What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sugar Bowl

so I wonder what people would be saying about Luck if he played QB for Arkansas last night. The team did Mallet no favors.

so I wonder what people would be saying about Luck if he played QB for Arkansas last night. The team did Mallet no favors.

The thing that separates the two guys is pocket presence IMO. This is not just an observation from the game last night, but watching both play several games this year. Both guys clearly have NFL arms, but Mallett seems a bit more stiff and not quite as athletic/mobile as Luck.

The thing that separates the two guys is pocket presence IMO. This is not just an observation from the game last night, but watching both play several games this year. Both guys clearly have NFL arms, but Mallett seems a bit more stiff and not quite as athletic/mobile as Luck.

I don't think anybody would dispute that (although a few people here have tried), I just thought that Luck has an amazing o-line and was throwing to wide open receivers all night and people were saying what an incredible game. I think Mallet would have done just as well as luck if he played in his place in the Orange bowl. I guess my #1 question is did you come away more impressed with Mallet after last night or less. The guy made plays when he had to and put the ball in good spots for a catch.

I don't think anybody would dispute that (although a few people here have tried), I just thought that Luck has an amazing o-line and was throwing to wide open receivers all night and people were saying what an incredible game. I think Mallet would have done just as well as luck if he played in his place in the Orange bowl. I guess my #1 question is did you come away more impressed with Mallet after last night or less. The guy made plays when he had to and put the ball in good spots for a catch.

It's hard for me to make a read on Mallett after last night's game. As has been pointed out, he had no time and his wr were horrible.

One flag that kinda was raised was his composure. He did seem to lose his head several times when the OSU guys were holding on a bit to long or twisting him a bit after the play was over. You could tell that the osu guys thought "we're in this guy's head, let's keep it up." I definitely think he got rattled a bit there.

About the same. I have never been all that impressed with Mallett's composure and last night did nothing to change my impression. I would have serious reservations about Mallett being the face of my NFL franchise.

About the same. I have never been all that impressed with Mallett's composure and last night did nothing to change my impression. I would have serious reservations about Mallett being the face of my NFL franchise.

Dan McGwire part 2. He is a statue his footwork is awful. His off filed character issues are Pac man like also. Mallet is Mr. Free fall in this coming NFL draft. Strong indications are he is a coke head and if you you tube any interviews on him. You will walk away from this kid very fast.

Mallet has a great arm, no doubt. But didn't he end the Auburn game with a pick too? Something has to be said for winning in the clutch. He doesn't seem to have as much presence and doesn't seem to step up into the pocket. He'll still be a top pick, because he has the experience. I just don't think he's a better Qb than Luck.

Who's the dum ass who neg repped me on my comments on Mallet? Yes I do know about Mallet and I would imagine I know more than the damn fool who neg repped me lol.

Who's the dum ass who neg repped me on my comments on Mallet? Yes I do know about Mallet and I would imagine I know more than the damn fool who neg repped me lol.

Did you say something about nailing tg's mom? Could anything you have ever posted at any time even be construed as having nailed tg's mom? A comment about her pegleg or eye patch? Her unibrow? Follow these clues and may the force be with you. And some good antibiotics - assuming you nailed tg's mom. Of course, who hasn't?

assuming you nailed tg's mom. Of course, who hasn't?

I can say that I have not. I tried, but apparently wasn't her type. When asked why, she replied, "It takes a Palomino to satisfy me." Understandable for a woman who's been around the block a time or two.

I was mainly talking about how he was with his players on ESPN when I wrote that he was a douche. I don't see him going into a home and making a player actually want to play for him.

O rly? How do you think he got the players he has? He actually reminds me of Mac to a degree. A father figure. A man of faith and stability. He's got some excellent players to come to tOSU and they have more or less dominated the Big 10 for nearly a decade now. Were they overall number 1 this year? No. But they were damn good. Douche or not he's a winner.

O rly? How do you think he got the players he has? He actually reminds me of Mac to a degree. A father figure. A man of faith and stability. He's got some excellent players to come to tOSU and they have more or less dominated the Big 10 for nearly a decade now. Were they overall number 1 this year? No. But they were damn good. Douche or not he's a winner.

He gets the players. I just don't get how. Mac was a great speaker and motivator I just don't see that with Tressell. Maybe I am just a hater.

Back