What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sponsor a C-Unit member to ABQ

This came up on the first page of Google.
a6934896-118f-f393.jpg

Google should be ashamed of themselves.

BTW, are those passes to the stock show?

For away football travel my initial thought was before the season starts a group of students capped at 5 should apply for the opportunity to travel (i don't know how many they have in a hotel room in ABQ but 5 seems reasonable per room). The AD office should hold a lottery to find the winning groups who will be given the opportunity to travel.

I am torn on the GPA thing as many others are, I had one semester of Calc 2 and Chem 2 bitch slap my GPA. I do think though that the AD should look at each student individually, they wont want to send students who were constant offenders of policies like drinking/drugs in the dorms, MIPs, academic probation,...ect.

Overall though this is great that the AD and the fan base is supporting our students and athletic teams. I was told by so many non-Buff people that it was really cool that the University was doing this.

*also I know it may seem unpopular but I think that class stanging should play a minor role in the selection, Jr/Sr students should be slightly favored and have given more to the university. As well as they will be 21 and I get to drink with the lady co-eds out at the bars :thumbsup:.

Last edited:
That's right. Scratch the booze. I do not condone underage drinking.

The interwebs are fairly devoid of Albuquerque talent.

a6934896-118f-f393.jpg

Never, never, never, never, never, 1, never, not after Rugged, never

a6934896-118f-f393.jpg

My keyboard does not have enough "x's".

@'tini:

I think BB's response was the best, but I'll pile on.

Are you kidding me? Are you ****ing kidding me? Of all the whiny "Life isn't fair" bull**** I've ever heard in my life, I think that this takes the cake.

Grades aren't fair? Guess what? Nothing is fair. Grades will be about the most fair thing you'll encounter in the rest of your life.

Story for you. Tracking through the Senior War College toward a Master's in International Strategy. After my second trimester, I'm sitting in the top 8%. Top 15% graduates with honors.

Final trimester, and I graduate near the top of my seminar--can't do any better than that. Unfortunately, graduating near the top of seminar is only good enough for the top 53% of the overclass (or something like that). My instructor graded differently than the others. A lot differently. I dropped down to the 15.1% and missed out on graduating by honors. I was literally the first student (there were several hundred of us) after the cut-off.

Sucks right? Nope. It is what it is. We all agree to accept the standard. Grades are the standard. Period. It doesn't mean it's fair, it's just the rules that we play by. Your grades will be evaluated by most of your future employers. I had to submit my transcripts for my next assignment, as a matter of fact. I tried to explain there were circumstances behind that "D" in physics, but for some reason they just didn't listen.

Don't discard the standard because you don't think it's fair. It's the best system we've got, so we have to use it.

Seriously, I think I've heard just about everything from you now. I'm still in shock.

So did the students receive any of the donations to help pay for the $50 fee or did dply pocket it?

My keyboard does not have enough "x's".

@'tini:

I think BB's response was the best, but I'll pile on.

Are you kidding me? Are you ****ing kidding me? Of all the whiny "Life isn't fair" bull**** I've ever heard in my life, I think that this takes the cake.

Grades aren't fair? Guess what? Nothing is fair. Grades will be about the most fair thing you'll encounter in the rest of your life.

Story for you. Tracking through the Senior War College toward a Master's in International Strategy. After my second trimester, I'm sitting in the top 8%. Top 15% graduates with honors.

Final trimester, and I graduate near the top of my seminar--can't do any better than that. Unfortunately, graduating near the top of seminar is only good enough for the top 53% of the overclass (or something like that). My instructor graded differently than the others. A lot differently. I dropped down to the 15.1% and missed out on graduating by honors. I was literally the first student (there were several hundred of us) after the cut-off.

Sucks right? Nope. It is what it is. We all agree to accept the standard. Grades are the standard. Period. It doesn't mean it's fair, it's just the rules that we play by. Your grades will be evaluated by most of your future employers. I had to submit my transcripts for my next assignment, as a matter of fact. I tried to explain there were circumstances behind that "D" in physics, but for some reason they just didn't listen.

Don't discard the standard because you don't think it's fair. It's the best system we've got, so we have to use it.

Seriously, I think I've heard just about everything from you now. I'm still in shock.

Where was I bitching? I've benefitted from the random grade curves. I was only stating that they should not be used because it would fall into the same issue that APR has and there isn't a campus wide grade curve which distorts grades. All I'm stating, once again is that GPA should not play into the selection unless you are on probation.

I care as much about the academic standing of the C-unit as much as I care about the gymnastic abilities of our meh cheerleaders.

1. Loud
2. Bewbs
3. Profit

Attention all CU students ..... how to help your chances of being included next year.... (assuming of course that they do everything the same next season) ...
" get extra points for attending women's games " And the WBB team will greatly appreciate the support.

Attention all CU students ..... how to help your chances of being included next year.... (assuming of course that they do everything the same next season) ...
" get extra points for attending women's games " And the WBB team will greatly appreciate the support.
:nod: You can do it drunk too!*

*only if you are 21. :wink2:

Next year that's my goal.

I wish this were true but they do not scan your cards at women's games. They counted the Arizona and Arizona st games this year but it was just a sheet that you signed. Hopefully they change it next year.

Back