What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Strength of schedule

Just keep winning. The other stuff will
take care of itself. 12-0 !! WaAaaaa!!!!!

Part of the poll that is one of the tie break criteria for the division Championship. Admittedly its the last criteria.
That's only going to matter if it's a multiple tie and we get down into the weeds.

But I'll give it to you. There are some cases where it could possibly matter. One example is on national perception of our team, which could possibly (not likely, but possibly) impact bowl selection.

At the end of the day, though, I'll start caring about SOS once I start caring about playoff selection.

We played the Nubs in a very hostile, difficult to win environment. The Nubs played a good game against us. They left it all on the field. First game of a new, promising era and they played very hard. They may have fallen apart since that game, but that was a very good win.

We definitely got a lot of emotion and effort from CSU, but that is not a good team. I presume they’re calling donors for buyout money at this point. They desperately need a good football team and good attendance to get big conference attention.

i am 100% sure that if we win out, we make the playoffs. even if there are a few skunks amongst the roadkill...
And I am 100% sure that no matter what CSU and NU do to get bowl eligible or whatever that 1 loss will not get us into the playoff. We're simply not going to get the benefit of any doubt in that discussion room.

i am 100% sure that if we win out, we make the playoffs. even if there are a few skunks amongst the roadkill...
Remote at best. The P12 reputation isn’t good enough and there will be plenty of one-loss teams ahead of that curve.

If CU was to go 13-0 and four other P5 teams do the same thing, I would not be disappointed if that means CU goes to the Rose Bowl instead of the playoffs.

And I am 100% sure that no matter what CSU and NU do to get bowl eligible or whatever that 1 loss will not get us into the playoff. We're simply not going to get the benefit of any doubt in that discussion room.

and 100% agree on that. this stuff has to build up. when we were ranked for every week of every poll for like 10 years straight or more, we got the benefit of the doubt. it is earned.

Disagree with you 100% Nik. Here's why-Two teams made the playoff last year from the SEC because the B1G and Pac 12 failed to produce a viable alternative. I don't see two leagues doing that this year. I think the Big 12 is down-Oklahoma is going to blow a game or two somewhere, and they look like that league's best right now. I'd wonder about the B1G again-the West is as bad as our division (in particular at the bottom with the Fuskers and Illinois) and the East doesn't look like the murderer's row it was made out to be preseason-Michigan State is down, Michigan has a loss already, Penn State isn't the 10th best team in the country, and Ohio State is obviously playoff caliber.

The ACC is way down-Clemson is playoff caliber, but theres nothing in that league outside of them. FSU is a mess, Miami got whipped by an LSU team that probably goes 9-3. The Virginia Tech loss is a disaster for that league.

The Pac 12 isn't a spectacular league, but next week is huge for us-Stanford-ND is ginormous. If Stanford beats Notre Dame on top of tonight, they've got the best resume of any playoff contender, and should be ranked in the top 4. The biggest beneficiary of BYU's upset of Wisconsin was this league-the better they are this year, the better we look as a league. Their loss is to Cal, and they've still gotta play Washington and Utah.

If we keep winning, the sky is the limit.

We have 3 wins over 3 bad teams. Exhale and keep the faith....
Difference is, we looked good in all 3 wins. Last year, we played 2 pretty bad teams and looked pretty bad in both. This year the players took care of business when they should have. Mark of a good team. Don't think CU is a great team yet, but showing signs of being a good team. Just look at Oregon in their 3rd game getting a scare and how they looked against Stanford.

That's only going to matter if it's a multiple tie and we get down into the weeds.

But I'll give it to you. There are some cases where it could possibly matter. One example is on national perception of our team, which could possibly (not likely, but possibly) impact bowl selection.

At the end of the day, though, I'll start caring about SOS once I start caring about playoff selection.

The Rose is the only scenario where that could happen....and that's what got us sent to the Alamo Bowl 2 years ago-but the other team involved in that conversation was USC. If we're talking about somebody out of the North or us taking our league's spot in the Rose Bowl as a hypothetical, that conversation might go a bit differently than it did in 2016.

tenor.gif

The buffs could go undefeated and not make it with the schedule.

CU has beaten 3 teams who are a combined 1-11?

Let's get a win at home against a bad ucla team first before we play bama in the playoff.

If Washington got in two years ago playing Rutgers, Idaho, and Fresno State in the OOC.............I stand by what I said. We need to take care of our business.

The buffs could go undefeated and not make it with the schedule.

CU has beaten 3 teams who are a combined 1-11?

Let's get a win at home against a bad ucla team first before we play bama in the playoff.
Again, an undefeated P5 team would never get left out unless 4 other P5 teams went undefeated.

Cu has beaten 3 dog**** teams. Lets see if they can win 6 effing games. Everyone is assuming we're going to beat usc, a program cu has NEVER beaten.

Wouldn’t be much of a fan board if everyone was just chalking SC up as a loss because of what has happened historically. CU has done what it had to do to win games to this point, nothing wrong with folks getting some excitement about what this team could be.

Back