What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Start Hirschman?

I say we redshirt him for the first 5 games then start him the rest. Ocasionally taking him out on third downs to put a more experienced QB in.

Then after 2 years of that proclaim him a bust if he isn't carrying the team to victory? :smile2:

I'm with WR on this one. It's only the spring game, give the kid a couple of series to work with so we can get some idea of his potential.

You run a real risk of ruining a young QB if you throw him into games before he is ready. You have to be careful with QBs because once they lose the confidence, it is extremely hard to get that back. Redshirt him.
I don't necessarily agree with this analysis. All things being equal, I would generally say play the youngest guy. In this case however, I would start Hansen if all QBs are equal. If you start Hirsch, you run the risk of Hansen leaving the program, whereas Hirsch won't leave if Hansen starts. We don't have the depth at QB (I don't think) to absorb Hansen's transfer. But if Hirsch is the best guy come September, you play him.

Can you imagine Simas, Clemmons, Simmons, and McKnight with a pro type QB like Hirschman throwing to them?

Guys need to RS and he had a lot of height under that ball. Still had the best long pass of the day though.

A true frosh with the longest pass of the day (I think even before catch). Ugh.

I remember when B-Jax was starting and much of the Buff-supportin' world accused Coach Hawkins of nepotism (if you can imagine) because he was protecting our finst quarterback's redshirt status. That quarterback was Cody of course. Everybody was convinced that Cody was the answer to all of our problems.

Anyway, I had a point I was going to make, but I forget what it was.

That the backup QB is generally the most popular guy in town?

I think you have to redshirt Hirshman. He has a very bright future. Hansen needs to start and play this entire season if he's healthy. Cody is a known quantity, and what we know is that he's not good enough. Period.

That the backup QB is generally the most popular guy in town?

I think you have to redshirt Hirshman. He has a very bright future. Hansen needs to start and play this entire season if he's healthy. Cody is a known quantity, and what we know is that he's not good enough. Period.

Exactly....Danny has no other choice, unless he is the ultimate gambler....

Imo we should start Hansen. If Tyler falters, we should give Hirschman a chance. If Hirschman does become the QB, I think Dan will be done in Boulder. It's an awful lot to ask a freshman to clean up this mess we have in Boulder.

Cody will get a chance before Hirschman. I think he should redshirt now
You think so? I doubt we'll ever see Cody at QB again unless it's some kind of trick play.

I think sending in Hirschman in too early is an unnecessary risk. The kid just recently changed every aspect of how he plays QB. I think it's in our best interest to let him work on that and see what he can do for us after Hawkins is done in Boulder.

You think so? I doubt we'll ever see Cody at QB again unless it's some kind of trick play.

I think sending in Hirschman in too early is an unnecessary risk. The kid just recently changed every aspect of how he plays QB. I think it's in our best interest to let him work on that and see what he can do for us after Hawkins is done in Boulder.

:wtf: usually you are pretty on it man but that doesn't make a lot of sense. Cody is a clear #2, basically tied with #1 right now. ANd he is the coaches son. No way Hawk doesn't put in the senior QB if TH goes down.

:wtf: usually you are pretty on it man but that doesn't make a lot of sense. Cody is a clear #2, basically tied with #1 right now. ANd he is the coaches son. No way Hawk doesn't put in the senior QB if TH goes down.

I think Hawk knows the consequences of putting Cody at the helm again. I think all the QB race talk is just that. Talk. No way Cody is going to be the starter at CU again. I think he knows he's done.

Imo we should start Hansen. If Tyler falters, we should give Hirschman a chance. If Hirschman does become the QB, I think Dan will be done in Boulder. It's an awful lot to ask a freshman to clean up this mess we have in Boulder.

Especially when you have absolutely no running game to keep the defense honest.

Back