What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sports Confessions

I think the "do-dee-dee-do-dee-do-dee-do buh buh buh GO C-U" song is for chicks and should be phased out as of yesterday.

The CU fight song rhymes when it ends with "Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Win!

CU fans who go Fight x5 are cheapening the fight song

/Alferd Jasper

"Fight CU down the field" sounds wrong when singing inside the Keg, or at a track meet, or supporting the multi-national championship XC and Ski Teams.

But singing "Fight CU down the...
1) Court
2) Slope
3) Track
4) Course
5) Pitch
6) Any other option not "Field" just sounds wrong.
It's a no-win situation.

"Go Buffs"

Is that really the best we can do? Go Buffs?

I mean "Go _______" is so generic and uninspired. CU shouldn't fall in line with Nebraska's Go Big Red (GBR) or Oregon's Go Ducks or with the 100 other GO [your team name / primary school color] model.

Schools with variety stand out. Examples:

Hook'em horns
Gig 'em Aggies
Fight On (USC)
Sic 'em Bears
Roll (damn) Tide

CU deserves a unique and simple salutation we can utter to fellow Buffs in the airports and other places where we encounter fellow CU fans in the wild.

I don't know what is better than "Go Buffs." But somebody should come up with something.

"Go Buffs"

I mean "Go _______" is so generic and uninspired. CU shouldn't fall in line with Nebraska's Go Big Red (GBR) or Oregon's Go Ducks or with the 100 other GO [your team name / primary school color] model.

Hook'em horns
Gig 'em Aggies
Fight On (USC)
Sic 'em Bears
Roll (damn) Tide

CU deserves a unique and simple salutation we can utter to fellow Buffs in the airports and other places where we encounter fellow CU fans in the wild.

I don't know what is better than "Go Buffs." But somebody should come up with something.

We sort of have the Buff's stampede, but to make it into a yell...

Stampede Buffs! or Buffs Stampede!
Gore 'em Buffs!

and, I never, ever, in over 30 years of singing the fight song, heard anyone end it with "win". Rhyming be damned.

"Go Buffs"

Hook'em horns
Gig 'em Aggies
Fight On (USC)
Sic 'em Bears
Roll (damn) Tide

Smoke 'em Buffs

"Go Buffs"

Hook'em horns
Gig 'em Aggies
Fight On (USC)
Sic 'em Bears
Roll (damn) Tide

We do. It's called "Shoulder to Shoulder"

The "**** 'em up, **** 'em up (or "rough 'em up" or "buffaloes" depending on your preference), Go CU" chant is kind of unique, but Shoulder to Shoulder is the only phrase that is truly CU's. CU will never have a "Roll Damn Tide" or "Hook 'em Horns" or "Bear Down" type of slogan.

We do, however, have the best tradition in sports and that's running out behind a live buffalo. Been going to CU games my entire life and I still go chills at the Spring Game watching her run.

The "**** 'em up, **** 'em up (or "rough 'em up" or "buffaloes" depending on your preference), Go CU" chant is kind of unique, but Shoulder to Shoulder is the only phrase that is truly CU's. CU will never have a "Roll Damn Tide" or "Hook 'em Horns" or "Bear Down" type of slogan.

We do, however, have the best tradition in sports and that's running out behind a live buffalo. Been going to CU games my entire life and I still go chills at the Spring Game watching her run.

Not really a confession, but this post reminds me how stupid "Bear Down" is for a school with a wildcat for a mascot. I don't care that there's a story behind it...it's stupid.

If it weren't for the competition with co-workers and friends in multiple NCAA bracket pools, I probably wouldn't watch or care about the NCAA tourney (assuming CU isn't in it).

1. My passion for CU/college football/and recently college basketball had become ridiculous. My kids were scared to be in the same room, I would be annoyed at having to take my kids to sports on Saturdays, and my family couldn't go on weekend trips between August and January. And sadly, because the Buffs have not been worth that effort recently, I have consciously stopped watching sports...didn't watch a single bowl game. And my family is much happier for it.

2. Cheerleading had always been one of my favorite sports. The reason being the dichotomy of it - some of the most athletic girls around, on par with gymnastics (they do some crazy ****) all while being required to be sexy. There are other sports where they "may be" sexy, but it's not required. And weirdly, I don't feel creepy about because I truly appreciate their effort.

3. I get almost as much enjoyment out of other teams' suffering as I do out of the Buffs' success.

4. I am an NHL poser fan. I like the sport. I love when the Avs do well. I can't name a single player in the league or define icing, much less how any team is doing.

Bonus - I am crazy superstitious and know full well that nothing I do in my own home had a damn thing to do with how a team will perform on my TV [i wouldn't drink prior to the end of a Buffs game, I've yelled at my kids for moving from one seat to another, I've woken up at 6 am because I realized I needed to wash a specific t-shirt]. Ergo, see confession #1.

CUAviator, you seriously made it through Buffs games without drinking? And you think that somehow helped? That's nuts, man. My family tends to give me wide berth on CU game days, but I'm not sure why.

CUAviator, you seriously made it through Buffs games without drinking? And you think that somehow helped? That's nuts, man. My family tends to give me wide berth on CU game days, but I'm not sure why.

You are an ogre?!?

I saw the Denver Gold get run over by Herschel Walker.

I still have the ticket stub from the first USFL championship game played in Denver.

This is the confessions page. I thought we were in the tree trust hous...are we not?

1. My passion for CU/college football/and recently college basketball had become ridiculous. My kids were scared to be in the same room, I would be annoyed at having to take my kids to sports on Saturdays, and my family couldn't go on weekend trips between August and January. And sadly, because the Buffs have not been worth that effort recently, I have consciously stopped watching sports...didn't watch a single bowl game. And my family is much happier for it.

2. Cheerleading had always been one of my favorite sports. The reason being the dichotomy of it - some of the most athletic girls around, on par with gymnastics (they do some crazy ****) all while being required to be sexy. There are other sports where they "may be" sexy, but it's not required. And weirdly, I don't feel creepy about because I truly appreciate their effort.

3. I get almost as much enjoyment out of other teams' suffering as I do out of the Buffs' success.

4. I am an NHL poser fan. I like the sport. I love when the Avs do well. I can't name a single player in the league or define icing, much less how any team is doing.

Bonus - I am crazy superstitious and know full well that nothing I do in my own home had a damn thing to do with how a team will perform on my TV [i wouldn't drink prior to the end of a Buffs game, I've yelled at my kids for moving from one seat to another, I've woken up at 6 am because I realized I needed to wash a specific t-shirt]. Ergo, see confession #1.

th.jpg

Back