What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Strength & Conditioning Coach

I think we should hire Mark Manigino as S&T coach.

Open_practice_maningo_t450.jpg

Is that his heart doctor in the back? lol

No, I think that is just the pizza delivery guy.:smile2:

Last edited:
it is just about the hc wanting his own guy in there at s/c coach. the s/c coach is the eyes of the staff during the off-season and sets the tone. i know some folks want to criticize pitt and i can't say they are right or wrong about him, but i am not at all surprised he is leaving, given the way things work.

Good move by Embree.

We can do better than Pit. But regardless, it's important to get rid of the last vestiges of Hawk Love.

Sal Alosi?

:thumbsup: Agreed! He'll do whatever it takes to win. To those unfamiliar, check out his most recent dedication to victory...

[video=youtube;VgYXBpIYnvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgYXBpIYnvU[/video]

Will a new S&C coach be hired soon? I'd like to think someone will be in place soon to supervise the workouts from now until break. I don't see how this can wait until mid-late January.

Will a new S&C coach be hired soon? I'd like to think someone will be in place soon to supervise the workouts from now until break. I don't see how this can wait until mid-late January.

Not a problem.....have the guys watch the Fitness Channel, and all will be fine.

We should hire Kiana Tom from Body Shaping & Flex Appeal. I guarantee that attendance to offseason workouts would be 100% (and it would probably be a recruiting bonus).

kiana-tom-fitness-icon.jpg

We should hire Kiana Tom from Body Shaping & Flex Appeal. I guarantee that attendance to offseason workouts would be 100% (and it would probably be a recruiting bonus).

one has to wonder how many windows you have open when you are online, nik...

And certainly a violation of NCAA rules...but, perhaps worth it.

Because maybe there are a few new tricks out there in the last 20 years and we might want someone more ... current?
There's not much that's changed with the exception of supplements like creatine. I'd be willing to bet that Mad Dog keeps himself up to date with anything that has changed. It's not rocket science to teach proper form and get people stronger and faster.

There's not much that's changed with the exception of supplements like creatine. I'd be willing to bet that Mad Dog keeps himself up to date with anything that has changed. It's not rocket science to teach proper form and get people stronger and faster.

Don't let the media fool you, steroids and hgh are the only supplements that are worth a rats ass.
And power cleans (technically) are not what they should be doing. They should be doing squat cleans, in you've watched the olympics, its a clean and jerk without the jerk.
When learned properly, more weight is able to be used, which translates to way more hip and glute power. And it is much safer on the body because the bar is caught on the shoulders (like a power clean) but in front squat position. Safer on knees, ankles, and hips.

Wow, did I hit a nerve with one of you fat bretheren? I don't know anything about the guy which is why I asked, if he's a great S&C coach, then great sign him up. All I knew was that he was fat and to me that's like hiring Willie Nelson to do your taxes. Maybe he's an exception to the rule, that's why I asked. Oh and go f**k yourself.

Um...no. Just because someone is fat does not mean they are a bad strength coach. The best power and olympic weightlifting coaches in the U.S., the vast majority of them are "fat". They would make most 'college strength coaches' sound like high schoolers about strength training knowledge. The people you see in magazines are some of the worst people to take advise about training, in other words Arnold would make a terrible strength coach.
[video=youtube;D76gLzrriuk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D76gLzrriuk[/video]

I disagree. Creatine does wonders when you take it right and eat right.

No, have you actually taken the stuff. Do you know what it does. Creatine is naturally produced in the kidney's and liver. Creatine comes animal protein and manufactured in the human body from L-arginine, glycine, and L-methionine.

It increases ATP, which is nothing a proper diet won't do.

Edit: It sucks and is worthless.

No, have you actually taken the stuff. Do you know what it does. Creatine is naturally produced in the kidney's and liver. Creatine comes animal protein and manufactured in the human body from L-arginine, glycine, and L-methionine.

It increases ATP, which is nothing a proper diet won't do.

Edit: It sucks and is worthless.
Yes I do. I've seen results myself and when others take it.

Back