What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Strength and Conditioning

To me strength and conditioning is mainly to keep up with others more than anything. Every top program emphasizes it. So it’s not like we are ahead of any curve.

Strength and Conditioning programs seem to be one of those things that mostly provide fans with either hope or an excuse.

Across the country there are bunches of fan bases getting excited about the progress of their teams in the weight rooms, it gets them through until they start on summer team activities.

For other programs who aren't ready to admit that they just don't have the talent the S&C program provides them an excuse. "If we were just a little bigger and stronger, if we had a better S&C program, etc. we wouldn't have lost those three close games last year and been almost .500."

There are differences between the programs at different schools but honestly how many games does that difference account for.

It may be that the biggest difference between programs is how they avoid/prevent injury and how effectively they rehab the players who are coming back from injuries.

These are programs that generate of millions of dollars a year in revenues. Wins and losses make big differences in those revenues. Does anyone think that the people who run these programs are going to allow other programs to have significant advantages as a result of something like S&C if they can avoid it.

Every year these vids fire me up.

Love seeing guys looking bigger.

Also love telling myself that our competition isn’t working as hard. (Don’t pee on my Cheerios on that - I like to believe this. 😀)

Every year these vids fire me up.

Love seeing guys looking bigger.

Also love telling myself that our competition isn’t working as hard. (Don’t pee on my Cheerios on that - I like to believe this. 😀)
Did ya'll see Carson Lee displaying some emotional leadership qualities in that short vid? For a frosh, that's pretty awesome. Carson is all damn in.

I love the videos, and although everyone has S&C, I do think that last year's program was so much more superior to years past and is likely beyond most PAC12 teams. But, I am not a fan of the Chains. Maybe I am way way off base, but chains and humans are not friends... There are modern weighted cords and other items that would be cooler than a Chain on a young man!!! Maybe setting myself up for a stupid set of responses, just how I felt watching it.

I love the videos, and although everyone has S&C, I do think that last year's program was so much more superior to years past and is likely beyond most PAC12 teams. But, I am not a fan of the Chains. Maybe I am way way off base, but chains and humans are not friends... There are modern weighted cords and other items that would be cooler than a Chain on a young man!!! Maybe setting myself up for a stupid set of responses, just how I felt watching it.
giphy.gif

Back