What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Steven Montez returning?

It's a good provision for stability through a coaching change. I've generally like Montez- but never more than 2016 in Eugene...

Just gotta bring back the whole offensive staff for continuity purposes. Make sure Montez is extremely comfortable.
Yea, he was quite hopeful that they would put him in a position to win by the time the Cal game rolled around.

senior qb is almost always a better thing than the alternative (and has to be attractive to prospective coaching candidates....you got a guy until you get the lie of the land, feet wet, etc.). 2016 Sefo reference here somewhere....too.

giphy.gif

Whiners. I guarantee you Hawk beats Montana State if Barney hadn't burned Klatt's redshirt against Baylor.

lol , i love that he had to talk to his family about coming back. Like, did you just see your last game? who's going to draft that mess?

Whiners. I guarantee you Hawk beats Montana State if Barney hadn't burned Klatt's redshirt against Baylor.

good one.....my alternative time line is Colt Brennan keeps it in his pants whilst in Boulder and doesn't lead the nation in passing TD....at Hawaii. most points in a season, most TD's in NCAA etc....23-3 as a JR and SR starter.

I hope he proves me wrong, but it has nothing to do with talent that is holding Montez back.
I think we'll be amazed at how much better he gets if the OL protection gets better along with the route designs & play calling improving. We know the holes in his game, but those aren't the types of holes that usually hurt a college QB & offense like we've been seeing. Hell, Tee Martin and Tim Tebow were some of the most efficient college passers in the nation and Montez doesn't have the limitations they did. There are a ton of less talented examples, too.

I think we'll be amazed at how much better he gets if the OL protection gets better along with the route designs & play calling improving. We know the holes in his game, but those aren't the types of holes that usually hurt a college QB & offense like we've been seeing. Hell, Tee Martin and Tim Tebow were some of the most efficient college passers in the nation and Montez doesn't have the limitations they did. There are a ton of less talented examples, too.

But what about leadership?

good one.....my alternative time line is Colt Brennan keeps it in his pants whilst in Boulder and doesn't lead the nation in passing TD....at Hawaii. most points in a season, most TD's in NCAA etc....23-3 as a JR and SR starter.
I like to think of the possibility that Seau almost committed to Mac....Chad Brown, Alfred Williams, Ted Johnson, Kanavis McGhee, and Seau would have been insane!

Montez was the first guy out on the field helping up teammates and checking on guys when they were hurt. First guy congratulating his teammates when they made a play. There was nothing wrong with his leadership this year.
That depends on how you define leadership, no? Those things you mention are easy to do. When the **** hits the fan, what happened?

Where was he going to go?

If we set aside our Black/Gold glasses for a minute there's a viable argument that SM might be well served by "senior grad transferring" to any P5, G5, or FCS program with a QB need and an above average OL. Joe Flacco would not be in the NFL if he hadn't transferred from Penn State to Delaware. I'm not sure that CU's OL is going to be vastly better next year, and there are questions at RB. I'm happy he's coming back but there's as much risk for him
in doing so than in Grad Transferring.

If we set aside our Black/Gold glasses for a minute there's a viable argument that SM might be well served by "senior grad transferring" to any P5, G5, or FCS program with a QB need and an above average OL. Joe Flacco would not be in the NFL if he hadn't transferred from Penn State to Delaware. I'm not sure that CU's OL is going to be vastly better next year, and there are questions at RB. I'm happy he's coming back but there's as much risk for him
in doing so than in Grad Transferring.
Truth, this.

Back