What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Support or Retort: Colorado can win at least 5 of 7 games on February

WIll Colorado go .500 in the month of February

• Yessir

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Hell nah

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Justin M Guerriero

Club Member
Club Member
After Colorado's two straight Pac-12 wins over OSU and No. 10 Oregon, and taking into consideration that the team lost its previous three games (USC, Washington and Wazzu) by a combined seven points, with the latter two losses coming in OT, I'm interested to hear people's expectations for this squad in the month of February.

Here's the team's schedule:

Thurs Feb 2 @ Stanford (11-9, 3-5 Pac-12)

Sun Feb 5 @ Cal (14-6, 5-3 Pac-12)

Rematch with Washington at home, Thurs, Feb 9 (9-12, 2-7 Pac-12)

Rematch with Wazzu at home, Sun, Feb 12 (11-10, 4-5 Pac-12)

Thurs, Feb 16 @ OSU (4-18, 0-9 Pac-12)

Sat, Feb 18 @ Oregon (19-3, 8-1 Pac-12)

Thurs Feb 23 vs Utah (15-6, 6-3 Pac-12)

Obviously, the road match with Oregon will be likely the toughest game for Colorado to win in February. Cal and Utah will be good games, too. I expect and quite honestly, demand, a furious display of good Colorado basketball against Washington and Wazzu. Those two are still stinging losses for this team and I'd be quite surprised if Tad and the players haven't circled the games in red marker on their calendars.

I'll take the support side of the above title. Buffs go 5-2 in February, lose to Oregon and Utah on the road to close out the month, but handle Stanford this upcoming Thursday, take down a good Cal team, enact revenge on the Huskies and Cougs, and dispatch the Oregon State Beavers with more ease than last time.

Thoughts? Am I an idiot?

Your scenario is plausible, but that alone does not confirm whether or not you are an idiot.

I doubt we beat both Stanford and Cal on the road (if either), but wouldn't at all be surprised if we beat Utah at home. I'm expecting a sweep of remaining home games, with all road games tenuous (even OSU).

The team that showed up Saturday evening goes 6-1 or 7-0 in February. The team that showed up the first 8 games of conference play goes 2-5 or 1-6. I'll hope for the former.

I think 99 Buff has it right. We have known for a while this team has the talent to beat the top teams, but it also lacks the effort and focus (and perhaps that togetherness that teams need) to be consistent winners. If I had to put money on it I would bet 2-5. With that being said, I think this team will remain an mystery until the season is done, we just won't know which team will show up until the games are played.

I think 99 Buff has it right. We have known for a while this team has the talent to beat the top teams, but it also lacks the effort and focus (and perhaps that togetherness that teams need) to be consistent winners. If I had to put money on it I would bet 2-5. With that being said, I think this team will remain an mystery until the season is done, we just won't know which team will show up until the games are played.
Right, given that either the 'good Buffs' or 'bad Buffs' will likely take turns showing up, I'm guessing 4-3 or 3-4 is likely.

I have a strategy suggestion for Tad. Since the team has tended to play to the level of the competition, try to convince the guys of the incredible talent and ability of the upcoming opponent, whoever it is. (Actually I assume that's standard coaching strategy already...)

Maybe it is the mortality of the senior year. Not many games left and need to win to prolong careers.
Before there was always another game but those are almost at its end. Hopefully they go on a run especially with lots of home games down the road.

Back