What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sugar Bowl Thread - Buckeyes vs Bama

There's truth on all points in this discussion, but the point that can't be reconciled is that TCU dropped from #3 to #6 despite annihilating their opponent. I agree with the 'conference champion should be rewarded' sentiment, but I don't see a logical argument that explains the decision by the committee. Now, having said that, the simple solution is to keep the rankings private until the pairings are announced, but that's not what happened, ergo, we saw what happened, and what happened was that TCU got screwed.

There's truth on all points in this discussion, but the point that can't be reconciled is that TCU dropped from #3 to #6 despite annihilating their opponent. I agree with the 'conference champion should be rewarded' sentiment, but I don't see a logical argument that explains the decision by the committee. Now, having said that, the simple solution is to keep the rankings private until the pairings are announced, but that's not what happened, ergo, we saw what happened, and what happened was that TCU got screwed.

I agree with the last point. No need to publish them every week. We should eliminate preseason polls. They generate most of the controversy. First AP/coaches poll after week 5 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didn´t have much of an issue with them getting snubbed, but I think they probably would be more entertaining than some of the teams who made it

My point is that they were the #5 team in a 4- team playoff. Sucks for them, but that's the way the system works. I think it will lead to an 8-team playoff sooner rather than later.

and with that, OSU just scored again, making this a very tight game.

Mtn, TCU did schedule someone OOC. Either way, this is turning into a game.

Samford and SMU? To their credit they did play Minnesota which was a mid-level B1G team and much better than anyone that Baylor played OOC.

Sure they pummelled the little sisters of the poor in the B12, they struggled against the good teams like Oklahoma and WVU.

No, they didn't get screwed. They had a schedule that required they win out and didn't. They may be better than FSU but FSU earned their way in by not losing.

My point is that they were the #5 team in a 4- team playoff. Sucks for them, but that's the way the system works. I think it will lead to an 8-team playoff sooner rather than later.

and with that, OSU just scored again, making this a very tight game.

i really like the four team format tho. i like that one power 5 champ gets left at the altar.

The only problem with this game is that I want both teams to lose every time I see them play. Otherwise, it's a great game so far.

I have to admit that today has been a slice of college football heaven. This is great.

i kinda like that bitching from the team that didn´t make it. 7 games would be cooler than 3, sure, but i like this format and i like that "merely" winning your conference doesn´t get you an invite to the dance.

Wow, ESPN really forcing Tebow upon us. He's awkward, has nooo cred, should be at home watching this...like me.

Has no cred? He's a Heisman trophy winner and won a MNC.

Say what you will about Timmy Tebow, but the dude has cred.

Has no cred? He's a Heisman trophy winner and won a MNC.

Say what you will about Timmy Tebow, but the dude has cred.

there´s cred on the field and there´s cred as an analyst

(he´s also won a playoff game!!!!)

Urban is a helluva coach. Can't believe his QB recruiting.

#1 and #2 on the depth chart would have been in New York for the Heisman presentation without injury. #3 isn't at that level, but still pretty damn good.

Absolutely spot on.

We have 68 in the basketball tourney and schools complain that they got left out.

Could TCU maybe win an 8 team playoff. Were they the best team in the nation this season, can't make that argument with their schedule and losing one of the few tough games they had.

By the way what top teams played in college basketball this week without going to look it up. That's what I thought, regular season is almost meaningless because of the big tourney.

TCU screwed themselves. Schedule somebody OOC, beat Baylor. You are in. They didn't, they are out. Wah! Wah! Waaaaah!

BB plays too many games which is why only diehards are watching. If there were 13 games and 1 championship game then people would be watching.

Combined with bowl season + the popularity of football + playoffs means many aren't watching.

That said, Ohio St made a game out of this. I thought it was over.

Maybe tebow will improve, but right now he sucks.

Agreed. Dude has cred on the field, but sucks balls as an announcer. I wish him all the best, but hope he just goes away. His speech isn't fluid. Very. Short. While. He's. Making. A. Point.

Back