What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Supa Dupa Tuba Cheer

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Had to leave at half due to a toddler meltdown but does someone want to tell me where it was Saturday and how quickly CU is going to right that wrong tomorrow night?

I think it was in the 2nd half on Saturday, but I can't tell you exactly where. I fell asleep when the game was still close.

If you don't like it, ignore it. It's one of those things that they use to fill a TV timeout. I don't care a lot either way but my kids love stuff like that.

These are the kinds of things that make going to college sporting events fun. It is dumb, it's goofy, it's a bunch of college kids doing what college kids do.

If you want some kind of choreographed professional act that has been run through the marketing department then go to a Nuggets game.

The other alternative is to have the fans staring at an empty floor during time outs.

Rumblin said that they did it at the women's game. Which makes this even more baffling.

The SDTC was definitely done at the WBB game versus Wisconsin. In fact I remember counting up the Tubas and there were, if memory serves, eight of them … most I ever remember seeing.

I did the same counting because I was so surprised at how many there were.

Also, had this not been a Colorado live stream, I would not have seen it. That means there would have been no way for me to see it at the men's game on Saturday as that was televised on Pac-12N

Although the youngest is following in his brothers' volleyball footsteps, he plays a mean tuba. I have ancillary dreams of him being part of the CU Basketball band playing the Super Duper Tuba. Very disappointing if this fizzled out.

I am also furious.

This is some bull$hit. The tuba cheer is a Colorado institution and I can’t believe they sent it off to a farm upstate without any sort of explanation. I’m already thinking about the angry message I will be sending to the AD tomorrow.

I'm not happy about this development. In the SDTC, I thought I had actually discovered an in-game collegiate musical tradition more cheesy than dancing the Hokie-Pokie.

edit: well, maybe "as cheesy as dancing the Hokie-Pokie"

edit 2: no, that's not fair. as cheesy as the SDTC is, it's not nearly as bad as the H-P. <shakes it all about>

I'm not happy about this development. In the SDTC, I thought I had actually discovered an in-game collegiate musical tradition more cheesy than dancing the Hokie-Pokie.

edit: well, maybe "as cheesy as dancing the Hokie-Pokie"

edit 2: no, that's not fair. as cheesy as the SDTC is, it's not nearly as bad as the H-P. <shakes it all about>

I can't believe you guys do the hokie pokie...I did not know this. Yes, that's lame. Another lame one I can think of is Utah State used to sing I'm a Little Teapot under the leadership of some superfan. I thought that was the lamest thing I had ever seen. I don't think they do it anymore though.

But as lame as all of these things are, like others said, it's tradition. Duke surfs the devil, and it's really not that great, especially if you're regular game attendee and have seen it dozens of times, or even just twice. It's fun - it's college sports; lame **** is acceptable.

Even if they only have 2 tuba players this year, they need to figure something out to keep it going.

Back