What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Starting WR's next year

RK

UBL
We've got P-Rich as the only Automatic
Then we have Mcculloch who has had decent time this year but not too many catches
Canty has shown flashes
Vincent who has decent speed but hasn't seen much of the field
Nelson Spruce who will be coming off a redshirt I believe

Heres where it gets interesting... The incoming recruits

Jeffrey Gerald and Payton are all tearing it up for their respective teams in their senior seasons.

So who will be catching passes from (IMO) Connor Wood next year?

The way I see it after P Rich, JT will be our big target, like T clem is this year.

Then Spruce will be in a slot receiver role and get a ton of catches (Apparently he is getting a real connection going with Wood in practice)

Then I see Gerald being our Jeremy bloom type player. On top of getting special teams action he will Get an occasional deep ball called for him and some reverses and other gimmick plays called for him.

After that I think P-Will could reshirt and the rest of the guys will be in some sort of rotation battling for playing time.

Going to be interesting. Be interesting to see us develop a system where we send in WR's in waves with a lot of deeper routes. Run the legs off the DBs, force the safeties deep, and then kill them with McNamara and Cope-Fitzpatrick in the middle. Yes, I know I am getting ahead of myself here but I can dream can't I.

with our trio of WR coming in next year I dont know how TE's aren't absolutely giddy about this type of offense. Sending 3 deep and the TE on a middle crossing pattern should be wide open.

Going to be interesting. Be interesting to see us develop a system where we send in WR's in waves with a lot of deeper routes. Run the legs off the DBs, force the safeties deep, and then kill them with IrwinMcNamara and Cope-Fitzpatrick in the middle. Yes, I know I am getting ahead of myself here but I can dream can't I.

Fify

Unless we get McNamara/JCF & Irwin, which is doubtful, i see McCullough morphing into a TE.

I see P-Rich, Canty, Spruce, JT, GT, Williams, and Vincent rolling in as our WR options. It's not a knock on Tyler, we just have more PT available and I think he's a guy that will do whatever it takes to see the field. I think he'll never truly be able to separate and speed is some of our primary problems on offense right now since P-Rich went down. Take that negative and turn it into a positive at TE. He'd cause matchup issues vs. LB's.

Unless we get McNamara/JCF & Irwin, which is doubtful, i see McCullough morphing into a TE.

I see P-Rich, Canty, Spruce, JT, GT, Williams, and Vincent rolling in as our WR options. It's not a knock on Tyler, we just have more PT available and I think he's a guy that will do whatever it takes to see the field. I think he'll never truly be able to separate and speed is some of our primary problems on offense right now since P-Rich went down. Take that negative and turn it into a positive at TE. He'd cause matchup issues vs. LB's.

Possible but he is very skinny, not sure he can bulk up that much. More likely he becomes like his hero, McCaffrey. A big WR who can use his body against the DBs but has deceptive speed and trusty hands. Run him on a lot of slants, digs, and square ins. Could be the inside guy in a 3 WR set and give a blocking presence as well.

Maybe. Who knows. Just looks like a lot of highly skilled kids at the position. Not sure how many reps he'll be getting per game. At 6'5", he's about 30 lbs from being considered at TE type weight. If nothing else, he can play H-Back or run seems and create matchup problems.

We've got P-Rich as the only Automatic
Then we have Mcculloch who has had decent time this year but not too many catches
Canty has shown flashes
Vincent who has decent speed but hasn't seen much of the field
Nelson Spruce who will be coming off a redshirt I believe

Heres where it gets interesting... The incoming recruits

Jeffrey Gerald and Payton are all tearing it up for their respective teams in their senior seasons.

So who will be catching passes from (IMO) Connor Wood next year?

The way I see it after P Rich, JT will be our big target, like T clem is this year.

Then Spruce will be in a slot receiver role and get a ton of catches (Apparently he is getting a real connection going with Wood in practice)

Then I see Gerald being our Jeremy bloom type player. On top of getting special teams action he will Get an occasional deep ball called for him and some reverses and other gimmick plays called for him.

After that I think P-Will could reshirt and the rest of the guys will be in some sort of rotation battling for playing time.

I can't believe no one has run with this yet...

Seriously though, I think our passing game will be A LOT better next year. Between the WR recruits we have coming in and some solid options at QB, we'll see a big difference.

Just hope the verbals stick.....these guys are tearing it up, and you have to believe that the vultures are circling.

Just hope the verbals stick.....these guys are tearing it up, and you have to believe that the vultures are circling.
Relax, we'll lose some we'll keep most. JE & Co. flipped guys in 20 minutes last year. Now they've got a years worth of relationships, and the promise of early playing time. The right kind of player will embrace that challenge.

We have to start winning battels on the OL to have any kind of offense, whether that's our "identity" or passing.

Gerald is a true slot receiver he has great hands and would match up great against LBs and Safetys but everyone fails to take notice he is not just a special team threat what only big tall receivers are concidered good receiver some of your best receiver to play the game are shorter receiver

Gerald is a true slot receiver he has great hands and would match up great against LBs and Safetys but everyone fails to take notice he is not just a special team threat what only big tall receivers are concidered good receiver some of your best receiver to play the game are shorter receiver

Thanks for that info. I wasn't trying to discount Gerald at all just trying to make a projection based off of stats I have seen without seeing any tape. His speed in the slot would definitely cause matchup problems for the defense.

that.

McCullough will never be a TE. That is not something staff is considering.

Kasa and Slavins are going to have to be the guys, maybe a true frosh.

didnt think you were discounting Gerald it just seem that every college recruiting site i read always have shorter receiver as special team or special play package player before the kids get on campus

Actually makes a lot of sense. It seems like the smaller guys have more luck getting lost in among the LBs and safeties from the slot. Those guys also have a hard time dealing with the quickness of a smaller guy.

Regardless of who lines up where I just have a gut feeling that this group of WR commits we have coming in is going to be something special both individually and as a group. Can't wait.

i totally agree with you and Gerald can't wait to get there plus we have been to Jeffs and Peytons games this year and they are very good players too this group should be a very good add to the CU offence next year......... BUFF NATION!

" watched my bro Jeffrey Thomas Jr yesterday and he had a good ass game. trynna go watch my other future teammate Peyton Reed Williams do his thing tonight! good luck bro! # FutureeBuffs " -gerald thomas

so stoked to get these kids in here.

I can't remember a case in our history where three commits from different schools made an effort to get together because of their shared future at the same University. Seriously, how cool is that?

Future Buffs Indeed!

just a thought...anyone think since he graduated in june taylor embree might do the logan gray thing?

i totally agree with you and Gerald can't wait to get there plus we have been to Jeffs and Peytons games this year and they are very good players too this group should be a very good add to the CU offence next year......... BUFF NATION!

Yeah the boys are gonna ROCK CU! I gave Gerald a hug after the game. It was so nice to see him. Was glad he and Jeff got to see Peyton on Saturday. Most underrated group........but that is a good thing cause the Pac 12 won't know what hit it. I really feel that way about all of the 2012 recruits. Collective talent coming together will surprise alot of people. I decided to stop ranting about some of the worried fans with this 2012 class and am keeping a copy of the comments. Cause when these kids play, i'm gonna repost for simple satisfaction. No hype, just claiming it right now!

alrighty nvm then... just out of curiosity tho why not?

Because he has played 4 years of college football.

The rule is that if you have a year of playing eligibility left on your 5 year clock (1 RS, 4 playing), have completed your degree, and want to go to graduate school in a major not offered where you currently play... then you can enter graduate school at another school and play for them during your last year of athletic eligibility.

Thanks for that info. I wasn't trying to discount Gerald at all just trying to make a projection based off of stats I have seen without seeing any tape. His speed in the slot would definitely cause matchup problems for the defense.

And it takes pressure off of the running backs. Gerald is a hybrid........receiver hands but running back feet.

And it takes pressure off of the running backs. Gerald is a hybrid........receiver hands but running back feet.

There's a reverse handoff play to our slot receiver off of motion that I can't wait to see Gerald on. Part of the base offense, so we could see it a bit.

Back