What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practice/Game

Jayne Cobb

One Damn Dirty Ape
Club Member
Apart from one a post in the news forum, I haven't seen much about the spring game/practice, so I went on Google and got this result from the official website.

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 3.47.54 PM.png

It led to this from a couple years back, with Midnight Mel in the background

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 3.48.07 PM.jpg

I find this mildly amusing.

Apart from one a post in the news forum, I haven't seen much about the spring game/practice, so I went on Google and got this result from the official website.

View attachment 50527

View attachment 50528

Like masturbating with a cheese grater.
But mostly painful.
1648298439976.gif

Marketing! Lol

It’s almost as if they don’t have unfettered access to thousands of free laborers through the university and Leeds. Rub 3 brain cells together and you could come up with a sports marketing internship program where the workforce is actually paying YOU for the opportunity to do your marketing

Marketing! Lol

It’s almost as if they don’t have unfettered access to thousands of free laborers through the university and Leeds. Rub 3 brain cells together and you could come up with a sports marketing internship program where the workforce is actually paying YOU for the opportunity to do your marketing
I've never understood why CU doesn't leverage this.

I found that page a couple weeks ago while wondering when the spring game was. Went to add it to my calendar for 4/27/22 and discovered that's a Wednesday.

FFS.

@RollTad21 is 100% right -- crazy the university doesn't give out internships or other work studies to students competent at HTML.

It all goes together.

If anyone actually cared (in a decision making position) they wouldn't tolerate the incompetence as long as they have.

No one is going to stop the AD from implementing that program. No one.

Could be HCKD is trying to keep it on the DL so the media doesn’t show up… maybe he doesn’t want to be tempted to pick up that second strike.

No one is going to stop the AD from implementing that program. No one.
Nobody cares enough to worry about them not doing it, or any number of other things that would look like they are trying.

There is no accountability because above the AD level it isn't any form of priority.

Almost ashamed to say. No interest in spring game, or next season. Life is too short to support a school and team that settles for less than mediocrity. And I really hate to say it…..not that long ago, I think I was at least on the same support level as any Buff fan in the world.

That is a copout for the AD not being able to do basic tasks.
I'm not defending in any way the AD.

If the administration above them though cared the situation would have been addressed well before now by holding them accountable or bringing in someone who does address problems.

This is an AD problem in that the level of performance is unacceptable.

It is every bit as much a school problem because they have accepted it.

So on brand. The rot is everywhere.
So on brand. The rot is everywhere.
Almost ashamed to say. No interest in spring game, or next season. Life is too short to support a school and team that settles for less than mediocrity. And I really hate to say it…..not that long ago, I think I was at least on the same support level as any Buff fan in the world.
I agree.

Oddly, I’ve been quite happy with the Pac-12 network games over the past few years, because I get my Saturdays free. I can get a nice long run or ride in during the day, knowing our games won’t be scheduled during prime time. Then I can just watch it live with Mark and Coach on audio instead of the Pac12 commentators, or record and zip through the bad parts (get done with a game in an hour or so).

It’s actually been surprisingly nice to not worry about our games enough to have them affect my weekends any more.

Wooooo! Pig Sooie!

View attachment 50527

View attachment 50528

Me during it, probably:
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by NBC

I'm not defending in any way the AD.

If the administration above them though cared the situation would have been addressed well before now by holding them accountable or bringing in someone who does address problems.

This is an AD problem in that the level of performance is unacceptable.

It is every bit as much a school problem because they have accepted it.
I blame the fans.

They could promote a big farmers market/food truck rally with local live music at the stadium combined with other community outreach initiatives. Bring Avery and others in for beer related fun. Partner with local schools for some fun field day type stuff or something similar

Or….

Don’t market whatsoever and let people know about the date of the spring game in one line of Brian’s article

We have been collectively bitching about the general approach the school has taken towards the Spring game for years. It’s pretty clear that in spite of the seemingly endless possibilities to leverage the campus and program to generate some excitement for the upcoming season, the school is simply not interested.

Back