What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stoops at ND?

There is some incredible talent at ND. I'd suspect Stoops or another of his caliber would return 8 or 9 wins immediately.

No question, but they are losing a lot as well. He also has some incredible talent at OU and only has to go to Texas to reload it. He should be looking at at least 9 wins next year and if things go well a run at the title game in the next 2-3 years at OU.

The ND fans are pretty fickle, 8-9 wins may not be enough after a couple of years.

I also question if the talent they have is all that good. I know that they are full of 4* and 5* players but how many of these are rated where they are at because they went to ND. How many are early maturers who never get that much better. I watched them against USC and Michigan and outside of a couple of recievers and Claussen I didn't see a lot of guys who struck me a phenominally talented players. Part is coaching by CW but part is also that they just might not be that good.

I know that even in a year when they started with very little experience and lost a lot to injury OU doesn't lack guys who can run.

No question, but they are losing a lot as well. He also has some incredible talent at OU and only has to go to Texas to reload it. He should be looking at at least 9 wins next year and if things go well a run at the title game in the next 2-3 years at OU.

The ND fans are pretty fickle, 8-9 wins may not be enough after a couple of years.

I also question if the talent they have is all that good. I know that they are full of 4* and 5* players but how many of these are rated where they are at because they went to ND. How many are early maturers who never get that much better. I watched them against USC and Michigan and outside of a couple of recievers and Claussen I didn't see a lot of guys who struck me a phenominally talented players. Part is coaching by CW but part is also that they just might not be that good.

I know that even in a year when they started with very little experience and lost a lot to injury OU doesn't lack guys who can run.

if you look at those 4 and 5 stars....they all have offers from the other big programs.

ND has a ton of talent on offense and none of their skill-position players are seniors, although Clausen is expected to leave. Defense, I'm not so sure. But as was pointed out, the new coach is set up for some immediate success because the schedule is soft again next year. Only 3 true road games, plus games against Army, Navy, Western Michigan, and Tulsa. How can they NOT win at least 9 next year? :sad1:

Apparently nothing is gonna happen with Weis until at least tomorrow. Not sure why they're holding off on the announcement.....

SOUTH BEND — An ESPN satellite truck was waiting on campus when the Notre Dame football team arrived in South Bend about 6:30 a.m. Sunday, arriving after the flight back from the West Coast.

It turns out there were only backdrops of Notre Dame Stadium to beam back to Bristol, Conn., on an eerily quiet day following a 45-38 Irish loss to Stanford in Palo Alto, Calif. It was the regular-season finale for the Irish.

As far as Charlie Weis' final chapter, it remains a matter of when the school and its fifth-year head football coach will part ways. Not if.

And a university source confirmed Sunday afternoon that nothing will happen before Monday.
http://southbendtribune.com/article/20091129/SPORTS13/911299949/1129/News

Stoops says he's not interviewing for ND job (at least not yet):

NORMAN – Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops quickly shot down rumors that he has an interview set up with Notre Dame.

Several reports surfaced after the Sooners' 27-0 Bedlam victory over Oklahoma State that Irish officials would either fly to Norman sometime Sunday to interview Stoops or fly the OU coach to South Bend, Ind.

Asked in a text if he could confirm or deny the report, even if it was off the record, Stoops' return text to me read: "On the record, I am not (interviewing). First I've heard of this (rumor)."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=13#6877

Meh. I like Holtz a lot. A lot more than that Cornhusker they used to have on.

Holtz is absolutely the most pathetic homer studio guy of all time.

No argument on the comparison with whatshisface from NU, though - as bad as Holtz is, that guy was a tool.

I have no proof, but I'd bet $100 that this rumor of Stoops going to ND was started by a ND fan in the hopes it would get legs. It's pure fantasy. ND would be a step down for Stoops. It's the place where coaches go to have their careers killed. It's a no-win situation. Stoops is smart enough to realize that.

Although I have to admit that it would be kind of nice to get him out of the conference.

I have no proof, but I'd bet $100 that this rumor of Stoops going to ND was started by a ND fan in the hopes it would get legs. It's pure fantasy. ND would be a step down for Stoops. It's the place where coaches go to have their careers killed. It's a no-win situation. Stoops is smart enough to realize that.

Although I have to admit that it would be kind of nice to get him out of the conference.

I absolutely agree with you. But I ****ing hate Stoops and wish he would take his **** somewhere else.

What? This is a joke, right?

I don't see why it would be. This is a solid place. It's not the front range, but its really overhauled itself the past 15 years.

The wild card with ND is that if you only need 9 wins to get an at-large bid and ND will ALWAYS be taken if they get 9 wins. That's damn near impossible for a school from any conference.

I doubt he would leave either, but after 11 years I could see it just from the "time for a change" angle.

The problem with ND is that there is no real measuring stick for success with no conference affiliation...There are no conference titles to win, just single 'big' games and then some bowl game. Until they get in the Big 10 (which will be coming soon IMO), it is going to be tough for any coach to be successful there.

I would love to see Stoops leave OU, but I think he'd be a fool to leave for ND. I just don't see it happening.

I think 10 years at $50 million should do the trick...

...guaranteed I might add...

If ND offers that, OU turns around and matches it. This whole rumor is beyond ridiculous. It wasn't that long ago that OU was where we are now. With the resources they have at their disposal, you think they're going to let Stoops go and risk going right back to where they were in 1998?

Who wouldn't want to see OU take their rightful cheating place at the bottom of the Big XII again? That would be awesome. Stoopsie should leave for ND. Trade one ****ehole town for another.

I think 10 years at $50 million should do the trick...

If ND offers that, OU turns around and matches it. This whole rumor is beyond ridiculous. It wasn't that long ago that OU was where we are now. With the resources they have at their disposal, you think they're going to let Stoops go and risk going right back to where they were in 1998?

Your both wrong. He makes $6.5mil right now. Or is it $4.3mil? Or is it $3.8mil?

I can see ND putting $7mil on the table and the debate would be over.

Last edited:
I think it's more likely Meyer would leave Florida to go to ND. I think their options are far more realistic than their fanbase would like to believe. Tony Dungy? You have to be kidding me. Someone on ESPN earlier mentioned Brian Billick, not sure pro coach would be the way to go for them, but teams aren't kicking down his door for his services. I think it'll come down to Brian Kelly or maybe even Gary Patterson. Forde on ESPN said they want a defensive minded coach, so that would be Patterson.

Last edited:
My guess is they end up with Kelly. I did hear some fool on ESPN saying ND should go after Pete Carrol :wow: Of course, that fool was Lou Holtz :lol:

My guess is they end up with Kelly. I did hear some fool on ESPN saying ND should go after Pete Carrol :wow: Of course, that fool was Lou Holtz :lol:

I heard that too about died laughing when I heard him bring up Carroll.

It's finally official, Weis is out at ND.

Back