What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stoopey might be the biggest asshole in football

west coast

loves to run it up, even on his friends, and oh what a ****ing whiner. Look on Bob Stoops face as SC scores like 80 pts in a quarter? Priceless

i wish i were drunk already.

i don't like stoops either-- i think he's an arrogant asshole who DOES like to run up the score and show opponents up. but, with that said, i think he's one of the best coaches in the country for sure. and, he has a great staff and great talent to work with.

i think our Buffs are facing a buzzsaw this weekend.

i know i will be drunk early on saturday as preventative medicine to dull the pain. hell, if somehow CU manages to win, i will just drink more and get a second wind! wooooooo.

:lol:

It's not beyond Stoops to take out the BSU Bowl Game loss on a Hawkins CU squad.

As the 4th ranked team in the nation, Stoops has to pile on points. Otherwise, the Sooners will stay buried under LSU, Florida and USC.

It's not beyond Stoops to take out the BSU Bowl Game loss on a Hawkins CU squad.

As the 4th ranked team in the nation, Stoops has to pile on points. Otherwise, the Sooners will stay buried under LSU, Florida and USC.

Actually if you look at the 1st 4 games, Stoops and the Sooners been taking the BCS Bowl game loss to BSU out on NTSU, the Canes, Utah State and Tulsa...

so are you saying its because of the system in place, BCS Championship Series, causing scores to reach 50,60,70 points and not the coaches??

Actually if you look at the 1st 4 games, Stoops and the Sooners been taking the BCS Bowl game loss to BSU out on NTSU, the Canes, Utah State and Tulsa...

so are you saying its because of the system in place, BCS Championship Series, causing scores to reach 50,60,70 points and not the coaches??

Yep. Win big or don't go to New Orleans. If OU was ranked in the top 2, they might take a knee at the end. So long as they are undefeated and not in the top 2, they have a BCS sanctioned license to kill.

Last edited by a moderator:

ubt, when he ran it up last year, his team had no chance of moving into the bcs nc game. he ran it up for ****s and giggles and it is not the first time. i am not a guy to typically complain about someone running it up because if you don't like it, then freaking stop them. that's football. but, i do think it is a good indicator of the asshole factor and stoops is an asshole. he's a great coach. he doesn't have to do it but he so arrogant that he thinks it will never come back to bite him. hopefully, in a few more years, CU will shove the football right up his ass and then i will feel much better about it.

Bitching about running up the score is dumb. Stoops learned from the best-Steve freaking Spurrier. I love the fact that they pile it on. If you can't stop them, it's your own damn fault.

ubt, when he ran it up last year, his team had no chance of moving into the bcs nc game. he ran it up for ****s and giggles and it is not the first time. i am not a guy to typically complain about someone running it up because if you don't like it, then freaking stop them. that's football. but, i do think it is a good indicator of the asshole factor and stoops is an asshole. he's a great coach. he doesn't have to do it but he so arrogant that he thinks it will never come back to bite him. hopefully, in a few more years, CU will shove the football right up his ass and then i will feel much better about it.

They ran it up last year? You mean the last td that put them ahead 24-3? Didnt they run everydown, we just couldnt stop them? Game was within 2 scores at 14 points. Freaky **** happens. Need to put the game out of reach there. Personally I didnt think it was running up the score. It was nailing the coffin closed. Granted I know CU wasnt doing anything offensively but you play until the last whistle echoes....Had the game been a 44-0 contest I might be inclined to agree with ya MBB.

Now Im not the biggest Stoops fan out there but dood wins and doesnt seem to give 2 ****s about what anyone thinks. Kinda gotta admire that IMO.

Had the game been a 44-0 contest ...

Ah, to go back to that game in '94 (44-0 I beleive) when the stupid boomer sooner song was only played a few times when they actually generated a first down. Now that was a great night! :thumbsup:

Bitching about running up the score is dumb. Stoops learned from the best-Steve freaking Spurrier. I love the fact that they pile it on. If you can't stop them, it's your own damn fault.

yep. live by the sword and die by it too. i hope in couple years CU stomps the living **** out of them.

hawkins has said he won't lighten up either, but he did against m of o--- he could have punched it in again at the end and he chose not to.

whatever. it is proof of stoops being an asshole, and an arrogant one at that. the only way to get satisfaction against a guy like that is to shove the football up his ass down the road, not bitch about it.

i was merely responding that i agree that he is an asshole, he's arrogant, and he enjoys rubbing it in. he's still a great coach and he has a good staff.

I think most head coaches are assholes, so he's probably not much different from most in that regard.

I'll never get pissed about an opposing team running up the score. You play for 60 minutes, not 58. USC and LSU both beat the living **** out of OU in their bowl games a few years back and did you hear Stoops whining about it? Nope. KSU, in fact, beat the living **** out of OU in the CCG a couple years ago, too.

They're not invincible, but they want everybody to think they are.

dont confuse confidence with arrogance....

and btw sacky 21-14 in 2003 isnt really running up the score as LSU scored 14 1st half offensive points and 7 2nd half points n a jason white int returned for a TD.... OU drove 4 times inside the 10 of LSU in the 2nd half and only scored 7 points...

now USC on the other hand 55-19 --- yeppers a true statement, but I, like you, have no problem with what Pete and Co. did....

loves to run it up, even on his friends, and oh what a ****ing whiner. Look on Bob Stoops face as SC scores like 80 pts in a quarter? Priceless

He's not an asshole ..he's trying to win a NC. The more points the better it looks and helps on the polls. Yeah, are you drunk west?

Back