What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stephanou

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
I know he came here with the specific intent of getting a shot at the NFL and it was assumed that he would leave after last year until he got hurt then after this season.

Wondering if he might as well stick around and get his education for another year. The positive for him is that this season he has shown he can handle KO duties which was a question. The negative is that he is still not a long range kicker and this season he has had far to many bad kicks from closer for the pros to get excited about him. If he goes now I don't think he makes the league.

Come back, finish the education, and if he gets squared around next year he might draw some pro interest that he won't get this season.

I love Stefanou and hope he sticks around, partially because I just don’t think the NFL is going to be interested in a 33 year old rookie kicker with range issues.

I know he came here with the specific intent of getting a shot at the NFL and it was assumed that he would leave after last year until he got hurt then after this season.

Wondering if he might as well stick around and get his education for another year. The positive for him is that this season he has shown he can handle KO duties which was a question. The negative is that he is still not a long range kicker and this season he has had far to many bad kicks from closer for the pros to get excited about him. If he goes now I don't think he makes the league.

Come back, finish the education, and if he gets squared around next year he might draw some pro interest that he won't get this season.
You misspelled Goodman.

He hit the first FG fine, he just pulled it left. The second one was uncharacteristic. I don't think I've seen him hit one like that. Makes me wonder if he's hurt a bit.
giphy.gif

How does CU not get the best high school kicker(and punter too) in the nation just by virtue of being at altitude for half your games and making you look better for the pros? Seems like ever since Crosby we've struggled to find a somewhat reliable kicker. Kinney has been great though and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on an NFL roster

How does CU not get the best high school kicker(and punter too) in the nation just by virtue of being at altitude for half your games and making you look better for the pros? Seems like ever since Crosby we've struggled to find a somewhat reliable kicker. Kinney has been great though and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on an NFL roster
Hear ya, but just because somebody is a kicker or punter, it doesn't mean they don't want to win along the way. Could be wrong, but it could be that simple. We all know how much winning CU has done the past decade and a half.

Johnson mentioned something about it, post game I think. Something like Stephanou could kick, only in an emergency situation, though. He wasn't needed.😃

Hear ya, but just because somebody is a kicker or punter, it doesn't mean they don't want to win along the way. Could be wrong, but it could be that simple. We all know how much winning CU has done the past decade and a half.

JK Scott was sitting behind me for a bit at the 2013 USC game and said in a nutshell that was why he was going to Alabama. Forget all the Ray Guy winners and finalists at CU he could have potentially joined, winning was above all for him.

Back