What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student Season Tickets

ghenrichon

My son is devastated that he wasn't able to get student tickets despite getting in line promptly on both days. Any advice on ways to get him to games without spending thousands on Stub hub?

My son is devastated that he wasn't able to get student tickets despite getting in line promptly on both days. Any advice on ways to get him to games without spending thousands on Stub hub?
Have him get a job with a kettle corn vendor.

Can he play an instrument? The golden buffalo marching band can always use more musicians. Also, would be worth checking with the band, cheer, AD, etc. If they need any other game day volunteers

Is he in a fraternity or club? Work the social networks. My oldest was usually able to scrounge up a spare ticket via his friend group through word of mouth, although that was pre-Prime so demand wasn't so high. There will inevitably be someone sick or out of town that has a ticket they can part with. Unfortunately there's near 30K undergrad and grad students in the system and only 12K student tickets, so there's going to be a lot in the same boat.

That sux for your son. Some outdoor very big screens could be fun for students, but where?

Cousin didn’t get one either (freshman). Told him to ask around and find hungover, drunk, or entitled kids that’ll give up their ticket easy.

There are always so many kids that don’t make it and hand off the ticket

Cousin didn’t get one either (freshman). Told him to ask around and find hungover, drunk, or entitled kids that’ll give up their ticket easy.

There are always so many kids that don’t make it and hand off the ticket
Do they actually have physical tickets? It was always our ID card back in the olden days when I went.

I plead the 5th. I got in freshman year (1991) to every game and didn't get season tixs because they were sold out. The kid has to be resourceful.

Do they actually have physical tickets? It was always our ID card back in the olden days when I went.
My daughter who is an incoming freshman says they still need to pick up a physical ticket. I don't know if that is accurate, but that is what she believes and she is definitely more in tune with it than I am.

She got lucky today and did get a sports pass and is excited. It's good to see as she was never one to follow sports in general.

I'm sorry OP that it didn't work out for everyone, but I got to imagine a student has a chance of landing another student's ticket if a kid can't go. Lots of kids may think they are going and never make it past tailgating. I hardly ever did in college....lol, so there will definitely be ways to pick up a student ticket cheap while 'at the game'

Band camp starts on either Monday or Tuesday, so if this is the path he wishes to take, he'll need to move quickly.

Join the Band!

That being said, joining the band JUST to go to the football games is kind of a dick move - if you have no plans on being an active participant. Most, if not all of us, have / had done this for large portions of their lives, and are fairly dedicated to it. Some people join later, but do so to join, not to get free tickets to football games.

My kid went to UK and couldn’t get a bball ticket to save her life and that stadium holds 25k.

Band camp starts on either Monday or Tuesday, so if this is the path he wishes to take, he'll need to move quickly.

Join the Band!

That being said, joining the band JUST to go to the football games is kind of a dick move - if you have no plans on being an active participant. Most, if not all of us, have / had done this for large portions of their lives, and are fairly dedicated to it. Some people join later, but do so to join, not to get free tickets to football games.

If there’s still a dedicated student entrance with no one supervising the student worker, he should befriend them or grease the wheels if needed.

We used to pass back our Buff cards after we get in to friends that couldn't get one. Don't know if that still works

Join the band?

Nvrmd. Already suggested.

I just don't know about nearly 1/3 of the crowd all using 1 entrance. Maybe the best solution among options which are all less than ideal.

Back