What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student tickets for KU game

I don't have too much of a problem going to a women's game to get a ticket. I just don't think the students realize they actually have to sacrifice something to get a ticket in high demand.

Bitches need to take principals of micro then

I don't have too much of a problem going to a women's game to get a ticket. I just don't think the students realize they actually have to sacrifice something to get a ticket in high demand.
Ding, ding, ding. Sports teams do this all the time -- whether it's Opening Day in baseball, a game that will sell out in cfb, they force you to buy another game that doesn't sell as well. It's just what the market demands.

It's not even a sacrifice.

Go to a the best home game of the non-conference season for our Top 20 WBB team.

Yeah. It borders on abuse. :huh:

Well the rescheduled my intramural basketball game to 8 Wednesday night. Sweet. Guess I'm going to have to miss the intramural game.

Gotta think that ESPN Gameday is looking at not only our men's basketball record, but the crowds at our home games. Everyone is quick to tweet out hashtags to help the team trend to get ESPN's attention (like me!) when the announcement was made that we are being considered for the Feb 22 treatment, but when all fans have to do is use their tickets and go to the CEC, it's becoming a real puzzling and excuse filled struggle. Over 7,000 season tickets have sold out plus at least 1,500 (?) student passes. Are there that many scalpers, sponsors that don't always attend, exams, Broncos games or (gulp) Kansas fans that have bought season ticket packages? There is really no way to analyze the low turnout through the first few home games and students are not the only ones to be blamed (maybe blame is a poor word for any of this), but being rewarded for showing up to watch the #16 WBB team (it's a free ticket if you have the student pass, correct?) against undefeated Iowa seems like a sweet deal to me. Other schools have students camp out for days, attend wrestling meets or gasp, charge double and even triple the money to be a season ticket holder.

And on top of all of this, students were notified over a week ago about this process and I can't imagine that every Kansas game student ticket will be handed out tomorrow night. this is just the first and best option for students that want to make sure they have a seat on Dec 7.

If we want to be taken seriously as a major basketball program - get 4 and 5 star recruits, national TV coverage, new uniforms more than once every 7 seasons, have the CEC refurbished....well, it takes a lot more than just putting a winning product on the floor. I want Tad to stick around, too.

I think that if they made that type of effort while being able to demonstrate a previous attendance record at games, that they would be exempted.

Late to the game, but
:rofl::rofl2::rofl::rofl2::yeah_right:

This is CU - "U of Chicago of the West" we're talking about here. Plus, based on my recollection of the calculus teachers, they have no idea what basketball is, much less be able to pronounce it.

Late to the game, but
:rofl::rofl2::rofl::rofl2::yeah_right:

This is CU - "U of Chicago of the West" we're talking about here. Plus, based on my recollection of the calculus teachers, they have no idea what basketball is, much less be able to pronounce it.

I meant exempted by the AD, not by the Calculus Prof. :smile2:

with all the comments on poor attendance/lack of interest. it's interesting there isn't a single thread here about tomorrow's game. So:

"UCSB's leading scorer and rebounder Alan Williams came out for warm-ups prior to the game against Utah State on Saturday, took one jump hook and had his back spasm, causing him to miss the entire game. The Gauchos hope for his return this week, but will not have a definitive word prior to Wednesday. In addition to Williams' absence, UCSB is currently without forwards John Green (3-6 weeks with a foot injury) and Mitch Brewe (2-3 weeks with a sprained knee). The loss of Williams forced Santa Barbara to play with just one post player against the Aggies, Sam Beeler. Brewe should be able to play in Colorado"

I fully disagree with the AD's decision to require attendance at the CU/Iowa game tonight.

Yes, the women are a highly ranked team who play very hard to represent the university, and their games should be well attended. However, they should be insulted that the only way to get fans to their game v. a legit B1G opponent is to hold KU tickets ransom.

Why? Because the fans would be going for the wrong reason. Really, we need to leverage the men to support the women who are putting up a quality product of their own?

Professors load up the work load the week before Fall Break, so they can grade papers and exams over the break and release the students of larger obligations. This really is a busy time for our students, who may genuinely have time conflict with an 8:30 start on a Wednesday night. Our students on this board aren't acting entitled...they're students for Christ's sake.

Who suffers? The players. I was talking to one of the players on the phone earlier today. She said that people are saying nasty things online about rooting for the other team and just doing their homework doing the game. The students are angry at the team, who had nothing to do with this decision. The AD is forcing attendance, and when choice is taking away, the students will lash out.

My friend (the player) said she and her teammates are being insulted on campus by frustrated students.

Essentially this plan is having the opposite effect than intended. Yeah, I'm pissed at the students for treating their Buffs that way--the players just want to represent the university at a high level, and compete on the court. But I think the AD leadership could have easily envisioned these consequences if they thought about it at all.

I would have never anticipated that students being told that they need to be at a game to increase their lottery position for KU would be the cause of students verbally attacking players on our women's basketball team.

The students ****ing suck. Orr, I see your point. But come on, man. What a bunch of whiny bitches. Probably won't show up for football senior day this weekend against a premier opponent that puts our bowl hopes on the line. They'll have some excuse for that, too. Probably get mad at the players for the late start time on a chilly day.

I fully disagree with the AD's decision to require attendance at the CU/Iowa game tonight.

Yes, the women are a highly ranked team who play very hard to represent the university, and their games should be well attended. However, they should be insulted that the only way to get fans to their game v. a legit B1G opponent is to hold KU tickets ransom.

Why? Because the fans would be going for the wrong reason. Really, we need to leverage the men to support the women who are putting up a quality product of their own?

Professors load up the work load the week before Fall Break, so they can grade papers and exams over the break and release the students of larger obligations. This really is a busy time for our students, who may genuinely have time conflict with an 8:30 start on a Wednesday night. Our students on this board aren't acting entitled...they're students for Christ's sake.

Who suffers? The players. I was talking to one of the players on the phone earlier today. She said that people are saying nasty things online about rooting for the other team and just doing their homework doing the game. The students are angry at the team, who had nothing to do with this decision. The AD is forcing attendance, and when choice is taking away, the students will lash out.

My friend (the player) said she and her teammates are being insulted on campus by frustrated students.

Essentially this plan is having the opposite effect than intended. Yeah, I'm pissed at the students for treating their Buffs that way--the players just want to represent the university at a high level, and compete on the court. But I think the AD leadership could have easily envisioned these consequences if they thought about it at all.
This is disturbing that students are attacking the women's team. I have seen tweets, but I didn't realize people were really going after them personally. That's just sad. I will be there, but to be honest I am not there for the reason of supporting the team. I am there to get my ticket. I have an exam tomorrow so I am bringing notes, sitting in general admission and studying. It's just the fact. The women's team should be supported, but to be blunt I have in my opinion more important things to do with my night. But I would never hold that against the girls or root for Iowa. That is just absurd.

That's weak, really weak. The women's bball team does put out a good product, no need for the players to be insulted by students.

So these same students that haven't shown up for a game yet are mad that they have to go to a game to get tickets?

I would never anticipated that students being told that they need to be at a game to increase their lottery position for KU would be the cause of students verbally attacking players on our women's basketball team.

The students ****ing suck. Orr, I see your point. But come on, man. What a bunch of whiny bitches. Probably won't show up for football senior day this weekend against a premier opponent that puts our bowl hopes on the line. They'll have some excuse for that, too. Probably get mad at the players for the late start time on a chilly day.

Like I said, I'm really pissed at how the students are behaving, and of course deeply sympathetic to the players. But I still feel that the AD disrespected the students' time, which facilitated their inappropriate reaction.

I would have never anticipated that students being told that they need to be at a game to increase their lottery position for KU would be the cause of students verbally attacking players on our women's basketball team.

:yeahthat: Those students are MORONS.

Like I said, I'm really pissed at how the students are behaving, and of course deeply sympathetic to the players. But I still feel that the AD disrespected the students' time, which facilitated their inappropriate reaction.

They will realize just how helpful the AD was trying to be when they have to camp outside for a ****ing week in the teens to get tickets for Zona. Whiny bitches. It is 2 hours. Get the **** over it.

They will realize just how helpful the AD was trying to be when they have to camp outside for a ****ing week in the teens to get tickets for Zona. Whiny bitches. It is 2 hours. Get the **** over it.

Yes - life isn't fair. I'm required to do all kinds of things at work that I don't want to do and I feel like disrespect my time. It's called life.

Yes - life isn't fair. I'm required to do all kinds of things at work that I don't want to do and I feel like disrespect my time. It's called life.

If they really want to go to the KU game this shouldn't even be a problem. Could you imagine the scene and borderline riot trying to turn away students at the door during that game when the arena is full? The AD really has few options here. It is either leverage some success to try and encourage some support of another university team, or let them wait outside for a week in the cold. Kids up there really are spoiled.

Yeah, students get no sympathy from me. (Basketball band member, attended just about every Men's AND Women's game while I was a member.

Horse****. Going to the women's game guarantees them a ticket, nothing more nothing less. If attending the women's game is so insulting or disrespectful of their time, they can choose to wait for the on-line lottery and take a risk they don't get a seat to KU. Would they be happier if it was entirely lottery based? If all of the students choose not to go tonight, that's the end result anyway. So **** them. Seriously, **** any students giving the women's team or the AD ****. **** them right in their asses.

Yeah, students get no sympathy from me. (Basketball band member, attended just about every Men's AND Women's game while I was a member.

Right there with you. Funny how we were all able to be at almost every basketball game for both teams, support them, and study during the OOC games.

Horse****. Going to the women's game guarantees them a ticket, nothing more nothing less. If attending the women's game is so insulting or disrespectful of their time, they can choose to wait for the on-line lottery and take a risk they don't get a seat to KU. Would they be happier if it was entirely lottery based? If all of the students choose not to go tonight, that's the end result anyway. So **** them. Seriously, **** any students giving the women's team or the AD ****. **** them right in their asses.

Is this all because I called you and Snow "Master Master"?

How does this disrespect their time any more than having them queue up and camp in line?

Back