What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stupidity Alert

So one game against OU explains how their offense was ranked 12th nationally?

Clemson? Not a great team, but Clemson's defense was ranked #13 in scoring defense, giving up 17ppg. NU put up 26 points.

Clemson's defense was ranked #18 in the nation. They gave up an average of 299 YPG. Nebraska put up 361 yards.

If you want to bag on Watson for what he did here, that's fine. But by all accounts he led a pretty good NU offense last year.

Well, since you're so big on rankings and comparisons, maybe they ranked #12 because they had 7 games where they put up over 450 yards of total offense.

Of course, those 7 games were against defenses ranked #87 (W Michigan), 75 (New Mexico St), 79 (Texas Tech), 112 (Iowa State), 85 (Baylor), 89 (Kansas) and 117 (Kansas State) for the season in total defense. But hey, since they put up 7 more points and 62 more yards than Clemson gave up on average, in the burning intensity of a meaningless mid-level bowl game, I guess that really must prove that they were, indeed, a great offense.... :lol:

Yeah, but if you look at when they got their yards, it looks pretty ordinary. They got 400 some yards against Oklahoma, but they didn't do anything at all offensively until they were down 35-0. Getting yards when your down 35-0 isn't much of an accomplishment, any more than piling on yards against the three creampuffs they have on their OOC every year means the order is restored. They played a Clemson team that wasn't very good, and had no offense at all, and they struggled against them too.

And yeah, I realize our offense was terrible. The point is, if Shawn Watson were the coordinator of any other school, and had the same resume, Nebraska fans wouldn't have the faintest idea of who he is, let alone assume as a given that he is getting a hc gig any time soon. And the posts on that board prove that they don't have any idea what they're talking about even though he's their OC; some of those posts were saying things like "he's a proven groomer of top qb's" which is a complete fantasy. Around recruiting time, the same guys were touting Watson as a "groomer of NFL quarterbacks" as a recruiting edge with high school talent. WHAT? Not one qb ever coached by Shawn Watson has made a final NFL roster, ever. But that doesn't matter when you're a nebraska fan trying to convince yourself that the Great Leap Forward is just around the corner. But it will end in tears. And they will devour Watson and Pellini just as they devoured Solich and Callahan.

So, your point is that some NU fans let their emotions get the better of them and their judgement and that they see things that are not there?

So, your point is that some NU fans let their emotions get the better of them and their judgement and that they see things that are not there?

No, my point is what I said it is, repeatedly. Nice attempt at a reframe though.:lol:

but if you can find a thread on allbuffs in which the entire thread consists of people considering a Colorado assistant an automatic hc candidate at Nebraska and inventing fantasy accomplishments for him, all to make ourselves feel important, more power to you, tiger.

Or you can head on back to huskerboard and read yet another thread about the "classless CU sCUm who urinated on my grandma, split an infinitive and stole my lunch from the staff refrigerator" and then try to tell us were the crazy ones. Good luck with that.

Or you can head on back to huskerboard and read yet another thread about the "classless CU sCUm who urinated on my grandma, split an infinitive and stole my lunch from the staff refrigerator" and then try to tell us were the crazy ones. Good luck with that.

To be fair to them, I DID do all of that. At least once a year. Twice on leap years.

I know what your point is. All NU fans live in fantasy land and Colorado fans never make misguided predictions and accusations based on hope.

Especially not in polls about what team will win the MNC or about what bowl game we'll be in.

Never.

Well, since you're so big on rankings and comparisons, maybe they ranked #12 because they had 7 games where they put up over 450 yards of total offense.

Of course, those 7 games were against defenses ranked #87 (W Michigan), 75 (New Mexico St), 79 (Texas Tech), 112 (Iowa State), 85 (Baylor), 89 (Kansas) and 117 (Kansas State) for the season in total defense. But hey, since they put up 7 more points and 62 more yards than Clemson gave up on average, in the burning intensity of a meaningless mid-level bowl game, I guess that really must prove that they were, indeed, a great offense.... :lol:

If only we could have reached a "meaningless mid-level bowl game"...

\

We also played Iowa State, Kansas State and Kansas (and Mizzou).

Yards gained against KSU
Sucky Watson Offense: 610
CU: 353

Points scored against KSU
Sucky Watson Offense: 56
CU: 14

Yards gained against KU
Sucky Watson Offense: 495
CU: 233

Points scored against KU
Sucky Watson Offense: 45

Yards gained against ISU
Sucky Watson Offense: 548
CU: 422

Points scored against ISU
Sucky Watson Offense: 35
CU: 28

Yards gained against MU
Sucky Watson Offense: 369
CU: 199

Points scored against MU
Sucky Watson Offense: 17
CU: 0

Sorry Neb fans...it's clear you guys had a sucky offense and are led by a pathetic OC! :lol:

Yards gained against KSU

Yards gained against KU

Points scored against KU

Yards gained against ISU

Yards gained against MU

Points scored against MU

Sorry Neb fans...it's clear you guys had a sucky offense and are led by a pathetic OC! :lol:

This is all great except where it fails to address the topic. I haven't met a CU fan who didn't acknowledge our lackluster offense last year. Similarly, I have yet to meet the CU fan who felt that Helfrich would be snatched up as the head coach of a BCS program.

So while your response may further your agenda, it's unclear to me how it furthers the argument associated with this thread. That nebraska's offense outperformed ours last year is a surprise to exactly no one.

Yards gained against KSU

Yards gained against KU

Points scored against KU

Yards gained against ISU

Yards gained against MU

Points scored against MU

your disguise is wearing thin. Next you will bring Cody into this discussion :lol:

Ditto Here!:thumbsup:

Where is the Buffalo Brand KoolAid sold. I need a pitcher full now!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just checked. The cartoon strips "Shoe", "Ziggy" and "Cathy" are snappier than Surveyor's smack.

I just checked. The cartoon strips "Shoe", "Ziggy" and "Cathy" are snappier than Surveyor's smack.

He is still more insightful and funnier than Family Circus. That is in no way intended to be a compliment.

Loving this thread.:thumbsup:

Yeah, buffmania hasn't made it to full ignore, but he's on virtual ignore. It's more fun to just read the responses to his nonsense, they are on point and informative, unlike just about everything he's written.

I think its great that the point of my thread is being demonstrated so perfectly, albeit in a strange roundabout way.

On a Husker board, some of their fans think Watson will one day become a HC at a BCS school. He's currently having success as a OC at BCS school, and didn't he get offered to be an OC at Alabama? I just find it ironic we're so obsessed over a few optimistic comments on a Husker board, yet at the same time most of you blow a gasket when I point out the overly-optimistic comments Buff fans make on our board.

On a Husker board, some of their fans think Watson will one day become a HC at a BCS school. He's currently having success as a OC at BCS school, and didn't he get offered to be an OC at Alabama? I just find it ironic we're so obsessed over a few optimistic comments on a Husker board, yet at the same time most of you blow a gasket when I point out the overly-optimistic comments Buff fans make on our board.

:boring::blah:

Where did anybody blow a gasket?

And dude, nobody's obsessed here except you, and your obsession seems to be trying to hijack every thread and make it about your desperate need for attention.

Where did anybody blow a gasket?

And dude, nobody's obsessed here except you, and your obsession seems to be trying to hijack every thread and make it about your desperate need for attention.

Exactly. When you say "we" maniac, please understand that does not include me.

I visited with Watson a few times and really liked the guy. He was always brutally honest. All of Barnett's guys were personable, but Watson was the most so, imo.

I thought he did a decent job at CU, the biggest criticism I have is that he never groomed an above par qb while here (although perhaps an argument could be made for Klatt) .

imo, the guy deserves a shot as a HC at at a non-BCS school, (MAC would be a good fit) and I guarantee he will take it when offered. The guy wants to be a HC, nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
If Barnett would've fired Watson back in 05, I really believe he would've been here another year. Watson is a good position coach, but a average OC. Giving him a HC job at the D1 level would be a mistake.

Uh, Doesn't anyone here remember he friggin' was the HC at a D-1 school---Southern Ill---and got his butt canned? He's also been a finalist for a couple of other HC jobs, notably Utah and I think UNLV.

I'll never forget his admission that 62-36 was the result of four years of studying kNU films!!! Wotta joke!

Uh, Doesn't anyone here remember he friggin' was the HC at a D-1 school---Southern Ill---and got his butt canned? He's also been a finalist for a couple of other HC jobs, notably Utah and I think UNLV.

I'll never forget his admission that 62-36 was the result of four years of studying kNU films!!! Wotta joke!

Utah chose Urban Meyer over Watson. There is an argument to be made they made the right choice there.

He was also a finalist for the Miami, OH job in 04 I think. Irv Brown said that he would have landed that job except for the fact that they were concerned about the scandal.

Last edited:
Back