What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stay classy Oregon State

Some of you might want to just check back in in two weeks if a 44-17 scoreline is horrifying to you. Oregon will play nice and take their foot off the gas and rest up for their looming game at Washington, but there's no way around it, we'll be taking a 59-14 type defeat

Yeah as long as the other team isn't taking cheap shots/late hits I'm not going to bitch about what plays they run. I don't see anyone forcing us not to make a tackle or make a stop on defense. Make a play. Score some points. Then you don't have to worry about what the other team is doing.

Meh, we were horrible yesterday across the board and got what we deserved. Will not blame OSU for the score or how it turned out.

Lol no it's not. Drinking and driving = red light texting? C'mon son.

It means you are still focused on your phone to some extent while driving. Put the ****ing phone down for the time it takes you to get from point a to point b. you'll live to text another day.

Wow...overreact much? It's not like OSU has been burning down the house with narrow wins over Utah and SDSU lately. They've got a tough stretch coming, so I certainly don't blame them for trying to get going on all cylinders...

Exactly. I think they were just trying to build momentum for what they have coming ahead, just as we had starters in trying to score and leave with our kids having something positive late to build on. Plus they are fighting to get back into the top 25, and we all know (especially for teams on the Least coast) that you have to put up lots of points to get any consideration from the media voters. I have no beef with them at all.

It means you are still focused on your phone to some extent while driving. Put the ****ing phone down for the time it takes you to get from point a to point b. you'll live to text another day.

When driving, yes. When I'm at a light? No.

I think the point is...you wouldn't be texting at a red light if you were not reading while driving. I have been guilty of that and am trying to change. call comes in form wife while I am driving? I pull over, stop, then call her back. I need my family, my wife and daughters need me. Unfortunately, I can do everything right, but some other ass hole can blow through a red light and kill me or my wife or T-bone us and kill my daughters because they are not paying attention, be it texting, reading a message board, or talking on a phone.

Yes and no.

Both show a blatant disregard for the strangers in your vicinity with whom you share the road.

But, no, alcohol has an entirely different chemical biological reaction.

But electronic devices are addicting. Mobile users balance psychological discomfort of beinf disconnected with the serotonin rush of trolling and getting a bite from a fellow human on the other side of a network.

Didn't realize how scummy this squad is. Running up the score? Running play action bombs on first down when the game is clearly over? Going for it on fourth? Congrats OSU, you just made my top 3 most hated teams in college football. Karma is a bitch and we will not forget this game. **** the beavers. I no doubt think we are still on the way up and will surpass this classless team in the near future. Enjoy it now. Go **** yourself **** state.

Agree 100%. I said the same thing, karma will get them

I think the point is...you wouldn't be texting at a red light if you were not reading while driving. I have been guilty of that and am trying to change. call comes in form wife while I am driving? I pull over, stop, then call her back. I need my family, my wife and daughters need me. Unfortunately, I can do everything right, but some other ass hole can blow through a red light and kill me or my wife or T-bone us and kill my daughters because they are not paying attention, be it texting, reading a message board, or talking on a phone.
I'm not going to pretend I'm never guilt of this, because everyone is at some point. However, I rarely have my phone anywhere other than my cup holder when I am actually driving. My phone goes through bluetooth in my car so it's about as hands-free as you can get. I don't like texting and driving and people who do, but I don't consider posting or texting when stopped at a red light as being a dangerous action.

When both lanes on I25 are going ten miles under I feel I have moral obligation to use my phone.

I don't like texting and driving and people who do, but I don't consider posting or texting when stopped at a red light as being a dangerous action.

Bike riders, pedestrians, and emergency vehicles prefer that the person behind the wheel of a running vehicle are not distracted.

The driver of the car behind you is about to lay on the horn and say "green means go".

No matter how you slice it, red light texting is a douchebag maneuver.

Wanna text and drive? Get in a taxi.

Bike riders, pedestrians, and emergency vehicles prefer that the person behind the wheel of a running vehicle are not distracted.

The driver of the car behind you is about to lay on the horn and say "green means go".

So according to this post the only way someone can be distracted while at a light is to be in your phone? Not reaching back to grab something, kids nagging at you from the back seats, checking your makeup in the mirror, combing your hair in the mirror, etc.?

And judging by the tone of your post I assume it is safe to assume that you are never guilty of this.

Last edited:
So according to this post the only way someone can be distracted while at a light is to be in your phone? Not reaching back to grab something, kids nagging at you from the back seats, checking your makeup in the mirror, combing your hair in the mirror, etc.?

And judging by the tone of your post I assume it is safe to assume that you are never guilty of this.

I deliberately use "distracted driver". This also includes eating a hamburger, applying makeup, yapping on the phone, looking at a map, getting a BJ, or any other distraction.

Hell yes I'm guilty. But I've gotten religion and aspire to do better. I'm also grateful that no one has been permanently injured or killed because of my negligence. 100% of accidents caused by distracted drivers could have been avoided.

Didn't realize how scummy this squad is. Running up the score? Running play action bombs on first down when the game is clearly over? Going for it on fourth? Congrats OSU, you just made my top 3 most hated teams in college football. Karma is a bitch and we will not forget this game. **** the beavers. I no doubt think we are still on the way up and will surpass this classless team in the near future. Enjoy it now. Go **** yourself **** state.
The mommy boy mentality has got to go, if Oregon State drops 100 points on us, we deserve it. Nobody is going to feel sorry for us, and if they do and you care about that, we really have a problem. Let's hope the team doesn't. Man up!

Like everyone else who drives, it's just too easy to recognize who is distracted while texting behind the wheel. Just too many near misses or worse. Should be Frkn banned. Pull over if it can't wait!

Like everyone else who drives, it's just too easy to recognize who is distracted while texting behind the wheel. Just too many near misses or worse. Should be Frkn banned. Pull over if it can't wait!

I've seen people texting with both hands while driving - pretty stupid. One guy did look a bit guilty as I passed him and he saw me shaking my head at him, but I doubt he stopped. But I've seen a lot more people distracted while on their phone and either driving very slowly or something else stupid. But reading email or texting while stopped at a red light? I've got no problem with that. The worst that happens is a little inconvenience, which others accomplish aplenty while messing with crap in their passenger seat, talking to kids or other passengers or on the phone, etc.

If this was Oregon I would understand why people would be super pissed. Losing has made us pussies.

Why would people be pissed if it was Oregon? The result of that game is already pre-ordained. Losing to the barkrats is far more onerous.

Why would people be pissed if it was Oregon? The result of that game is already pre-ordained. Losing to the barkrats is far more onerous.

Arrogance is seldom appreciated, and often dangerous. Act like you have been there. We have. See you next week. EOM

Because there is no need to make a statement against CU. It's not like we've been good for the past 8 years or there exists a rivarly already. Unlike OSU, we aren't battling for recruits (sigh) or conference supremacy. We are going to get curb stomped, but I doubt Mariota will be in during the 4th. If we lose by 70, that's up to us. But there is no reason to risk any injury past the 2nd quarter for the Ducks to just rub it in. This is going to be worse than against UT.

If the game ends up 59-14 that'll be better than expected.

Because there is no need to make a statement against CU. It's not like we've been good for the past 8 years or there exists a rivarly already. Unlike OSU, we aren't battling for recruits (sigh) or conference supremacy. We are going to get curb stomped, but I doubt Mariota will be in during the 4th. If we lose by 70, that's up to us. But there is no reason to risk any injury past the 2nd quarter for the Ducks to just rub it in. This is going to be worse than against UT.

If the game ends up 59-14 that'll be better than expected.

All of Oregon's games but one were under 60 and I don't think this one will be any different. Oregon tries to put the game away in the first half. It would be dumb to leave Mariota, Addison, Thomas (if he's recovered by then) and the other marquee players in beyond that. Plus it gives the backup QBs and other players some much needed practice time.

All of Oregon's games but one were under 60 and I don't think this one will be any different. Oregon tries to put the game away in the first half. It would be dumb to leave Mariota, Addison, Thomas (if he's recovered by then) and the other marquee players in beyond that. Plus it gives the backup QBs and other players some much needed practice time.

Sigh. We are a scout team. Too bad our actual scout team isn't deep like most of our conference foes.

O/U on how many points the 2s and 3s put on us. I'm saying 21.

Riley was trying to get Mannion the school record for TD's in a game, which he did. That's why they were going for it on 4th down and why he didn't put their backup QB in earlier.

Back