subjective and it's not realistic to select 50-100 kids based on it and academic standing is also a bit subjective. With academics, professors can curve the grades to what ever they want as long as it's within reason. For example, my Microeconomics teacher last spring curved the class to a 75%, or a C but my current Mircoeconomic theory teacher curves the class to a 85%, or a B. That's a big difference and every teacher has a different curve so that throws GPA's off quite a bit and makes it tough to select people based on academic standing. So if you're an average student, your GPA will fluctuate a lot just based on who your teacher is.

Now I think I have heard it all.:lol:

Academic standing is too subjective? Wow.

Now I think I have heard it all.:lol:

Academic standing is too subjective? Wow.

Point is that it's tough to get a accurate representation of the student bodies grade point because their isn't a uniform curve.

My grade point is fine by the way.

For football, I think they would have to just do a random lottery. Limit it to kids who managed to make it into Folsom prior to kickoff at least 5 out of 6 games the year before (freshmen will have to be excluded, obviously). 25-50 winners, each may bring a student guest.

So? Are you saying that is an excuse students should be able to use?

No but it shouldn't be part of the criteria for selecting kids to travel like Skiddy suggested. And good academic standing at CU is anything over a 2.0, which is pretty damn low.

No but it shouldn't be part of the criteria for selecting kids to travel like Skiddy suggested. And good academic standing at CU is anything over a 2.0, which is pretty damn low.

Spitballing here:
Spirit criteria = attendance to games and/or organizing spirit building activities and/or exceptional display of spirit (e.g. creating a costume personna with brand equity like barrel man or buff girl)

Academic criteria: Not on probation, not failing courses. Special weighting towards deans lists. Special recognition for academic achievement. (E.g. prestigious scholarship like Rhodes,Fulbright, ect. Being published. Consecutive semesters with >3.5 GPA or Dean's list.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Point is that it's tough to get a accurate representation of the student bodies grade point because their isn't a uniform curve.

My grade point is fine by the way.

I actually agree with Tini here. I think it's hard to compare across majors of study.

Get the academic requirement out of there.

Unless, of course, we want to give preference to students who are on academic probation. I'm sure they'd be the loudest and craziest fans.

I actually agree with Tini here. I think it's hard to compare across majors of study.

Get the academic requirement out of there.

Unless, of course, we want to give preference to students who are on academic probation. I'm sure they'd be the loudest and craziest fans.

There's no point micromanaging this from the web. Does Allbuffs really care how students are selected? Certainly between Bohn and DiSteph, something equitable can be worked out.

As to the GPA issue, if we were to micromanage, it would be fine for the top X% from each college to be eligable. The engineering or molecular biology schools might have a cut off at 3.0 while Arts and Parties has a cutoff of 3.75 or whatever.

I'm torn on Tini. He would benefit by getting to his first out of state game so he could finally be cured of his misguided fixation on CSU and equally pussified fear of putting LSU on a future schedule.
The guy has passion, but God Bless! He has been a piss poor ambassador to the school at times. I'd rather see a subsidized ticket go to someone less volitile and be content that Tini pays full fare until he gets his **** together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send whoever is the loudest and has the biggest boobs.

fat-white-guy.jpg

There's no point micromanaging this from the web. Does Allbuffs really care how students are selected? Certainly between Bohn and DiSteph, something equitable can be worked out.

As to the GPA issue, if we were to micromanage, it would be fine for the top X% from each college to be eligable. The engineering or molecular biology schools might have a cut off at 3.0 while Arts and Parties has a cutoff of 3.75 or whatever.

I'm torn on Tini. He would benefit by getting to his first out of state game so he could finally be cured of his misguided fixation on CSU and equally pussified fear of putting LSU on a future schedule.
The guy has passion, but God Bless! He has been a piss poor ambassador to the school at times. I'd rather see a subsidized ticket go to someone less volitile and be content that Tini pays full fare until he gets his **** together.

Hey I've been to an out of state game, just not in football. The CSU stems from growing up around those ****s and constantly hearing **** from them nearly everyday. I probably shouldn't care about them but they are despised in my parent and grandparents household. Not getting into the scheduling thing again because I've explained it enough.

The GPA though falls into the same argument as APR does. As long as you're not on probation as you said and can keep up with your school work (18-22 year olds should be able to manage their time with school) you should be eligible. I'm not sold on the spirit thing because not everyone is a vocal guy. Idk, I think they should just use the same system as basketball but make it so you have to be there before kickoff or something.

Hey I've been to an out of state game, just not in football. The CSU stems from growing up around those ****s and constantly hearing **** from them nearly everyday. I probably shouldn't care about them but they are despised in my parent and grandparents household. Not getting into the scheduling thing again because I've explained it enough.

The GPA though falls into the same argument as APR does. As long as you're not on probation as you said and can keep up with your school work (18-22 year olds should be able to manage their time with school) you should be eligible. I'm not sold on the spirit thing because not everyone is a vocal guy. Idk, I think they should just use the same system as basketball but make it so you have to be there before kickoff or something.

It's excellent you got down to ABQ and had a chance to represent the school on foreign soil.

I'm hoping you had an amazing time and collected a bunch of memories that you'll treasure. Thanks for the pixs and various travel posts from the bus and sporting venues. Now that you are back, I'm looking forward to your story from the trip. Preferably you'll emphasize fear, loathing, too much booze, some questionable companionship, hookups, encounters with celebrities and a dustup or two with the bad guys.

If Albuquerque was fun, imagine the good times that take place in and around the storied football venues on game day under perfect September skies.

Road trip for the win.

It's excellent you got down to ABQ and had a chance to represent the school on foreign soil.

I'm hoping you had an amazing time and collected a bunch of memories that you'll treasure. Thanks for the pixs and various travel posts from the bus and sporting venues. Now that you are back, I'm looking forward to your story from the trip. Preferably you'll emphasize fear, loathing, too much booze, some questionable companionship, hookups, encounters with celebrities and a dustup or two with the bad guys.

If Albuquerque was fun, imagine the good times that take place in and around the storied football venues on game day under perfect September skies.

Road trip for the win.
I just wish I was 21 when I was down there. Great trip, but man is New Mexico boring if you're under 21.

I just wish I was 21 when I was down there. Great trip, but man is New Mexico boring if you're under 21.

That's right. Scratch the booze. I do not condone underage drinking.

The interwebs are fairly devoid of Albuquerque talent.

This came up on the first page of Google.
a6934896-118f-f393.jpg

Hunting or being hunted by cougars only requires being over 18. Just sayin'.
a6934896-119b-a2bb.jpg

And there is always the pursuit of the unattainable.
a6934896-11a4-0cfb.jpg

I agree with Tini on the subjectivity of the grades that can sometimes be given outby professors. It isn't necessarily an excuse to get bad grades, however with the way they curve grades now, it is really difficult to tell exactly where you stand academically from class to class at times

Insane. If I fail hard classes in highshool they are no more likely to let me in to college with a ****** GPA. Yes, some profs give higher grades, your birth certificate never mentions fair. Get good grades, show lots of spirit and you get to go.

Insane. If I fail hard classes in highshool they are no more likely to let me in to college with a ****** GPA. Yes, some profs give higher grades, your birth certificate never mentions fair. Get good grades, show lots of spirit and you get to go.
I don't think you're understanding the point.

I think you need to go study
I am.

In high school the grades a fixed. There aren't curves and an 92% is a A and considered the same as a 100%. At CU, a 92% is a A- and is a 3.7 where a 100% is a A and a 4.0. But when you have teachers that curve grades differently and there is no uniform grade curve throughout the school. Should a education major who has a 3.8 GPA get preference over a Econ or other Business major student who has a 2.9? This falls into the same issue that APR has.

Back