What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Starting QB

Hirschman. For the love of god, NO Dorman. No Shrock either.

Why not? We saw what Hirschman was like last year on a better team, and he was horrible. He only threw a few passes last week, so it's not like we can suddenly say that he is good. I just don't see what we have to lose playing the other guys if the "top" QBs underperform (even though I'd love to see what Dillon can do, I don't want to get him killed or kill any confidence he might have by releasing him to the lions).

Playing "all of the above" is not going to work. Time to give Wood all of the snaps for several games.

BTW, I'm not saying Wood will show well either. He could be bad and we are left going down the line.

But the coaches have to try to give him confidence right now. Letting him sink or swim in three games is reasonable. Benching him after minimal playing time could kill any chance of him ever being a contributor.

Remember those couple of drives in the first half of the CSU game that actually had me excited for what may be ahead, we marched down and scored two td's consecutively. How did we do that? Well we called some simple WR screens and short pass plays designed to be completed for short gains, which they were. 4, 5 6 yard completions that kept us out of long yardage situations. It also opened up a few decent run plays and more importantly openened up longer pass plays that worked. I am no O coordinator but where did that play calling go?

It is win win! Plays like that, loosen up the defense, it gives our QB some confidence, it gets the ball out quick so our QB doesn't get killed with our lack of talent at O-line and it opens up the run game. It isn't rocket science, call some plays that will succeed early and give these guys some confidence and by all means give the defense some time to rest with a few sustained drives.

Playing xbox like that is for pusies. Deep outs or death ! Oh and **** punting

Why not? We saw what Hirschman was like last year on a better team, and he was horrible. He only threw a few passes last week, so it's not like we can suddenly say that he is good. I just don't see what we have to lose playing the other guys if the "top" QBs underperform (even though I'd love to see what Dillon can do, I don't want to get him killed or kill any confidence he might have by releasing him to the lions).

Just a hunch based on the few snippets I've seen from spring games etc. I think Hirschman throws the best ball out of any of our QBs. Webb tries to be too cute a ala Cody Hawkins. Wood needs to be more confident, consistent and tighten up his mechanics a bit.

Hirschman's first spring game he came in and launched an awesome bomb and then ran up the gut for 40 yds dragging half the D with him. Second spring game I was impressed with the way he was hitting crossing routes... Finally, and most importantly, I think the rest of the team may look at him as more of a natural leader.

Pseudo-nepotism/pipeline building is the only reason Dorman is on the roster. As of now, he is not a D1 athlete and I'm not sure he'll ever get there. Maybe it would have been worth it if his teammate panned out at S for us (damn our S are terrible) or we get somebody else good someday from his highschool... Shrock is probably more of a gamer than Dorman, but he's a beanpole too.

Dorman is a symptom of one of my main concerns with the coaching staff. I'm afraid their ego may get in the way of player evaluations. Specifically, they tend to discount some of the rare decent players picked out by the previous sh#t show. We should have kept Sherry over Dorman and Farrow over Goodson (Farrow ran for 70 yds on UCLA avg like 6 yds/carry). I'm also afraid Hirschman may be falling victim to this....

BTW, I'm not saying Wood will show well either. He could be bad and we are left going down the line.

But the coaches have to try to give him confidence right now. Letting him sink or swim in three games is reasonable. Benching him after minimal playing time could kill any chance of him ever being a contributor.

Completely agree. Not sure what the coaches are hoping for contuing to start Webb. He just isn't good. Maybe he'd be a decent game manager if we weren't the worst team in football, but we are. Time to let Wood have a real go at it. All reps with the 1s in practice and script him up some plays.

I really need to watch the second half of the Fresno game, but I'm not looking forward to it..

I thought Wood should start game two. Lets see what he can do, he might be bad. Then again, he might show why he was a pretty big recruit. Putting Hirschman in is a bad idea imho. I like his arm but we cant protect. Whoever plays is gonna have to use their feet.

It was cold, man.

I think Smith will be great in 6 years. OK, he's only 12 now, but he won a local Punt Pass & Kick competition. Well, that was last year. He'll probably do well again this year if he decides to give up soccer. And outgrow his 5'4 130lb father.

"When teams have two QBs, that means they don't have one.

When they have three, it means they don't have a coach."

Last edited:
Back