What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad interview with Yahoo!

jgisland

Club Member
Club Member
Thorburn tweeted this article earlier today, but if anybody missed it, you need to read it.

A couple good parts:

JE: Spencer Dinwiddie is a freshman who is your third leading scorer already. Did you expect him to be a key contributor so quickly?

TB: We were expecting it, yeah. When we recruited him, we told him he was going to have an opportunity to step in and make an impact right away. You never know how it's going to happen, but I will say with Spencer we expected it. We recruited him hard with the idea that this was what we were losing. We had Carlon sitting out and Nate Tomlinson's a senior but other than that the ball was going to be in his hands. Obviously it appealed to him, and he's a guy who hopefully we can build around.

JE: With Spencer thriving for you guys right now and a talented kid like Xavier Johnson on his way next season, you've had success recruiting Southern California. Is that an example of where the move to the Pac-12 has benefited the program?

TB: Absolutely. I think we also did a great job with Askia Booker. He's a guy who can make a lot of baskets as he continues to grow and develop. He's so explosive. He's our sixth man right now coming off the bench. He's a guy that wasn't recruited by any Pac-10 schools, but we pulled the trigger on him. Sometimes you have to out-recruit people. Sometimes you have to out-evaluate them. Hopefully we can do a little bit of both as we continue forward.

JE: I had a chance to see you guys in person last year during the NIT and the crowd support really impressed me. How pleased are you that the enthusiasm for Colorado basketball seems to have carried over into this season?

TB: We've always got room for improvement. Our arena seats 11,000. What I tell people around here is that until those 11,000 seats are sold out for every home game, we've got work to do. With that said, we've had tremendous energy with the crowds we've had. It's a great atmosphere, and you add the atmosphere with the altitude and we've got a recipe for one of the best home-court advantages in the Pac-12. I don't think we're there right now, but we can get there.

thanks - good read. Hopefully, the BB team will show Cal kids CU is a real opition.

Back