What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad's annual player meetings

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
As with every year, will be happening soon.

If anyone is not returning, we should know in the next few weeks before the Spring Signing Period begins on April 12th.

I'm expecting a couple openings.

Seems like there is ZERO team chemistry on the Buffs....and they just lost the best player in a CU uniform since Chauncey....in my opinion....White has much more upside than the Mayor....better now than burks was in his last year...unselfish....good penetrator...excellent stroke....good defender. Hats of to White....he was a bonafide star down the stretch while his teammates clanked shots left and right...

Best case is both Collier and Akyazili leaving or at least coach telling both of them they have almost no chance of any minutes what so ever next year.

Worst case is definitely Peters leaving.

Stupid question, but why do people still like Dom after watching what he has done (or in this case what he hasn't done) for the last three years?

Best case is both Collier and Akyazili leaving or at least coach telling both of them they have almost no chance of any minutes what so ever next year.

Worst case is definitely Peters leaving.

Stupid question, but why do people still like Dom after watching what he has done (or in this case what he hasn't done) for the last three years?

hype fumes linger.

Cause while he's never going to be a star, he's a solid P12 guard that can give you good minutes who will be a senior. This team next year is already going to be super young and Dom can help it, even if he won't ever be what we hoped. Also, the chances of replacing him with someone better are slim.

Finally, he aint leaving unless something changes. Tad is talking like he expects him, King, and Tory back. Didn't really talk about anyone else that has been logging minutes.

Cause while he's never going to be a star, he's a solid P12 guard that can give you good minutes who will be a senior. This team next year is already going to be super young and Dom can help it, even if he won't ever be what we hoped. Also, the chances of replacing him with someone better are slim.

Finally, he aint leaving unless something changes. Tad is talking like he expects him, King, and Tory back. Didn't really talk about anyone else that has been logging minutes.

Please explain how he is a "Solid" player at this level? His stats do not back that up. His leadership is below average and far below that of most PG's. He is absolutely atrocious on defense, a liability which hurts his team every time down the court and on most trips down the court offensively. Very curious on how somehow deems him a solid guard - unless you mean that Tad likes him and it is solid that Tad will allow him to continue with major minutes, undermining the teams progression (similar to the lackluster effort Gordon gave this year - only worse when a PG has the rock in his hands and is making decisions).

Please explain how he is a "Solid" player at this level? His stats do not back that up. His leadership is below average and far below that of most PG's. You don't know that, you are assuming that and are being hyperbolic. Have any evidence? He is absolutely atrocious on defense, a liability which hurts his team every time down the court (#2 in steal % in the P12 this year - but again, not a star by any means, but no, he's not atrocious) and on most trips down the court offensively. (offense is definition of average despite a late season shooting slump - 99.8 in ken pom Ortg) Very curious on how somehow deems him a solid guard - unless you mean that Tad likes him and it is solid that Tad will allow him to continue with major minutes, undermining the teams progression (similar to the lackluster effort Gordon gave this year - only worse when a PG has the rock in his hands and is making decisions).
see bolded. He's a solid rotation piece. Probably replaceable, but with so much turnover already I'm against him leaving.

Dom can shoot the rock, gets to the rim and finishes a little bit, keeps the ball moving, and looked pretty good in the zone defense this year.

I think he's a very useful guy next season who can play either guard spot for stretches and also be on the court at the end of the game as a guy who will knock down around 75% of his FTs.

I thought Peters was starting to play well off the bench and could have used those missed games to enhance his game and experience.

Need him back but he's got to get his head right.

see bolded. He's a solid rotation piece. Probably replaceable, but with so much turnover already I'm against him leaving.

Agree with this.

If Dom is getting starter minutes without taking a big step forward in his game we are in trouble but for a guy to come off the bench and provide a change of pace I think he has value.

I thought Peters was starting to play well off the bench and could have used those missed games to enhance his game and experience.

Need him back but he's got to get his head right.

Quotes from Tad weren't real encouraging.

I hope Peters gets his **** together.

The continued Dom love is a thing that CU boards are rife with. Lots of Corado natives permeate these boards, and local kids get overvalued a lot.

I hope to **** that isn't the case with Schwartz.....

We haven't seemed to overvalue Wes, most have been pretty critical. Hard to argue that we overvalued JScott as well.

Think it depends a lot more on how the player performs and the perception of him as a person than it does being from Colorado. We may be a little generous to Colorado kids but also a little more critical as well.

The continued Dom love is a thing that CU boards are rife with. Lots of Corado natives permeate these boards, and local kids get overvalued a lot.
Haven't seen any overvaluing on Dom here. Nobody has said he is a great player, only that he will be a useful player next season which is accurate.

The only local player I can think of that got overvalued by Buff fans was X Talton.

Please explain how he is a "Solid" player at this level? His stats do not back that up

His box plus/minus over the last 2 years is 2.5 which, literally means that he's worth 2.5 points more than an average player over 100 possessions.

He had the 2nd best 3p% in the PAC12 last year.

No one is hyping him anymore. He's inconsistent & he's more of an undersized 2 guard than a PG.

This isn't the NBA or a top 25 program. We're not in a position to replace above average players.

You beleive Dom is "Above average"? No further questioning your honor!!!

For the Buffs players, he's above average. If it makes you feel any better, you could think of average as 50% and Dom as 51%. But for a guy who can shoot the three, why replace him with a late signee? He's got one more year, and has played plenty of college basketball. Doesn't seem like the best thing to do in this particular scenario. If he were on Duke? Yeah, we'd all be wondering why he took up a scholarship all these years. But we're not Duke.

We're CU. And Dom is above average for our team. I don't think we have to worry about him causing chemistry issues like XJ, or losing his wits like Peters. So...

Back