What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student tickets for KU game

Horse****. Going to the women's game guarantees them a ticket, nothing more nothing less. If attending the women's game is so insulting or disrespectful of their time, they can choose to wait for the on-line lottery and take a risk they don't get a seat to KU. Would they be happier if it was entirely lottery based? If all of the students choose not to go tonight, that's the end result anyway. So **** them. Seriously, **** any students giving the women's team or the AD ****. **** them right in their asses.

Stated perfectly by Wspy. No, that's not a purposeful juxtaposition.

Let's be honest, how many people actually read it?... you should and the complaining should end right here and now.

I remember reading that this summer, and I'm not even a student. I hardly ever read any kind of bull**** contract stuff either.

Here's my quick thought (sophomore at CU). I think that it is fair to have students go to the women's game to get a ticket to the Kansas game. For this short term bull**** that my peers are complaining about is dumb. We got an email November 10th. That's ten days ago. I'm not sure about you guys but as a college kid ten days is plenty of time to plan out how you study, do homework, etc. If there was an exam that day, it was already scheduled and there is nothing you could do even if the email was sent out three months ago. If I were in the AD this is what I would have done. I would have set aside three or so games that you could to go to to possibly get a KU ticket. For example, you can go to the women's game tonight, the Thursday men's game or the Harvard game Sunday. The first tickets would be distributed at the first game and so on. This allows students to have a "second chance" if they had a conflict for the women's game. If this seemed unattainable there are other options. They could distribute tickets like they did against U of A and ASU last year where you have to go to the ticket office and a first come first serve basis. I do not like that if you are unable to go to the one game due to a test or something you cannot miss, you are put in a lottery. This means that a student who has shown up to every football and basketball game has the same shot as students who bought the pass, but doesn't attend many events. It should be done off of priority points or some type of point system. Finally, our students are ****ing awful. The Cal football game was embarrassing. There was no excuse for the students to leave early. Yes it was cold, but look at your damn Iphone and look at the weather. If you come unprepared you leave, get a re-entry pass and get warmer clothes. We were beating a Pac-12 team. The excuse that we were getting crushed was out the window. The student attendance for basketball games is disturbing to me. Last year, the place was rocking. The year before that I went to games with my parents and could not wait to be in the crazy atmosphere of the student section. This year, my high school basketball games had more excited students. It is time for us to step up and take an effort to go to games. The desire is not there and it is something I will never understand. Get the **** out of your house apartment dorm or whatever and cheer on our team. We have a bunch of spoiled California kids who think all of our team sucks and would rather stay at home. It disgusts me.

Space bars save lives.

Old fans itt telling students not to bitch: 15
Same fans going to Iowa wbb game tonight. Likely 0.
Same fans required essentially required to attend game for KU tix. 0

Same fans who spent more money on tickets than the student fans: 15.

Same fans who spent more money on tickets than the student fans: 15.

Hell, it's not even about the money.

We weren't offered an incentive to go to the game tonight. Also, many of us buy season tickets for sports we aren't big fans of and take in a few games a year for the priority points. And it's a little harder for an adult living in the real world to get to campus for a 5th time in a week (Ark St, UCSB, USC football & Harvard already on Mon-Sun schedule) than it is for a college student to walk over with some friends after grabbing a bite to eat at the C4C.

And we're certainly not attacking the WBB players over the AD emphasizing attendance at their game.

You're free to donate big bucks to the Buff Club and buy season tickets like alums do...

Would any of you old me go to the women't game tonight to get a free ticket for the KU game?

Would any of you old me go to the women't game tonight to get a free ticket for the KU game?

No doubt for me. And that's with no notice. If I'd known 10 days ago, we would have had time to get a sitter and use both our tickets to earn 2 KU tix. It would be really hard for a lot of you guys who have to drive up from Denver on a work night for you & school night for your kids, I would guess.

Considering that the student section has been half empty for the Men's games, I would guess a couple hundred.
If that's the case, this event is a complete fail, but wait til students are left out of the KU game. Besides the legit academic reasons(only really exams, labs, or actual classes going on), there no excuses really to not showing up tonight.

No questions asked if I was student. And if I was too consumed with homework, I'd bring it with me and then study after the game as well.

Honestly, the biggest thing keeping me from the game tonight is the 8:30 start. That may not seem that late for a college kid, but getting home at 11pm with a 7 month old is not that easy, but we were still going to do it untill baby was sent home sick from daycare.

I am not going to make the arguement that womans basketball is just as exciting as a men's game, but its really not that bad. In college we went to a handful of them, and always had a good time. I am not going to arrange my life around a womans game, but if nothing was going on, it was a fun thing to go to.

Let's face it. Most of the students who are bitching will do nothing more than sit around their dorm or apt tonight smoking weed and playing xbox. Those are likely the ones who are posting the Facebook memes and giving **** to our WBB players over this.

If they don't go to the game then it is still first come first serve. What is the problem? If they have tickets still leftover than all the students can go camp outside the arena and freeze their asses off to get a ticket. CU is trying to be helpful to the students and the WBB team. If I didn't work on the south side of denver and live on the east side, I would be up there no question. Tonight should be a good game.

We weren't offered an incentive to go to the game tonight. Also, many of us buy season tickets for sports we aren't big fans of and take in a few games a year for the priority points. And it's a little harder for an adult living in the real world to get to campus for a 5th time in a week (Ark St, UCSB, USC football & Harvard already on Mon-Sun schedule) than it is for a college student to walk over with some friends after grabbing a bite to eat at the C4C.

And we're certainly not attacking the WBB players over the AD emphasizing attendance at their game.

Good points. I'm sick of hearing excuses. Unfortunately, some of our students are beginning to remind me of DII and Water Bottle.

Last edited:
If they don't go to the game then it is still first come first serve. What is the problem? If they have tickets still leftover than all the students can go camp outside the arena and freeze their asses off to get a ticket. CU is trying to be helpful to the students and the WBB team. If I didn't work on the south side of denver and live on the east side, I would be up there no question. Tonight should be a good game.

It's brutal to ask them to attend a basketball game in order to be able to attend a basketball game. Sleeping on a sidewalk in 15 degree temps for a week would be so much better. Nevermind that the whole camping on a sidewalk in winter for a week sucks. It's a lot different than the propaganda shoot of coach "x" buying a couple pizzas and the tv cameras dropping by for 30 seconds on game day make it out to be.

True, but I don't think it can be ignored. A ticket to the game right now is worth $200 on the open market. Knowing that there is no guarantee to students to be able to get into every game, you can think of it as the AD giving students $200 dollars to go to a women's basketball game if they don't want to pay current market price and take advantage of being a student. I know students paid for season tickets, but the money/ticket value shouldn't be overlooked.

Last edited:
I do want to circle back and re-emphasize the main thing that is inexcusable about this:

The players on our Women's team are playing a huge game tonight in what could be a very special season for the program and it's complete bull**** that they're being subjected to any negativity from anyone over this.

I don't care what someone's opinion is on how the AD handled this. Please bitchslap someone if he attacks our players over this.

For the point I was making, it kind of is. A ticket to the game right now is worth $200 on the open market. Knowing that there is no guarantee to students to be able to get into every game, you can think of it as the AD giving students $200 dollars to go to a women's basketball game if they don't want to pay current market price and take advantage of being a student. I know students paid for season tickets, but I don't think the money/ticket value should be overlooked.

I meant that it wasn't about the money for me in terms of showing up or not. You are making a valid point, we're just making different ones.

i do want to circle back and re-emphasize the main thing that is inexcusable about this:

The players on our women's team are playing a huge game tonight in what could be a very special season for the program and it's complete bull**** that they're being subjected to any negativity from anyone over this.

I don't care what someone's opinion is on how the ad handled this. Please bitchslap someone if he attacks our players over this.

ymssr

I meant that it wasn't about the money for me in terms of showing up or not. You are making a valid point, we're just making different ones.

Ha. I'm in the middle of rant mode and figured that out. I edited my original post to reflect my new understanding.

I do want to circle back and re-emphasize the main thing that is inexcusable about this:

The players on our Women's team are playing a huge game tonight in what could be a very special season for the program and it's complete bull**** that they're being subjected to any negativity from anyone over this.

I don't care what someone's opinion is on how the AD handled this. Please bitchslap someone if he attacks our players over this.

Agreed. I think the AD's decision was horrible here, but giving the women's team any gruff licks the tapir's taint.

Spot on, Nik. Rep.

Agreed. I think the AD's decision was horrible here, but giving the women's team any gruff licks the tapir's taint.

Concur.

Back