What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stanford @ UW game thread

14er

Club Member
Club Member
Just flipping through the guide and found this game and I had no idea they were playing tonight! Screw the NFL (except on commercials). 7pm mst espin

Washington will have 3 or 4 backup playing at the OL because of injuries, I expect Stanford to win easily however it's also Nunes first road start in his career so who knows.

Before this season, how many people thought David Shaw was a going to pan out on the Farm? Honest, now...

Wow their punter is their kicker too! Talk about saving scholarships.. meanwhile we have like 9 kickers/punters on scholarship :sad2:

wow, did comcast just add the NFL network? I could never watch the Thursday night game before. And now that I can I am watching this one instead!

UW certainly has some solid young talent. I really don't understand why we can't expect to recruit like they do.

Pretty athletic move by Stanford for the D-lineman to make that pick and score.

Great performance by the Washington defense. Justin Wilcox is a name we need to be thinking about going forward.

Also, isn't the game at century link field? I thought the offense was awarded a touchdown for interceptions there?

Ty Montgomery and Greg Little showed me today that you don't need good hands to be a WR :lol:

why didnt the corner knock the ball down?

Because of Monday night. He didn't want to leave it to chance.

Anyway,

I hope to keep posting here.

If you don't hear from me soon just know that I died a very, very happy man....

And I just hope Wilcox is here for another year or two... and when he leaves I will wish him well when he's not playing UW...

I can't believe Washington stoned the Furd run game like that. Impressive.

Wash QB price is getting killed in this game.
MTN, this is what I thought, too. I kept waiting for some UW O-Line to have even an effective HOLD in some attempt to pretend they were O-linemen, but finally they managed to re-discover blocking techniques. Slightly. I wonder if the players felt off-kilter or something - no squad on either team played with any consistency from one quarter to the next, except "from bad to worse" occasionally. I wonder if this was Thursday Night Blues or something.

It was interesting to see one team being left to hang around, on their home field, and then decide to do a few blocking maneuvers much better - the run, the occasional allowance of their QB to have even 3-step-dropback time. And UW didn't give up, as bad as they played in that first half.

UW's OLine has been decimated by injuries this year. I've never seen anything like it.

4 of the 5 projected starters from last year are out. Porter retired due to chronic shoulder problems in the Spring (our best OL). Kohler and Riva are both out for awhile, and we've lost Tanigawa (probably the best mauler behind Porter) for the year as well. We're literally playing with our 3rd stringers in some positions.

Keith Price will need his feet this year, because he will not have much time in the pocket...

Back