What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Steven Montez returning?

No, I’m more saying Elway has bad choices for QB’s. You made my point though, Paxton Lynch. Lol
Maybe you aren't understanding what I am saying....I am not saying Montez is going to be a great NFL QB, I am not saying I would draft him if I were an NFL GM, what I am saying is: he should consider leaving because he will get drafted higher than he should for a multitude of reasons...weak QB class, live arm, athleticism, and size. (skiracingbuffalo gets it)

Maybe you aren't understanding what I am saying....I am not saying Montez is going to be a great NFL QB, I am not saying I would draft him if I were an NFL GM, what I am saying is: he should consider leaving because he will get drafted higher than he should for a multitude of reasons...weak QB class, live arm, athleticism, and size. (skiracingbuffalo gets it)

I was thinking this after my last comment, I get your point. I don’t disagree with you.

Next year's NFL QB class should be better and Montez would be wise to take advantage of a weak QB class in this year's draft. I know this might suck for CU but Montez has the opportunity to be set for life so he should seriously consider it.

He is not ready yet. He is going to get better this year. Still needs to make better reads, and quicker decisions. That comes with playing time.

He is not ready yet. He is going to get better this year. Still needs to make better reads, and quicker decisions. That comes with playing time.
Professional teams and their coaches believe they can develop young talent better than colleges can. They only really tell a guy to return to school if they're not sure he's good enough to spend the resources on developing.

Professional teams and their coaches believe they can develop young talent better than colleges can. They only really tell a guy to return to school if they're not sure he's good enough to spend the resources on developing.
Like the Broncos claiming they could "microwave" Lynch to make him NFL ready..:rolleyes:

Based on what? Montez got killed all last season, we don't have a proven RB nor do we have an offensive line that can let a QB hit read two much less let a passer sit back and showcase skills. Maybe De'Andre Johnson would want to come run around?

https://gradtransfertracker.com/potential-transfers-2019/

Didn't really see anyone I would be excited to have, but maybe I missed someone
I mean, the reality is we'd be ****ed at QB if Montez left, I'm not sure how anyone could argue otherwise. There's no one on the market anywhere near Montez's level, and I'm not even a big fan of Montez (though I wouldn't blame him for leaving). Not just that but it seems likely we don't grab a QB in this class, which can't help. At best, you're getting a career below average guy you hope magically breaks out (like Wimbush, who is by far the most intriguing name out there, IMO, which is saying something) but more than likely we'd see Lytle or Stenstrom... or Noyer start. I'm going to assume he's returning because we would've needed to show some urgency on this long before now, it can't have been that hard to gauge where Montez's head is at.

Next year's NFL QB class should be better and Montez would be wise to take advantage of a weak QB class in this year's draft. I know this might suck for CU but Montez has the opportunity to be set for life so he should seriously consider it.
Next years draft is better at the top but this years draft is better in the middle. Montez isn't going to be at the top of this years draft so it doesn't really matter. He needs another year of development.

I mean, the reality is we'd be ****ed at QB if Montez left, I'm not sure how anyone could argue otherwise. There's no one on the market anywhere near Montez's level, and I'm not even a big fan of Montez (though I wouldn't blame him for leaving). Not just that but it seems likely we don't grab a QB in this class, which can't help. At best, you're getting a career below average guy you hope magically breaks out (like Wimbush, who is by far the most intriguing name out there, IMO, which is saying something) but more than likely we'd see Lytle or Stenstrom... or Noyer start. I'm going to assume he's returning because we would've needed to show some urgency on this long before now, it can't have been that hard to gauge where Montez's head is at.
The sad thing is Lytle or Noyer could leave as a transfer this spring if he stays. Lets just pray he stays and then hope MT can sell the vacancy to a highly touted QB for 2020.

I am (foolishly) curious about Lytle starting. From what I have heard he is more athletic than Montez, he is big, and he was very highly regarded as a prospect coming out of HS. I don't know if we would be totally F'd if Montez leaves.
If I were Montez, I would consider leaving because he doesn't know what offense will be run, and a new coach can fall in love with a different guy. Also, very doubtful MT will rely on seniority as much as Mac 2.0 did. I know that if I were the HC, I would have an open competition. It might push Montez and I am very interested in Lytle.

If I were Montez, I would consider leaving because he doesn't know what offense will be run, and a new coach can fall in love with a different guy. Also, very doubtful MT will rely on seniority as much as Mac 2.0 did. I know that if I were the HC, I would have an open competition. It might push Montez and I am very interested in Lytle.

Coach Tucker and Coach Johnson WANT Steven Montez to stay here and be the QB of their first team because they want to win at least 7-8 games and he can do that in an offense that will likely be design by Coach Johnson for him to be successful!!! Montez has beaten Oregon at Oregon, and Nebraska at Nebraska. He is the best QB on the roster and has the most experience. I really like Lytle, and if he had been able to get legitimate experience it would have helped in games like New Hampshire, but our former coach did not prepare him. Let's stop talking stupid, we all want Steven to come back, win 8+ games, look good, and get drafted next year, but if he goes, we should all wish him well!!!

Coach Tucker and Coach Johnson WANT Steven Montez to stay here and be the QB of their first team because they want to win at least 7-8 games and he can do that in an offense that will likely be design by Coach Johnson for him to be successful!!! Montez has beaten Oregon at Oregon, and Nebraska at Nebraska. He is the best QB on the roster and has the most experience. I really like Lytle, and if he had been able to get legitimate experience it would have helped in games like New Hampshire, but our former coach did not prepare him. Let's stop talking stupid, we all want Steven to come back, win 8+ games, look good, and get drafted next year, but if he goes, we should all wish him well!!!
I said what I would think about if I was Montez. I would want to play my last year in a situation that highlights my ability. Not learning a new system that might not suit me. Sorry you seem to equate that for hate speech.

I also said if I were the coach I would want an open competition to push him.

As a fan, I am always interested in the young guy. Sorry to offend your awesomeness.

I said what I would think about if I was Montez. I would want to play my last year in a situation that highlights my ability. Not learning a new system that might not suit me. Sorry you seem to equate that for hate speech.

I also said if I were the coach I would want an open competition to push him.

As a fan, I am always interested in the young guy. Sorry to offend your awesomeness.

I am not your enemy... Your arguments are fine, I just feel that as a fan, and considering what Coach Tucker wants to accomplish, and what Coach Johnson is all about, the offense will be built for Steven and he will be more successful this season than ever. He will be learning a new system if he Grad Transfers, and he will be learning a new system if he is lucky enough to be drafted. There will always be competition on Coach Tuckers team or your ass is gone. I said that I like Lytle and that he can be successful in this system, as well as Stenstrom and possibly Noyer, but who knows, they never f-ing played. The 2020 QB Recruit will be Dual Threat and Coach Johnson will evolve the system towards that guy because ultimately Coach Tucker wants his offense to be built in a way that he feels is the toughest to defend.

Too many other guys they can develop. With only seven rounds.. not a lot of room foe developing an unproven number two guy. A number three is no spot for him to be in. He needs to take a step up this year. I don’t see him as a top four (round) pick right now. Needs this year to position himself.

If all of CU's current QB's are still here come spring ball, at least two other QB's will have more productive springs than Montez.

I am (foolishly) curious about Lytle starting. From what I have heard he is more athletic than Montez, he is big, and he was very highly regarded as a prospect coming out of HS. I don't know if we would be totally F'd if Montez leaves.
Heck, a true freshman QB just won the CFB championship.

giphy.gif

Back