What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sunday Schadenfreude Corn Style

Hindsight is 20/20. I thought they made the right decision at the time once it was clear Texas had destroyed the conference thru its own greed.

I thought they did too, and it's hard to argue that leaving the Big 12 was a bad idea. It just happened to be at a bad time for them, and while it was the only logical move for them, it would appear that in the long term it will most likely be a bad place for them.

Unfortunately - once that genie is out of the bottle, it can never be put back inside.

With remaining games against Minnesota and Iowa, chances are decent that Nebraska wins 10 games in the regular season. If they win their bowl game, that's 11 wins. It would take huge balls to fire a coach who wins 11 games.

Big name coaches are not going to be interested in a football program that fires their head coach after he had the best season of his coaching career.

Will Pelini ever get the Huskers back into national championship contention? Maybe not - but you know what you get with Bo Pelini. 9+ wins every year. If the AD makes a coaching change, he had better be sure the next coach is going to do better - or it will be his ass that is unemployed thereafter.

I'm holding out hope that the Hawkeyes get on a roll, beat Wisconsin and Nebraska (both games are in Iowa City), and pull a stunner in the Big Ten championship.

Slowpitch went 9-4, 12-1, 10-2, 11-2, 7-7, and 9-3, won a conference championship, and played for a national championship and they kicked his ass to the curb. CU has a more recent conference title than the corn. I say Pelini is NU's R.C. Slocum, they should let him go.

Steve Pederson thought he was smarter than he actually was. He was fired in part for that transgression but more for letting the Caliban invade Lincoln.

I hope that they fire mr. personality and bring in a new "hot" coach. I hope that they come into the game against us in a couple years ranked and talking all the usual trash that they talk. I hope we put up a 1000 yards of offense on them and their children squirt tears of rage on national tv.

It could happen.

Rick Neuheisel is available. :bounce:

Its understandable for their fans to feel like this 4 loss stuff is beneath them but its not realistic.

There are a lot of other prestigious programs like Alabama, Oklahoma, Miami, USC, that lost their winning ways and lost them for long spans of time. Those teams turned in multiple seasons far worse than Pelini has. Id give my left nut to be regularly 9-4/10-4 again. And for the record I think the Buffs DESERVE to be better than they are.

But reality is another matter; There are a lot more external factors and a little luck involved in pulling of that extremely elusive coaching upgrade.

I, also, would give Miami's left nut for that kind of W-L record.

Unfortunately - once that genie is out of the bottle, it can never be put back inside.

With remaining games against Minnesota and Iowa, chances are decent that Nebraska wins 10 games in the regular season. If they win their bowl game, that's 11 wins. It would take huge balls to fire a coach who wins 11 games.

Big name coaches are not going to be interested in a football program that fires their head coach after he had the best season of his coaching career.

Will Pelini ever get the Huskers back into national championship contention? Maybe not - but you know what you get with Bo Pelini. 9+ wins every year. If the AD makes a coaching change, he had better be sure the next coach is going to do better - or it will be his ass that is unemployed thereafter.

Agreed. Wrong sport, but I see a parallel in when the Nuggets let Karl go. He may have reached a ceiling, but the team can only go down hill when you let go of an otherwise pretty good coach.

I think Minnesota beats them. The Gophers are playing some very solid football. They had their chances against OSU - a team that has a lot more raw talent than they have. Jerry Kill is getting it done in Minnesota.

Agreed. Wrong sport, but I see a parallel in when the Nuggets let Karl go. He may have reached a ceiling, but the team can only go down hill when you let go of an otherwise pretty good coach.

They fired Solich after a 9 win season. A lot of fusker fans think they are entitled to something better than what they have right now.

Some big name coaches will be turned off by a program that fires a 10 win coach. Others will look at it and think that they are better and it won't happen to them. As much as we may make fun of the red hords you have a pretty high basement when they fill that stadium every game at premium prices regardless of the opponent, travel as well as they do, and have the financial resources that come with their status as the cultural center of life in that state.

I am certain that there are coaches out there who will look at the program as it is and think that if they were coach the program would be in NC contention, that is the nature of coaches.

Goalline is probably closer to right though, they are much more likely to go down than up with a coaching change. I don't think the things preventing them from being elite are necessarily tied to coaching.

Bad time for kNU to be looking for a coach though. With Florida & (most likely) Michigan open, the big names will be way more attracted to either of those jobs than the one in Lincoln. That'd be a hard pill for Husker fans to swallow - knowing that they'd be the 3rd option of any of the top names.

Two morsels to enjoy....

From Steve Sipple
"....There's a cumulative effect of the body blows Nebraska has withstood dating to, really, a stunning 62-36 loss at Colorado in 2001. The repeated humiliations on national television sap the spirit...."

From Sean Callahan
"....With Gordon's NCAA record of 408 yards rushing, Nebraska has now given up the most individual rushing and receiving yards in NCAA history. Louisiana Tech receiver Tory Edwards still holds the NCAA receiving mark of 405 yards from the 1998 season."

watched every minute of the badgers o-line just pancaking fuskers at random!

They live in their own little world of red polyester. They think if they repeat it often enough it is true. To them Dr. Tom was the exemplar of classy, the Phillips incident was a demonstration of compassion and guidance to a lost soul in need of fatherly guidance.

Anyone who states anything different is deported from the land of red and John Deere green.

To most of them the answer to every problem is a return to the glory days. Bring in a coach who is either a former kNU player or coach, or better both. Run the I-bone, bow to Lincoln, and all will be well in the world again.
Sounds alot like some people that want everything to be just like Bill Mac did it here.

I just want CU to dominate like they fid back then. Don't care how it's accomplished.

I always forget, is giving up a record rushing day something a leader does or Is it a legend?

I always forget, is giving up a record rushing day something a leader does or Is it a legend?

Leader. They lead the NCAA is rushing yards allowed in one game. A task that is legendary.

Wait. I don't know.

Leader. They lead the NCAA is rushing yards allowed in one game. A task that is legendary.

Wait. I don't know.
Dig a little deeper and you will find they hold the most receiving yards allowed to one player as well.... just sayin.

It's amazing to me that in our dumpster fire year of 2012 we didn't have a bunch of those kinds of records set against us.

It's amazing to me that in our dumpster fire year of 2012 we didn't have a bunch of those kinds of records set against us.

That was my first thought. How did nebraska accomplish this, when we couldn't? Always the bridesmaids!

Might have been because they guys who could do it were on the bench by halftime. :cry:

Back