What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sports Betting Technicalities Discussion

I never heard of public money moving lines...
Lots of people go to Vegas. Plus Vegas now watches off shore. Semi-final brings big haul, with a ton a day bets remotely given new regulations. VISN had a good article on it earlier this week.

Lots of people go to Vegas. Plus Vegas now watches off shore. Semi-final brings big haul, with a ton a day bets remotely given new regulations. VISN had a good article on it earlier this week.

You don’t understand my point.

Square (AKA public) money doesn’t move lines. Sharp money moves lines.

Books on and off shore have gotten a lot of recent sharp ATS money on ND bets and a lot of square ML money on ND. That’s why the line has corrected back toward opening line, not from public money.

Yes, 11.0, then bet to 13.5, 14 at some houses as sharps came in early and hard at 11.5 and 12. Public now playing, plus some sharps may trying to middle at 11 and 13.5.

This isn’t what you said before. I agree with this. Sharp money moved the line back.

You don’t understand my point.

Square (AKA public) money doesn’t move lines. Sharp money moves lines.

Books on and off shore have gotten a lot of recent sharp ATS money on ND bets and a lot of square ML money on ND. That’s why the line has corrected back toward opening line, not from public money.
Please send me the article. VISN says different.

This isn’t what you said before. I agree with this. Sharp money moved the line back.
If sharps moved the line back to 10, they are trying to middle 12 or 14.

My premise - and that of VISN - is that square money on ND reduced the line from 14 to 10. Sharp money on Clemson moved it from 11 to 14.

If sharps moved the line back to 10, they are trying to middle 12 or 14.

My premise - and that of VISN - is that square money on ND reduced the line from 14 to 10. Sharp money on Clemson moved it from 11 to 14.

I agree that there’s been sharp buy back to attempt a low teen middle. I don’t think square money moves a line in a major handle game — ever.

I agree that there’s been sharp buy back to attempt a low teen middle. I don’t think square money moves a line in a major handle game — ever.
I can’t argue with you. I’ve tried before. It’s impossible.

But you are flat out wrong. I spoke to ESPN lead Vegas writer after my earlier posts. Plus another VISN subscription article.

Yes, the public never moves a line. Wrong!

But you are right.

I can’t argue with you. I’ve tried before. It’s impossible.

But you are flat out wrong. I spoke to ESPN lead Vegas writer after my earlier posts. Plus another VISN subscription article.

Yes, the public never moves a line. Wrong!

But you are right.

Which successful sports book managers told you that they move a major handle game because of square money?

I’ll wait.

Which successful sports book managers told you that they move a major handle game because of square money?

I’ll wait.

Youmans. And VISN. I have a note out to Murray as well.

Same day public money was huge.

You are in over your head.

Please just stop now.

Youmans. And VISN. I have a note out to Murray as well.

Same day public money was huge.

You are in over your head.

Please just stop now.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wait. A newspaper writer and a tout service on satellite radio are successful sports book managers?!

And, I am in over my head? You’re hilarious.

It is a very simple question that you cannot answer because your position makes no sense. Square money does not move lines, especially in big handle games.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wait. A newspaper writer and a tout service on satellite radio are successful sports book managers?!

And, I am in over my head? You’re hilarious.

It is a very simple question that you cannot answer because your position makes no sense. Square money does not move lines, especially in big handle games.

I answered your question twice based on four sources that know Vegas and what happened today.

I’m done. Like I said, you are impossible and don’t understand handle.

I answered your question twice based on four sources that know Vegas and what happened today.

You have not answered my question.

I asked which sports book managers told you that they move handle because of square money. You listed none.

Your anger is really strange because you’re saying something that is extremely counterintuitive. Just because we disagree doesn’t mean you have to get all pissy.

Sorry that I’ve asked you to prove the assertion that square money moves lines.

I just emailed Jay Kornegay.

He told me that he will only move a line because of square money if the amount is a “large quantity”. He indicated that the amount must be “overwhelming”. He said that he will also sometimes move a line slightly so he can take more square money on a bad side.

You are correct. I was wrong.

I just emailed Jay Kornegay.

He told me that he will only move a line because of square money if the amount is a “large quantity”. He indicated that the amount must be “overwhelming”. He said that he will also sometimes move a line slightly so he can take more square money on a bad side.

You are correct. I was wrong.
All good. It takes a national group of squares (for example, drunk Irish - I’m Irish) to make it happen. It is rare, but seems to have happened today.

I’ve got the under (80.5) in this game. And Bama team total over 48.5 by the way.

Bama run game is my friend right now.

Happy wagers.

All good. It takes a national group of squares (for example, drunk Irish - I’m Irish) to make it happen. It is rare, but seems to have happened today.

I’ve got the under (80.5) in this game. And Bama team total over 48.5 by the way.

Bama run game is my friend right now.

Happy wagers.

We are on the same side of the game total.
My biggest winner this season has been Bama 1H TT overs. Again money today.

Back