What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle Recruiting

It would be shocking to me if Bey or Kin returned next season. I'm following recruiting under the assumption that next season will need to replace them along with Siewert and Gatling.

I'd be suprised if Kin is gone. 6' PGs generally don't get drafted high after leaving early. It happens so rarely. The list in my head right now over the last 20 years is like Chris Paul and Ty Lawson. A recent example is Tyler Ulis. Consensus all-American after his sophomore year at Kentucky, was drafted 34th, and is now in the G league.

Tad was just on 92.5. He mentioned having a recruit at the game. Any of you schmucks know who it was? We pay you to know these things and keep us informed, dammit!

Our 3 commits were there. I’m unaware of anyone else. Would be great if there is a surprise dude.
He mentioned the signed guys by name but intimated, I thought, that there was an unsigned recruit. But maybe I misunderstood.

He mentioned the signed guys by name but intimated, I thought, that there was an unsigned recruit. But maybe I misunderstood.
Our 2021 center Verbal was there. Unsigned, so Tad can’t mention by name.

It would be shocking to me if Bey or Kin returned next season. I'm following recruiting under the assumption that next season will need to replace them along with Siewert and Gatling.
You may very well be right! Candidly I think Kin will making a living in the NBA as a backup pg. he has such a killer instinct. He makes a roster, even as a late second round guy.

I’m just not sure on Bey yet. There are so many Athletic 3 and D guys Isn’t that where he ends up? I don’t think he’s a first round guy right now.

Still a lot to play out this year. Big game Sunday

You may very well be right! Candidly I think Kin will making a living in the NBA as a backup pg. he has such a killer instinct. He makes a roster, even as a late second round guy.

I’m just not sure on Bey yet. There are so many Athletic 3 and D guys Isn’t that where he ends up? I don’t think he’s a first round guy right now.

Still a lot to play out this year. Big game Sunday

Some teams will draft Bey in first round just based on his D. I think he is gone after this year.

Some teams will draft Bey in first round just based on his D. I think he is gone after this year.
Most difficult thing to find for today's NBA is a guy on the wing who can crash down to double or guard weak side in the post -- and then have the athleticism to get out to guard the shooter on his wing off a skip pass or kick out. It's why Dre was drafted in the first round. With Bey, you add to that a guy who has good touch and developing range on his jumper. Right now, he's at 43% from 3pt and his FT shooting is 2 straight years at 78% so NBA scouts are going to project that he'll develop into a 3 & D wing. Huge asset for any team and well worth a 1st round pick starting at the end of the lottery.

Tyler has completely dropped out of the top 100 nba draft prospects for 2020 (nbadraft.net)

The 43% is great, but hardly a large enough sample size. And don’t get me wrong. I love him.

But Unless, he blows up on the scoring end in Pac12 play and the tourney.

There’s 10 guys in the Pac12 that will be drafted before him.

He’s coming back.

And this story fits my narrative. We surprise this year and get to the sweet 16. Kin and Bey comeback and lead the BUFFS to a 2021 final four!!!!

Realistically does when if ever do the Dayton and Oregon upsets translate to Tad getting a 4 or yes please 5-Star?

Realistically does when if ever do the Dayton and Oregon upsets translate to Tad getting a 4 or yes please 5-Star?

I had a laugh after seeing that Oregon board post about Tad being a "scumbag"...cause my response was, "I honestly wish he was at least a little sleazy when it came to recruiting!"

I'm compartmentalizing this season, as it's been a blast so far and I absolutely love this team, but the recruiting outlook is no bueno right now. So much so that we have a couple posters, who really know their stuff, attempting to defend a 14% 3 pt high school shooting stat from someone who projects to be a SG/SF for us. Woof.

The only recruit I can really think of, who bucked the trend and got drastically better as a scorer after high school, was George King. Tad needs to drop the pleated khaki mindset and recognize that he is one of the best coaches in the country, and recruit like it. At the same time, Rick George needs to invest in the got dang hoops team!

Tyler has completely dropped out of the top 100 nba draft prospects for 2020 (nbadraft.net)

The 43% is great, but hardly a large enough sample size. And don’t get me wrong. I love him.

But Unless, he blows up on the scoring end in Pac12 play and the tourney.

There’s 10 guys in the Pac12 that will be drafted before him.

He’s coming back.

And this story fits my narrative. We surprise this year and get to the sweet 16. Kin and Bey comeback and lead the BUFFS to a 2021 final four!!!!
He's 34 on the big board.

I had a laugh after seeing that Oregon board post about Tad being a "scumbag"...cause my response was, "I honestly wish he was at least a little sleazy when it came to recruiting!"

I'm compartmentalizing this season, as it's been a blast so far and I absolutely love this team, but the recruiting outlook is no bueno right now. So much so that we have a couple posters, who really know their stuff, attempting to defend a 14% 3 pt high school shooting stat from someone who projects to be a SG/SF for us. Woof.

The only recruit I can really think of, who bucked the trend and got drastically better as a scorer after high school, was George King. Tad needs to drop the pleated khaki mindset and recognize that he is one of the best coaches in the country, and recruit like it. At the same time, Rick George needs to invest in the got dang hoops team!
Umm. Have you seen who else we have committed?

Umm. Have you seen who else we have committed?

A potential, but somewhat unproven, D White 2.0 and a ‘21 7 footer with upside from Wyoming?

I hope these kids all come in and kill it and exceed my expectations, but historically, we do best when we recruit the west coast (or talent hotbeds like Texas) well and supplement with select players from our region.

Given then success Tad has shown he can have as a coach, I’d like to see us reloading when we lose guys like Kin and Bey, as opposed to rebuilding with guys who likely aren’t ready to contribute as underclassmen.

Back