What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

State of the athletic department -2017 edition

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
7 of 14 varsity sports finished their seasons ranked. Both hoops teams went to their respective NIT tournaments. We had legit chances at national championships in men's and women's cross country, skiing and women's lacrosse (remains to be determined).
First bowl game in 10 years and a division title to boot.
Even sports like women's tennis, Men's Golf and women's volleyball all showed improvement over last year.
The finances of the department appear to be strong and the trend is positive.
Leadership is better than it's ever been and everybody seems to be rowing in the same direction- with the exception of the Regents, who appear to be on the verge of ****ting all over the progress that has been made.
Things I'd like to see improved- Spring Game . Make it a damn game and make a real effort to get people excited.
Student involvement. I'm a broken record on this, but today's students are tomorrow's season ticket holders. Get these kids invested.
Overall grade - A.
Just because there's room for improvement doesn't mean they did a poor job.

Truly a great year for the CU Athletic Department.

Everything trending up.

I'm in agreement that it was a great year. But men's basketball is not trending up nor are the crowds at the foam dome.
Depends on how you're looking at it. I'm looking at the best recruiting class ever and a major facility enhancement with the center court scoreboard cube. Attendance is certainly an issue since it is going in the wrong direction.

I think the men's hoops team just had a bad year. That was reflected in the attendance. Losing to CSU at home put a wet blanket on the rest of the season in the eyes of casual fans.
I trust Tad to right the ship and I fully expect them to be a 22+ win team next year. That will get people back in the seats. The student section remains a challenge, though. Part of the fun of those games is seeing the students going nuts. Need to get that back.

With the success of the women's Lacrosse team, I worry that our coach will be poached. With success comes challenges. Better keep Elliot here. She might be the best coach in the department.

I think the men's hoops team just had a bad year. That was reflected in the attendance. Losing to CSU at home put a wet blanket on the rest of the season in the eyes of casual fans.
I trust Tad to right the ship and I fully expect them to be a 22+ win team next year. That will get people back in the seats. The student section remains a challenge, though. Part of the fun of those games is seeing the students going nuts. Need to get that back.

With the success of the women's Lacrosse team, I worry that our coach will be poached. With success comes challenges. Better keep Elliot here. She might be the best coach in the department.
Possibly just growing pains with the student section as things were reorganized to combine it into a single organization instead of having the student fan groups for different sports all as separate entities? That was part of the issue, I think, and we probably see a more organized student fan outreach program by the AD coming out the other end of that.

Back