What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Successful CU football hires

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
The two biggest winners at CU were Eddie Crowder and Bill McCartney. Crowder was an assistant at OU. Mac an assistant at Michigan.

The two biggest losers at CU were Chuck Fairbanks and Dan Hawkins. Fairbanks had head coaching experience at OU and in the NFL with the NE Patriots. Hawkins had been a head coach at two colleges prior to CU.

Based on this completely un-scientific data, I'd say our next coach needs to be a guy who's a current assistant at a big time school.

Barnett was a good one too. The scandal really hurt him with both coaching and recruiting IMO. But yes, I really believe getting an assistant at a top flight program would be the best way to go.

I agree. Hire a coordinator with a rep as a fantastic recruiter from a big time school. This is a good recipe.

Back