What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

State of the CU athletics

Is this the worst CU athletics has ever been?

• Yes

Votes: 58 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • I don't know

Votes: 20 19.0%

• Total voters
I've been following CU football since '83 or so. MBB and WBB on and off during that time. It's bad now. Not sure it's worse than it was when I started going to games, but it's close.

Which is worse? Hemorrhoids, or Giardiasis? How about hemmorhoids with giardiasis. Check with me at the end of next year, if we've managed to string 5 consecutive losing seasons together.

My comment was meant to be tongue in cheek, Wetmore is the best. I was just pointing out that after about a hundred championships in a row, it is a coincidence that Okie lite knocked CU from it's perch last year.

And to answer your question, no I don't follow XC even a little bit.

understood

I would say we are a handful of plays away from it being as bad as it ever was....

You guys are clueless. Really. You weren't around, like me, when we went 1-8 in 1890 and 1891. Only one win in two years! It was brutal. And, hell, we didn't even have basketball! It made '94 that much sweeter when we went 8-1. That god damned Denver Athetic Club had a bunch of ringers that year. Bastards. They were our only loss in '95 as well. But we got our revenge in '96, whupping 'em 8-6 in the snow. We went undefeated in '96! See, it'll turn around!

Last edited:
You guys are clueless. Really. You weren't around, like me, when we went 1-8 in 1890 and 1891. Only one win in two years! It was brutal. And, hell, we didn't even have basketball! It made '94 that much sweeter when we went 8-1. That god damned Denver Athetic Club had a bunch of ringers that year. Bastards. They were our only loss in '96 as well. But we got our revenge in '97, whupping 'em 8-6 in the snow. We went undefeated in '97! See, it'll turn around!

:lol: :rofl2:

You guys are clueless. Really. You weren't around, like me, when we went 1-8 in 1890 and 1891. Only one win in two years! It was brutal. And, hell, we didn't even have basketball! It made '94 that much sweeter when we went 8-1. That god damned Denver Athetic Club had a bunch of ringers that year. Bastards. They were our only loss in '96 as well. But we got our revenge in '97, whupping 'em 8-6 in the snow. We went undefeated in '97! See, it'll turn around!

gotta admit it. that is pretty good. :congrats: :lol:

I voted no because of how low the football program was in the early 80's. And yes the program is pretty low now but this program only won 11 games in the 5-year span from 1980-84.

Well, after 4 years we have what - 16 wins? So not quite as bad but trending downward.

As for blowout by OU mentioned by another poster, wasn't that to an OU team that was sniffing a national championship? We have beauties like 58-0 to a Mizzou team that was a wannabe, or the Montana State and almost loss to EWU. I would put those last two up their in the rankings pretty close the the Drake debacles.

The late 70's - early 80's were very painful indeed, but we are probably only about 10 plays away from having similar records. Definitely feeling about as hopeless as I did back then.

I do argue that we have very good talent on the team now which is better than we had back then, but unless that talent starts being coached it won't do us much good. I also point out that the best season turned in by Hawk was with a large number of kids who were part of the previously "burned to the ground" program.

Last edited:
Come on now. I know you guys get sick of me. But it WAS worse in the 79 to 83/84 years. But I can see that you younger whipper snappers haven't seen it as bad as it is right now.

Back then, there wasn't $100M budgets within the conference.

Back