What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Suggestions for an All-Buff coaching staff

WR Coach

Darrin Chiaverini
From Corona, CA
First ever winner of the Buffalo Heart Award
Team Captain as senior

NFL player from 1999-2002
AFL player from 2004-2006

Finished his CU degree in 2006 (then in 2009 got a Master's in Human Performance and Sport Sciences from New Mexico Highlands University)

2010 Riverside City College Recruiting Coordinator/ Associate Head Coach
2009 UCLA Special Teams Assistant
2007-2008 Mt. San Antonio College Co-Offensive Coordinator/ WR Coach

Yep. Let's not do retread Buff coaches. So someone like Cabral or Embree is fair game but choosing someone like Dorrell isn't. I'm interested to see what we can come up with, what positions are stacked, and where we may look a bit light. Hopefully it will be fun. And I think we'll actually end up with a pretty impressive list.

Not to be a killjoy, but this is a pointless fantasy.

lighten up Francis we know that.

WR Coach

Darrin Chiaverini
From Corona, CA
First ever winner of the Buffalo Heart Award
Team Captain as senior

NFL player from 1999-2002
AFL player from 2004-2006

Finished his CU degree in 2006 (then in 2009 got a Master's in Human Performance and Sport Sciences from New Mexico Highlands University)

2010 Riverside City College Recruiting Coordinator/ Associate Head Coach
2009 UCLA Special Teams Assistant
2007-2008 Mt. San Antonio College Co-Offensive Coordinator/ WR Coach

woah no way, he coaches at RCC? I was at a high school game a couple of weeks ago and I was sitting by a guy that was recruiting for RCC.

I think this is a fun exercise...even if futile...

QB - Mike Moschetti; he's doing well as a HC in CA. Knowledge of the game doesn't always transfer to teaching it. Mike has shown he can teach it...Koy isn't even coaching anywhere is he?
RB - EB
OL - Brock or Leewunberg
TE - Embree or Fauria. Whatever happened to Fauria?
WR - Cormier or Westbrook. While Cormier is actualy a coach, Westbrook does camps and was the better player. Westbrook also has some honed in swagger through his MMA stuff. I put him last, but he is a great coach - Logan.
DL - Steed
LB - Cabral. However, since he might be let go with the current staff (even though he's a great coach), I'd look at Woolfork. He's did well at East and has CO HS ties. Russell is my favorite CU LB, so I like him too. Brown was great too...whatever happened to him?
DB - Lewis or Hudson
ST - Berger or Branch. Why don't we get a kicking coach AND another to help with other aspects?

He's a studio guy on Versus.

We've got a lot of players working in media.

Kordell's with ESPN. Pritchard is with ESPN and also does the UNLV games. Leeuwenberg works for The Mountain. There are more, I think.

QB - Mike Moschetti; he's doing well as a HC in CA. Knowledge of the game doesn't always transfer to teaching it. Mike has shown he can teach it...Koy isn't even coaching anywhere is he?
RB - EB
OL - Brock or Leewunberg
WR - Cormier or Westbrook. While Cormier is actualy a coach, Westbrook does camps and was the better player. Westbrook also has some honed in swagger through his MMA stuff. I put him last, but he is a great coach - Logan.
DL - Steed
LB - Cabral. However, since he might be let go with the current staff (even though he's a great coach), I'd look at Woolfork. He's did well at East and has CO HS ties. Russell is my favorite CU LB, so I like him too. Brown was great too...whatever happened to him?
DB - Lewis or Hudson
ST - Berger or Branch. Why don't we get a kicking coach AND another to help with other aspects?
Good names in there! I hadn't thought of MM for QB coach, but after thinking about it, he's definitely my choice over Koy or Klatt.

QB Coach: Koy Detmer

RB Coach: Eric Bienemy

WR Coach: Scotty McKnight

TE Coach: Jon Embree

OL Coach: Victor Rogers

DB Coach: David Gibbs

LB Coach: Brian Cabral

DL Coach: Art Walker

ST Coach: Will have to think on this one...

I missed these at first. I didn't see that you'd edited in the guys.

How the hell are we missing David Gibbs? He's actually one of the most qualified ex-Buffs to get the HC job but we never talk about him. His resume blows every other former player's out of the water if we're looking for an "in the family" hire. At the college level, he's been a Defensive Coordinator at Minnesota and Auburn. He's also spent 9 years in the NFL as a DB coach.

In addition to the above, Moschetti has by far, I think, the best So Cal recruiting connections of anybody mentioned.

How the hell are we missing David Gibbs? He's actually one of the most qualified ex-Buffs to get the HC job but we never talk about him. His resume blows every other former player's out of the water if we're looking for an "in the family" hire. At the college level, he's been a Defensive Coordinator at Minnesota and Auburn. He's also spent 9 years in the NFL as a DB coach.

Where is David Gibbs now?

Brown was great too...whatever happened to him?

Chad's got an exotic pets business in Littleton called Pro Exotics. I'm pretty sure that other people ran it while he was in the NFL, so he doesn't have to be full-time with it at all.

He an extremely big asshole from what I have heard in Auburn circles. He was only there one year and did not make many friends. He is not HC material, think he could get a look at DC though.

Back