What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sunday Schadenfreude Corn Style

2014Week12-6.png

Sparkles will be the next coach at :rip:cornholio:rip:.

That match up in a couple of years could be so ****ing fun if this happened.

I think sparkles has bad blood for Mac. Mac embarrassed him at SJSU, and his first year.

Book marking this thread for the game with the Huskers in 2 years. We'll see how things change or stay the same with both programs.
CAN'T WAIT

What I can't figure out is how Nebraska scored 24 points in this game. They were outgained 627-180!

Well my woman loved it, she likes CU but is a big Wiscy fan. I made her watch the 2001 Nebraska game and believe me, she let me know plenty about this one lol.

I keep hearing my nub friends on facebook talk about getting a coach that does it the Nebraska way. What the hell is the Nebraska way? Steroids and hiding guns? Dragging women down the stairs by their hair? I can't believe the lie has been perpetuated so much that Nebraska is some sort of mecca for classiness.

I keep hearing my nub friends on facebook talk about getting a coach that does it the Nebraska way. What the hell is the Nebraska way? Steroids and hiding guns? Dragging women down the stairs by their hair? I can't believe the lie has been perpetuated so much that Nebraska is some sort of mecca for classiness.

They live in their own little world of red polyester. They think if they repeat it often enough it is true. To them Dr. Tom was the exemplar of classy, the Phillips incident was a demonstration of compassion and guidance to a lost soul in need of fatherly guidance.

Anyone who states anything different is deported from the land of red and John Deere green.

To most of them the answer to every problem is a return to the glory days. Bring in a coach who is either a former kNU player or coach, or better both. Run the I-bone, bow to Lincoln, and all will be well in the world again.

They live in their own little world of red polyester. They think if they repeat it often enough it is true. To them Dr. Tom was the exemplar of classy, the Phillips incident was a demonstration of compassion and guidance to a lost soul in need of fatherly guidance.

Anyone who states anything different is deported from the land of red and John Deere green.

To most of them the answer to every problem is a return to the glory days. Bring in a coach who is either a former kNU player or coach, or better both. Run the I-bone, bow to Lincoln, and all will be well in the world again.

You know your doing it right if you've got a few guys like this making off the field problems. Conversely, it really happens everywhere but because of the high profile there at the time it gets more media attention.

It's carved in 1950's soviet era concrete over every entrance, so it must be true.

best-fans.jpg

Anger management needs to be fired...he isn't going to take them to the next level.

This is a dangerous line of thinking.

With Pelini - the Huskers have gone 9-4, 10-4, 10-4, 9-4, 10-4 and 9-4. They are about to go 10-2 this season.

What is the "next level" that the Huskers want to go to?

Get rid of Pelini and there is just as good a chance that the "next level" is 7-5.

Firing a coach who has never won less than 9 game would be like OU firing Bob Stoops. Ridiculous.

With Pelini - the Huskers have gone 9-4, 10-4, 10-4, 9-4, 10-4 and 9-4. They are about to go 10-2 this season.

Get rid of Pelini and there is just as good a chance that the "next level" is 7-5.

Firing a coach who has never won less than 9 game would be like OU firing Bob Stoops. Ridiculous.
I'm sure 99% of them think Saban, Harbaugh, Meyer, etc. would find unl to be their ultimate dream job.

I hate the Corn and I love Bo Peep. I watched the entire game. It's all I got these days (I have two favorite teams, CU and whoever is playing NU).

Bo is just good enough to keep his job. But they are not a better program than before he got there. They just have an easy division just like in the old BTN days - and they are no better than mid-level P5. Hopefully he can keep going in Lincoln.

Come on Frank. They had one decent win, which was against Miami when they were struggling with the QB of the week, so that is even debatable.

The only really good team they've played well is Michigan State, and that game wasn't as close as the final score - with Nebraska down 27-3 before scoring three touchdowns in the fourth quarter.

Then came Wisconsin. That was a complete and total blowout in the most embarrassing way. Record means much less in this case than style points.

I hate the Corn and I love Bo Peep. I watched the entire game. It's all I got these days (I have two favorite teams, CU and whoever is playing NU).

Bo is just good enough to keep his job. But they are not a better program than before he got there. They just have an easy division just like in the old BTN days - and they are no better than mid-level P5. Hopefully he can keep going in Lincoln.

A good question is can they ever reach that elite level again.

They used to be able to bring in elite recruits from Texas with the promise that they would get at least one or two games a year in Texas and be on TV there for others. Also it seems as if the top recruits are less willing to go to places with lousy weather and less desirable settings than they used to. The B1G, Notre Dame, teams in the northeastern US all seem to be losing out on recruits to the schools in sun belt states or in more culturally interesting places like the pacific northwest, etc. CU has an image as a cold weather school but we can recruit on our mostly nice weather and the Boulder image as a haven for young people.

Come on Frank. They had one decent win, which was against Miami when they were struggling with the QB of the week, so that is even debatable.

The only really good team they've played well is Michigan State, and that game wasn't as close as the final score - with Nebraska down 27-3 before scoring three touchdowns in the fourth quarter.

Then came Wisconsin. That was a complete and total blowout in the most embarrassing way. Record means much less in this case than style points.

Bo Peep has a 5-18 lifetime record against teams that end the season ranked.

Given they were having losing seasons under Bill Callahan, and Bo Pelini's worst season was 9-4 - I don't know how anyone can say they are "not a better program than before he got there."

Callahan -
2004: 5-6
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-5
2007: 5-7

Pelini:
2008: 9-4
2009: 10-4
2010: 10-4
2011: 9-4
2012: 10-4
2013: 9-4
2014: 10-2 (projected)

Pelini may not be on the same level as the 1980's and 1990's Tom Osborne, but he's quite a big step up from Bill Callahan.

If Nebraska isn't satisfied with 9+ win seasons every year, which is what Pelini brings, they are fools.

The Big Ten is a bad conference and will continue to slide down the ranks of the P5 conferences.

While Ohio still produces good high quality talents, and PA does as well, most of Big Ten country is starting to lag behind the rest of the country in terms of quality recruits. This is a result of general population shifting, but also because of things like school budgets cuts. I can't find the article to link it, but I believe the number of kids playing HS football in PA has decreased something like 30% from its high a couple of decades ago. That's nuts.

NU picked a bad conference to go to and a bad time to do it. They are struggling enough that they're not getting the national exposure they used to get, and they're in a conference where only Ohio State is in a position to make waves nationally.

A good question is can they ever reach that elite level again.

They used to be able to bring in elite recruits from Texas with the promise that they would get at least one or two games a year in Texas and be on TV there for others. Also it seems as if the top recruits are less willing to go to places with lousy weather and less desirable settings than they used to. The B1G, Notre Dame, teams in the northeastern US all seem to be losing out on recruits to the schools in sun belt states or in more culturally interesting places like the pacific northwest, etc. CU has an image as a cold weather school but we can recruit on our mostly nice weather and the Boulder image as a haven for young people.

Its pretty unprecedented to be able to go from The BobFather to Dr. Tom and string that much success together. So they're due for their miserable fan years. Lets also not forget the Dr. Tom had a lot of years in between 1973 and 1994 (his first undefeated season) where he did quite well in conference but couldn't put it all together. Im sure there were those in the 70s that remembered Devaney and wanted a change.

Bo Peep has a 5-18 lifetime record against teams that end the season ranked.

That can be the kiss of death in the modern era.

Devaney was 19-14-1 against teams that were ranked at the end of the season.
Osborne was 57-41-1 against teams that were ranked at the end of the season.

I think he's a good coach. Bo Peep may need to shake up his staff. Its likely Osborne didn't get to where he was late in his career because he didn't have Charlie McBride until the end.

Given they were having losing seasons under Bill Callahan, and Bo Pelini's worst season was 9-4 - I don't know how anyone can say they are "not a better program than before he got there."

Callahan -
2004: 5-6
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-5
2007: 5-7

Pelini:
2008: 9-4
2009: 10-4
2010: 10-4
2011: 9-4
2012: 10-4
2013: 9-4
2014: 10-2 (projected)

Pelini may not be on the same level as the 1980's and 1990's Tom Osborne, but he's quite a big step up from Bill Callahan.

If Nebraska isn't satisfied with 9+ win seasons every year, which is what Pelini brings, they are fools.

I dunno. Yeah, you have a point about the 9+ win thing, but it has to be getting old. They've been nationally relevant enough and recently enough that a return to that stature seems attainable. They seem perpetually on the doorstep of that return, only to lose the big games year after year. And they get annihilated on national TV at least once a year.

I could see them thinking it's time to pull the trigger on Bo.

The funny thing is this isn't really about winning the big games for Nebraska. All my friends and family don't like Bo because of his attitude. If Mike Riley was their coach they wouldn't be clamoring for his firing.

I dunno. Yeah, you have a point about the 9+ win thing, but it has to be getting old. They've been nationally relevant enough and recently enough that a return to that stature seems attainable. They seem perpetually on the doorstep of that return, only to lose the big games year after year. And they get annihilated on national TV at least once a year.

Its understandable for their fans to feel like this 4 loss stuff is beneath them but its not realistic.

There are a lot of other prestigious programs like Alabama, Oklahoma, Miami, USC, that lost their winning ways and lost them for long spans of time. Those teams turned in multiple seasons far worse than Pelini has. Id give my left nut to be regularly 9-4/10-4 again. And for the record I think the Buffs DESERVE to be better than they are.

But reality is another matter; There are a lot more external factors and a little luck involved in pulling of that extremely elusive coaching upgrade.

The Big Ten is a bad conference and will continue to slide down the ranks of the P5 conferences.

While Ohio still produces good high quality talents, and PA does as well, most of Big Ten country is starting to lag behind the rest of the country in terms of quality recruits. This is a result of general population shifting, but also because of things like school budgets cuts. I can't find the article to link it, but I believe the number of kids playing HS football in PA has decreased something like 30% from its high a couple of decades ago. That's nuts.

NU picked a bad conference to go to and a bad time to do it. They are struggling enough that they're not getting the national exposure they used to get, and they're in a conference where only Ohio State is in a position to make waves nationally.

Hindsight is 20/20. I thought they made the right decision at the time once it was clear Texas had destroyed the conference thru its own greed.

Unfortunately - once that genie is out of the bottle, it can never be put back inside.

With remaining games against Minnesota and Iowa, chances are decent that Nebraska wins 10 games in the regular season. If they win their bowl game, that's 11 wins. It would take huge balls to fire a coach who wins 11 games.

Big name coaches are not going to be interested in a football program that fires their head coach after he had the best season of his coaching career.

Will Pelini ever get the Huskers back into national championship contention? Maybe not - but you know what you get with Bo Pelini. 9+ wins every year. If the AD makes a coaching change, he had better be sure the next coach is going to do better - or it will be his ass that is unemployed thereafter.

Slowpitch went 9-4, 12-1, 10-2, 11-2, 7-7, and 9-3, won a conference championship, and played for a national championship and they kicked his ass to the curb. CU has a more recent conference title than the corn. I say Pelini is NU's R.C. Slocum, they should let him go.

I hope that they fire mr. personality and bring in a new "hot" coach. I hope that they come into the game against us in a couple years ranked and talking all the usual trash that they talk. I hope we put up a 1000 yards of offense on them and their children squirt tears of rage on national tv.

It could happen.

Back