What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle's Actions at the End of the Game

jcatcher

Club Member
Club Member
For those who were at the game:

Did you see Tad get into a heated verbal squabble with Oregon's #21 (Damyean Dotson) at the very end of the game? I have never seen him that close to losing his cool and was shocked that he would do so to a player. After the first incident (it went on for a while) he decided to put in the Larry Bird squad, it seemed to me, as an "in your face" move. There were only ten or 12 seconds left, but putting in the walk-ons with a single digit lead against the #10 team in the country seems out of character for him.

The guy who sits next to me noticed it as well and commented on it.

Did you see Tad get into a heated verbal squabble with Oregon's #21 (Damyean Dotson) at the very end of the game? I have never seen him that close to losing his cool and was shocked that he would do so to a player. After the first incident (it went on for a while) he decided to put in the Larry Bird squad, it seemed to me, as an "in your face" move. There were only ten or 12 seconds left, but putting in the walk-ons with a single digit lead against the #10 team in the country seems out of character for him.

Yes, he also hugged and talked with Dotson after the game. Dotson was angry about Ski's dunk after the whistle. Tad also recruited Dotson pretty hard.

Did you see Pri and Rohn after the handshakes as they were lining up to sing? The coaches wanted this one.

Last edited:

Dotson went at Tad yelling at him about "running up the score" because Ski took that ball to the rack - Boyle fired back at him about fouling when they had no chance of catching up.

The Eff-you was to Altman because Dana had been crying all game - accusing our guys of flopping etc.

I saw Boyle have a back and forth with Dotson on tv last night.

assuming it was the same incident "heated verbal squabble" is a gross mischaracterization.

Dotson said something as he was walking past the Coach (from the right of the screen to the left). Dotson left the frame of the tv. The Coach responded with 2, maybe 3 sentences with his head turned to left side of the screen. Then turned his head to the right side of the screen winked at someone and the camera pulled away.

I'm not a lip reader but he didn't seam to be saying "shut the **** up and focus on loosing the game."

maybe you and I define "heated verbal squabble" differently.

I saw Boyle have a back and forth with Dotson on tv last night.

assuming it was the same incident "heated verbal squabble" is a gross mischaracterization.

Dotson said something as he was walking past the Coach (from the right of the screen to the left). Dotson left the frame of the tv. The Coach responded with 2, maybe 3 sentences with his head turned to left side of the screen. Then turned his head to the right side of the screen winked at someone and the camera pulled away.

I'm not a lip reader but he didn't seam to be saying "shut the **** up and focus on loosing the game."

maybe you and I define "heated verbal squabble" differently.

There was more to it than that. There were at least two "conversations."

This is so freaking awesome. It's so damn fun being relevant in a major sport again.

Definitely was a weird exchange, as you don't normally see the head coach and opposing players talk, while the game is going on.

Definitely was a weird exchange, as you don't normally see the head coach and opposing players talk, while the game is going on.
Yes. I didn't mean to imply that they were on the verge of coming to blows, just an unusual thing to see between a coach and a player.

Did anyone see Iowa's Fran McCaffrey go off on the refs vs. Wisconsin last night? That was a real meltdown. It likely cost his team the game as well, setting up a five point play (one of six FT's was missed.)

After a foul, Altman started crying about Spencer flopping. Tad was yelling back, "We don't flop! We don't flop!" three or four times.

Anyone have video of it by any chance they can post here? I turned to the NFL right after the game ended.

If the player is gonna go over and say something to the coach....the coach has every right to reply. The little part of it they showed last night Boyle seemed poised and just matter of fact about them not fouling.

While the Buffs showed class that reflects their coach, Oregon players represented what their coach is a well....a whiner and someone who thinks they are above the game

How about Dana shuts his mouth and stays off the court. He should be two steps on the court when the ball is on his end of the floor.

Pretty sure Boyle was an assistant at Wichita State while Altman was at Creighton. They may have some history.

Boyle is a college basketball coach and it was a very heated and contested game. I don't have any problem with him talking to the other team's players from time to time, especially if they're acting like little bitches like Oregon's players were.

I was sitting close and their players and Dana Altman were whining/flopping the entire game. Some technicals may have been warranted, especially for Altman. Looks like I've found another team in the Pac-12 to dislike, CU Oregon looks like it could be a good rivalry in the future.

Boyle is a college basketball coach and it was a very heated and contested game. I don't have any problem with him talking to the other team's players from time to time, especially if they're acting like little bitches like Oregon's players were.

I was sitting close and their players and Dana Altman were whining/flopping the entire game. Some technicals may have been warranted, especially for Altman. Looks like I've found another team in the Pac-12 to dislike, CU Oregon looks like it could be a good rivalry in the future.

Except it's hard to look at is a rivalry when CU has beaten UO 5 out of 6 times since joining the Pac-12. I like my rivalries to be more competitive than that.

Except it's hard to look at is a rivalry when CU has beaten UO 5 out of 6 times since joining the Pac-12. I like my rivalries to be more competitive than that.

Give me Zona or give me death.

I recorded the game and re-watched it. That exchange between Tad and the player looked pretty civil to me.

Watching on TV vs live sure gives you a different perspective on fouls and other things.

Back