What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle To Host Sixth Annual Colorado Golf Day

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
WGSCZANKHIZABKD.20130723192844.jpg

articleImageBottom.jpg

Photo Courtesy: CUBuffs.com
Tad Boyle To Host Sixth Annual Colorado Golf Day

Release: 07/23/2013 Courtesy: CUBuffs.com

BOULDER — The sixth annual Colorado Golf Day, which benefits the men’s golf program at the University of Colorado, will be hosted for the first time by a school celebrity, with men’s basketball coach Tad Boyle serving in the inaugural role later this summer.

The event is scheduled for Friday, September 20 (the last day of summer), at Colorado National Golf Club in Erie. The 18-hole tournament (“shamble format”) begins at 1:30 p.m., with lunch beforehand, dinner and award afterwards, along with a silent auction.

"We are very excited that Coach Boyle has decided to host Colorado Golf Day,” said head coach Roy Edwards. “This will be our sixth Colorado Golf Day and there is no question having Tad involved will get the event to the next level. This is a unique and phenomenal way for supporters of CU and the CU golf program to interact with members of our team, Coach Boyle and his staff.

“The event is an integral part of the lifeblood of our program. We look forward to a fun day on September 20th."

“I am very honored and excited to serve as the host for Colorado Golf Day,” Boyle said. “This is the signature event to benefit our men’s golf team, Coach Edwards and all the great things that he is doing for the program.” Boyle also has a special affinity for CNGC: it’s where he broke 80 for the first time playing golf, doing so two years ago.

Boyle will play in the event, as he will play in the group with essentially the “highest bidder” to raise funds for the Buffaloes, which concluded the 2012-13 season with an appearance in the NCAA Championships and a No. 58 final ranking. Edwards signed one of the program’s top recruiting classes in recent memory, adding four talented prep performers to the roster.

Individual entries are $400 each, with team entries, hole and other sponsorship opportunities available beginning at $1,000; teams of four will be matched with either a current CU golf team member or program celebrity (coach, alum, etc.) and will cost $2,000 and includes a hole sponsorship.

The net proceeds will help the program with expenses such as recruiting, travel, equipment, training aids and facilities.

For more information and/or to register, please visit www.CUBuffs.com/events and look for Colorado Golf Day, or contact Gabbie Pelloni at 303-492-6141 or gabbie.pelloni@colorado.edu.

Love this event.

I need to get my game in order and put it on my calendar for 2014.

Any of you guys teeing it up this year?

$400 is too rich for my blood. More power to them if they can fill two flights at $400 per person.

Also, did they mean "shamble"? Or "scramble"?

Back