What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Statement game by the defense

Pretty obvious that Gilbert is gaining confidence as a pass rusher with every snap. It was all mental with him, and it appears the light has finally come on. Great to see

Gilliam had been flying around for a couple weeks now, seems like he was one step ahead of ASU this game though. Also thought Falo played well to help the d line. Once again when we have three guys like carrell, Samson and tupou, it makes the job for KO, Gilliam and falo a lot easier.

When you are annoyed that the other team gets a first down, but you lean back and think "that's okay, they won't get another", you know your defense is playing lights out. Take away the 2 ST's miscues, and, has been stated, we held them to 2 FGs. That is complete dominance.

Wilkens had none of the mobility that he had going into the USC game. USC is the most dominant team on both lines in the South. ASU has been living a lie as Texas Tech and Cal are two of the worse defensive teams in D1 football. Add in those wins at UTSA and against NAU. And UCLA is just not that good.

Wilkens is not a good pocket passer like Rosen or Browning. But with his elusiveness that he had early in the season, he presents some problems for defenses. His injury has made him a sitting duck. Their RBs are really good, but not so good at making their own holes. We took away that part of their game and forced them to beat us with Wilken's arm. Not going to happen. 1.8 yard rushing (net after sacks).

With that said, their run defense is supposed to be pretty stout and their passing defense not so much. Some of that comes from playing Cal and TTU early. But CU ran it down their throat. 315 yards rushing.

Wilkens is a pretty good pocket passer from what I saw last night (obviously not as good at Rosen or Browning, who will be drafted in early rounds.) It's just that CU's DBs are so good in coverage that you need a few dynamic receivers for your passing game to work against us. USC had those receivers, ASU didn't.

I Googled "skeptical spider monkey" images. This is the first result.
View attachment 21070
Funny, I used bing and found this image...
DJEMJUKHZCWWTYG.20150810042516.jpg

On the radio it sounded like we were using a bunch of different blitz looks. Was that the case? Oh and Gilliam was mentioned quite a bit, he balled out.

Gilliam is finally healthy again and playing like it. He was lights out. Those hits felt "so good" on Wilkins

As said above by many, Gillam being healthy makes such a huge difference. Playmakers at every level.

Congrats to the Buffs. My hesitancy is erased. Didn't get to see the game because of travel to the hinterlands, but followed it on CBS Sports. Kudos to the entire team.

All depends on how many other jobs open up. Right now I think we are good. Have to re-evaluate in December
Good point. The dude is a miracle worker...from #114 in total D to #15 in 1.5 years. I hope we make him the highest paid assistant in the PAC12...if that will keep him here.

JMFL!!!!!!!!!!!
On the play where Gillam got his sack in the first quarter, Leavitt frantically tracked him down, tapped him on the shoulder and had him run in right before the play. He knows exactly which buttons to push.

The defense felt they played flat and didn't bring their usual emotional intensity against USC. (OL felt the same way.) They responded and then some last night.

The defense felt they played flat and didn't bring their usual emotional intensity against USC. (OL felt the same way.) They responded and then some last night.
Sometimes, it's just not there. A lot of reasons why but I can't speak for them.

Back