What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stats comparison: Colorado v Illinois

Original Joe

Illini fan here - just thought I'd share some stats to add to your viewing pleasure on the matchup:

<a> http://www.marchpool.com/statistics/ncaastatscompare/32?teamtwo=69&year=2013 <a/>

Illinois seems to have a slight edge offensively, Colorado has the Defensive edge. I think it will come down to the zebra's - how much contact they allow, who they whistle, when they whistle...

Really more like an 8/9 matchup ... Networks and committee weren't going to pair us with Indiana again. Vegas has Illinois a 1 to 1.5 point edge, but odds are shifting as I speak

Also - feel free to play on the Illini Brackets board game ... a college stats project gone insane. We need Colorado representation - bad!
<a> http://www.marchpool.com/statistics/gamestats/62/2369?target=&YEAR=2013 <a/>

Interesting stuff.

Honestly, I think this one is so close that it comes down to who makes shots.

Illinois lives by the 3, not only for offense but for momentum that carries over to defensive intensity.

Colorado doesn't take a lot of 3s, but with Illinois playing a pack line and going underneath screens, CU will have to hit jumpers to score (and to avoid long rebounds-to-fast breaks for the Illini).

I put more of the premium on how Illinois is shooting, though. CU is more likely to get extra possessions through offensive rebounds.

Interesting stuff.

Honestly, I think this one is so close that it comes down to who makes shots.

Illinois lives by the 3, not only for offense but for momentum that carries over to defensive intensity.

Colorado doesn't take a lot of 3s, but with Illinois playing a pack line and going underneath screens, CU will have to hit jumpers to score (and to avoid long rebounds-to-fast breaks for the Illini).

I put more of the premium on how Illinois is shooting, though. CU is more likely to get extra possessions through offensive rebounds.
This continues to feel like the game where Scott gets his mojo back. We need him to. He's the ORB master.

I also expect a few put backs by the Dre/XJ combo.

Having watched Virginia - the master of the pack line- extensively, there should be ample opportunity for offensive rebounds.

Having watched Virginia - the master of the pack line- extensively, there should be ample opportunity for offensive rebounds.

The biggest thing I hate about pack line rules is the collapsing help from the wing off any penetration. It's rarely able to offer real help and if the ball handler recognizes it there is a wide open 3 at a great angle off the kick out.

It's a very successful defense, but I'm glad we don't run it.

1.) Rebound (I think CU should be able to take advantage in this category)
2.) Tenacious perimeter D

I think these should be the focus for the Buffs. Seems like Illinois lives or dies by the three. I also think 1-5, we match up well athletically. For as cocky as the fans sound, the team seems to really be giving the Buffs a ton of respect.

Back