What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring ball 2012

Someone needs to step up at WR. We lose 3 of our top 4 in Clemons, Cefalo, and Gray

Hansen, speedy, TClem, Miller, Adkins, Sandersfeld, Perkins, Hartigan, Deehan, Harrington, Manhke, Cunningham.
Anyone else?
. I think replacing Hansen, Hartigan and the OL guys are the biggest question marks. It could be a lot worse.

Kind of crazy to think this but of all these guys the one that we may miss the most is Hartigan. He never should have been out there in the first place. He's to small, to slow, not tremendously skilled but he has a ridiculous motor and always seemed to find a way to make plays. We have some young guys who are more talented than he is but it will be hard to find someone who gets his results.

Someone needs to step up at WR. We lose 3 of our top 4 in Clemons, Cefalo, and Gray

TClem became a force for us in the second half of the season. A healthy PRich coming back should make up for that. Gray was meh and Cefalo was an overachieving walk-on type. I would put McColloch ahead of Cefalo in the order so you are losing 3 out of 5, maybe 6 since Canty played almost as much as Cefalo.

WR is a position where guys can contribute pretty quickly. We have some guys we haven't seen yet like Spruce and I think the Texas 3 are going to be impact players for us. WR should be fine

can't wait - this team is playing more physical and with a chip on their shoulder... if they carry that emotion and swag into next year, look out pac12, here come the mighty BUFFS

Logan Gray didn't do much for the Buffs in his senior year, Cefalo was injured for most part. I am not worried about losing Cefalo and Gray. T Clemons production will be missed, hopefully P Richardson can fill the void and Nelson Spruce can step up.

Last edited:
Kind of crazy to think this but of all these guys the one that we may miss the most is Hartigan. He never should have been out there in the first place. He's to small, to slow, not tremendously skilled but he has a ridiculous motor and always seemed to find a way to make plays. We have some young guys who are more talented than he is but it will be hard to find someone who gets his results.
This is what I was thinking. As a disrupter on defense he was the best we had (Rippy probably in second). We really need someone to take on that role and no one distinguished them self as a player with the motor to do that. We desperately need a lights out D linemen who can bring pressure and wreak havoc in the backfield.

I really hope they take off the pink jerseys for the QB's and let them get hit. I've felt that one of the biggest issues for CU, other than lack of talent and the Hack, has been QB's who shine in practice but suck in live games. I'm sure you've all seen the practice warriors. Hansen was one of them and I do understand they were protecting him due to lack of depth but I think it hurt him in live action. Sometimes it seemed things were going too quicky for him and knowing you're going to get nailed helps you out immensely in actual games.

I really hope they take off the pink jerseys for the QB's and let them get hit. I've felt that one of the biggest issues for CU, other than lack of talent and the Hack, has been QB's who shine in practice but suck in live games. I'm sure you've all seen the practice warriors. Hansen was one of them and I do understand they were protecting him due to lack of depth but I think it hurt him in live action. Sometimes it seemed things were going too quicky for him and knowing you're going to get nailed helps you out immensely in actual games.

Yeah that sounds like a great idea...not.

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

I'd actually like to finally have a back up QB who can do a descent job running the O. I feel like most other teams have back up QBs who are reasonably talented and competent with the O but we always have a back up QB with almost no experience and only knows 10% of the playbook. I feel like this has been our situation since Barnett.

Hopefully we get Shead and he can be available for spring ball, it will be nice to have a big back running the ball. I like Speedy, but i don't know about you but i am a jerome Bettis, Mike Alstot, John Riggins type of guy.

I'd actually like to finally have a back up QB who can do a descent job running the O. I feel like most other teams have back up QBs who are reasonably talented and competent with the O but we always have a back up QB with almost no experience and only knows 10% of the playbook. I feel like this has been our situation since Barnett.

This is due to the attitude that the starter plays the whole game for some reason. I can see this if the game is close but as soon as the game is no longer in doubt you need to get your backup in there to get them some reps. Ideally if you are up by 20 going into the 4th you sit the starter and give the #2 a drive or two and then try and get the #3 the last drive to run out the clock.

Of course this only works well if you are winning... When you are losing it just seems to start a possible controversy but it still needs to be done, especially in college ball where you always need to be prepping the next guy.

Back