What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle Media Presser Notes and Discussions

I think with the new hand checking rules that they implemented last year, I'm surprised more teams aren't trying to go more uptempo. Glad Tad has seen it.

I think with the new hand checking rules that they implemented last year, I'm surprised more teams aren't trying to go more uptempo. Glad Tad has seen it.
Key is not just trying but also execution of an uptempo offense. Tad has somewhat struggled with that since he got here.

Last edited:
Key is not just trying but also execution of an uptempo offense. Tad has somewhat struggled with that since he got here.

I wouldn't say "struggled", although heretofore, in Tad's mind, uptempo "O" interfered with the emphasis on defense and rebounding in his overall scheme.

His first year featured an uptempo O that was ranked among the Top Ten nationally. But rather than take pride in that, you instead hear Tad muse about how they couldn't defend anybody that season.

Sounds as if he's adapting, particularly with the changes dictated by the emphasis on eliminating hand-checking.

In the past he'd much rather have won a game by 60-55, instead of 89-78.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, they put wes on UCLA's PG last year (anderson?) and we severely limited him. I think wes could be the guy, but mentally he wasnt quite there last year.

As terrero noted Slo-Mo was a different breed more of a point-forward than a PG, while Wes did a nice job on him that isnt a model to guard most Pac12 guards.

I wouldn't say "struggled", although heretofore, in Tad's mind, uptempo "O" interfered with the emphasis on defense and rebounding in his overall scheme.

His first year featured an uptempo O that was ranked among the Top Ten nationally. But rather than take pride in that, you instead hear Tad muse about how they couldn't defend anybody that season.

Sounds as if he's adapting, particularly with the changes dictated by the emphasis on eliminating hand-checking.

In the past he'd much rather have won a game by 60-55, instead of 89-78.

I also seem to recall Tad saying he'd happily run with annyone but that most teams (pre Spencer injury) had no interest in running with us.

I also seem to recall Tad saying he'd happily run with annyone but that most teams (pre Spencer injury) had no interest in running with us.

Isn't that the perfect scenario for Boyle to run then? We dictate the offensive tempo and they still try and set up in the halfcourt?

Isn't that the perfect scenario for Boyle to run then? We dictate the offensive tempo and they still try and set up in the halfcourt?

Just looked it up, it was in reference to Oregon last year. A team that did not operate much out of the half court.

Haven't we seen this "up tempo" promise before only to see it never materialize? Ricardo Patton maybe?

Synonymous with football coaches saying they're going to be more "physical" this year.

Back