What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Starting Quarterback vs CSU

Who gets the nod on Sept. 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say Hawk surprises everyone and goes to Hansen. I don't know why, but I think Hawkins might try to get a little tricky. And that worries me. A lot.

If they are as even as everyone says then I say you go with experience. Let Cody run the O for the first 3 quarters, get up by 67 to 0 then hand the reigns to Hanson for practice.

I say hawk goes with hawk as hawk was the best qb last report. But who knows, since word out of camp has been very, very sparse.

As much as I would want Hansen to start, I am getting the feeling it will be Cody.

I just think it's great that Coach Hawk has played things this close to the vest. Who's the QB? Does the backup rotate in? Same offense for both guys? What is the offense and how does it differ from what Helfrich ran?

2 weeks until the game and the prep starts for it this week... but CSU knows next to nothing. :thumbsup:

Clark Evans. This has all been a HUGE smokescreen. Oh, and Simmons got in weeks ago and is practicing, but we don't know it because practices are closed.

Clark Evans. This has all been a HUGE smokescreen. Oh, and Simmons got in weeks ago and is practicing, but we don't know it because practices are closed.
Speaking seriously about Simmons....

Presumably Monday is the the moment of truth as it is the day classes start, right?

Speaking seriously about Simmons....

Presumably Monday is the the moment of truth as it is the day classes start, right?

Not necessarily. We should know something this week, though.

Pardon me, but I've heard this tune before.

But with classes starting Monday, Simmons has to be able to enroll within a short time of that or he won't be here this semester. The timing should force an announcement.

His LOI becomes null and void on the 24th if he is not in school. So I would say the 24th is pretty much the drop dead date.

Under some scenarios, yes.

But, for instance, if Simmons was taking a course online the past few weeks that the NCAA and/or CU was requiring of him... and that course grade wouldn't be posted for another few days... or if there was an NCAA appeal in the works we were awaiting a decision on for another few days... then as long as Simmons still wanted to be a Buff this could drag on past the 24th.

The 24th, I believe, is only a hard date if Simmons wanted out or if CU refused to allow him to enroll after the 1st day of the semester (I believe there's a week or so of grace to get into courses).

His LOI becomes null and void on the 24th if he is not in school. So I would say the 24th is pretty much the drop dead date.

Do we know if he's not in school, or simply not eligible to play (NCAA)? I've seen several posts saying he has been admitted to CU, but accurate information is so hard to come by that I'm not sure what to believe...

I hope it's Cody... he has proven he can beat the Rams. If it's Hansen I think we'll see some growing pains that I personally don't want to sort out during the RMS

The coaches believe Will Jefferson has made so much progress in learning the offense that they name him the starting QB. Soon after, Jefferson leaves the program "to be closer to home" and ends up at UCLA next fall.

I hope whoever they go with has a great game. If we get into the QB rotation every other series because neither guy is getting it done, it is going to be a long season. I think that if they are even in practice right now, they go with Cody.

I hope whoever they go with has a great game. If we get into the QB rotation every other series because neither guy is getting it done, it is going to be a long season. I think that if they are even in practice right now, they go with Cody.
weird. Most people (including me, but I have large doubts that Hansen is even) think that if they are even, you go with Hansen.

weird. Most people (including me, but I have large doubts that Hansen is even) think that if they are even, you go with Hansen.

If that's the case, start cody vs csu. He has the experience and is 2-0 vs csu. Hansen should get plenty of reps the first 3 games and after the csu game can start.

The poll is who will start, not who we think should start. I think Cody will get the nod, but I'd prefer Hansen.

jesus... this is one of the biggest turnouts for any poll that I've seen on AB

I don't think you start Cody against CSU if you're planning to go with Hansen the rest of the way - doesn' instill much confidence in either guy, and sure doesn't give the team much confidence.

I don't think you start Cody against CSU if you're planning to go with Hansen the rest of the way - doesn' instill much confidence in either guy, and sure doesn't give the team much confidence.

True, is hansen a better passer now? If he starts and you lose, then what?

Flash back to 2006. We had three QB's in the mix for the job. Cox, B-Jax, and White. Just about everbody just KNEW that White would be the guy. He had the arm, he had game experience in the bowl game, he just had all the intangibles that we thought were needed. Turns out, from most reports, the kid thought he had the job sewn up months before, and wasn't putting in the effort the coaches wanted from him. So to the surprise of just about EVERYBODY, Hawk starts Cox against Montana State. Well, well all know how that turned out. White quit the team, and Cox did his best impression of Simple Jack and couldn't move the team to save his life.

We're in a similar situation now. We have two guys who are supposedly neck and neck for the starting job. Nobody knows for sure who's going to get the job, but we're all pretty certain it will be Cody.

I would prefer to have a starter named this week so that he can get the majority of reps with the 1st team in game preparations.

I think it will be Hansen if the rumors about how good he has looked are true.

I think it will be Hansen if the rumors about how good he has looked are true.
He needs to have taken his momentum from the scrimmage and really built on it. He looked very bad at times, and a clear step below cody. Been a few weeks tho.

Cody with plenty of reps for Hansen. This offense won't have a true identity until conference play begins

Back