What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad's letter to CU students

It's really not all that diffucult to understand. Here is the schedule before Thanksgiving break (Nov. 28-29th)

• Wyoming
  • Jackson State
  • Arkansas State
  • UC Santa Barbara
  • Harvard
Outside of Harvard, that's not a good slate of games to rely on good attendance for, as you said this isn't Kentucky, it's going to be tough to expect a packed Keg for all but one or two (Wyoming) games.

Here are the games post-Thanksgiving break up until finals (Dec. 14-19th)
  • Kansas
  • Elon
Here are the games during winter break (Dec. 19th-Jan. 13th)
  • Georgia
  • Oregon State
  • Oregon
The Kansas game will be packed, no doubt about it. Since the Elon game is the day before finals so I wouldn't expect much from student attendance for that one (remember the Wyoming game a few years ago?). We always see a big dip in student attendance during Winter break due to the amount of OOS students at CU. We have Arizona on Feb. 22nd and have a good amount of time to prove that Gameday should come here, fortunately for us Stanford can't sell tickets for any sporting event (check last years Pac 12 Title Game for a reference) and neither can UCLA fans (check out their first home game of the season for reference) so we're not exactly going up against schools that normally sell their games out. It's pretty easy, we're students and for most, academics come before a basketball game where everyone knows we are going to win by 20+ (UT-Martin). For the games against good teams like Harvard and Wyoming, the student attendance will be there and it will be packed. For some, basketball will take precedent over all, and that's awesome but not all students are die-hard fans.

Meet me in person sometime, I'm generally nice to everyone and polite to everyone unless you give me a reason not to (in-person, everyone online is an asshole :thumbsup:) I just try to offset the negativity, it's not my fault that everyone here is smarter than Vegas and other math models :lol:
The Harvard game is on the first Sunday of Thanksgiving break. Most of my friends even the ones from in-state will be home already, so the Harvard attendance could be interesting.

The Harvard game is on the first Sunday of Thanksgiving break. Most of my friends even the ones from in-state will be home already, so the Harvard attendance could be interesting.

Yeah, I don't think many people realize that Harvard is a good team either which won't help

It's really not all that diffucult to understand. Here is the schedule before Thanksgiving break (Nov. 28-29th)

• Wyoming
  • Jackson State
  • Arkansas State
  • UC Santa Barbara
  • Harvard
Outside of Harvard, that's not a good slate of games to rely on good attendance for, as you said this isn't Kentucky, it's going to be tough to expect a packed Keg for all but one or two (Wyoming) games.

Here are the games post-Thanksgiving break up until finals (Dec. 14-19th)
  • Kansas
  • Elon
Here are the games during winter break (Dec. 19th-Jan. 13th)
  • Georgia
  • Oregon State
  • Oregon
The Kansas game will be packed, no doubt about it. Since the Elon game is the day before finals so I wouldn't expect much from student attendance for that one (remember the Wyoming game a few years ago?). We always see a big dip in student attendance during Winter break due to the amount of OOS students at CU. We have Arizona on Feb. 22nd and have a good amount of time to prove that Gameday should come here, fortunately for us Stanford can't sell tickets for any sporting event (check last years Pac 12 Title Game for a reference) and neither can UCLA fans (check out their first home game of the season for reference) so we're not exactly going up against schools that normally sell their games out. It's pretty easy, we're students and for most, academics come before a basketball game where everyone knows we are going to win by 20+ (UT-Martin). For the games against good teams like Harvard and Wyoming, the student attendance will be there and it will be packed. For some, basketball will take precedent over all, and that's awesome but not all students are die-hard fans.

Meet me in person sometime, I'm generally nice to everyone and polite to everyone unless you give me a reason not to (in-person, everyone online is an asshole :thumbsup:) I just try to offset the negativity, it's not my fault that everyone here is smarter than Vegas and other math models :lol:
Wow that was quite the response. Maybe you can use as your role as spokesperson to try to get all the students to the lower-attended games to show that were a better fanbase than we saw Sunday.

Btw, Stanford has drawn better this year in football.

Bummed by the students, but they'll get their **** together by conference play. So I'm not going to sweat it much. However, I'm really nervous about the in-game entertainment - specifically the band. Hoping that it was just a rough start with a new director, but I'm really missing Dana right now.

Its like a comic book character. Socially withdrawn and emotionally reserved and broke college student who transforms into a tempermental alter-ego after getting on-line. You got a regular Bruce Bannister/Hulk thing going on. "Don't make me angry with your opinions. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.":lol:

Its like a comic book character. Socially withdrawn and emotionally reserved and broke college student who transforms into a tempermental alter-ego after getting on-line. You got a regular Bruce Bannister/Hulk thing going on. "Don't make me angry with your opinions. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.":lol:

Socially withdrawn? The hell you getting that from? Let's also not pretend that the site is filled with assholes.

Socially withdrawn? The hell you getting that from? Let's also not pretend that the site is filled with assholes.

I think there are some of us who are anxiously awaiting your foray into writing about dating in college. If you tackle that subject with as much enthusiasm as football, then this reputation for being socially withdrawn might just go away. :thumbsup:

bacon-condoms.jpg

I think there are some of us who are anxiously awaiting your foray into writing about dating in college. If you tackle that subject with as much enthusiasm as football, then this reputation for being socially withdrawn might just go away. :thumbsup:

The only way I'd do that is if it was better than GiA's dating thread, which it isn't soooo

The only way I'd do that is if it was better than GiA's dating thread, which it isn't soooo
Dating for college kids these days:

1) Get Tinder Match!
2) Text Tinder girl: Sup lady, send me a naked pic.
3) get selfie of girl in underwear.
4) Text all your bros "Dudes I just scored!"

I'm really nervous about the in-game entertainment - specifically the band. Hoping that it was just a rough start with a new director, but I'm really missing Dana right now.

What was wrong with the band? They seemed fine to me.

What was wrong with the band? They seemed fine to me.

They don't know the music the director brought with him from FSU, and he is apparently hell bent on playing the new music not the old stuff. Frustrating to listen to because they don't know it. Luckily they had a rehearsal yesterday and I think they have one on Friday, should only get better but it is going to take some time. They are going to be a lot more, subdued as the year goes on. Dr. Biggs was a fantastic director and the band reflected his personality.

Seems, if a lot of students are gone on break and many won't going to the games, there should be some way to get the seats filed anyway. Maybe students could send an e-mail to the AD saying they won't be using them over a break and the AD could give that number of passes to the Boy Scouts, BSA, etc.

Bummed by the students, but they'll get their **** together by conference play. So I'm not going to sweat it much. However, I'm really nervous about the in-game entertainment - specifically the band. Hoping that it was just a rough start with a new director, but I'm really missing Dana right now.

Yeah it was a little weird. The new director might actually be taller than you.

Seems, if a lot of students are gone on break and many won't going to the games, there should be some way to get the seats filed anyway. Maybe students could send an e-mail to the AD saying they won't be using them over a break and the AD could give that number of passes to the Boy Scouts, BSA, etc.

Bacon + Guacamole?

Seems like they should just decrease the allotment and allow more GA tickets. They could do what they did for the Nebraska game for years and make you physically get your ticket so they could sell extras.

[Insert whiny-old-man-post-about-how-a-25k-student-body-should-be-able-to-squeeze-out-2,500-students-16-days-a-year-regardless-of-circumstances here]

If you have a ticket (or a pass), you should be going to games, or making sure there is a seat-filler wearing Black-and-Gold in your place. Student, alum, baby, whatever. Excuses are for CSU fans.

I'm old.

Obsessed with Boy Scouts? You mentioned them twice and then etc. as if you had a list of some sort.

I don't think it's a good idea to put little ones anywhere near our student section. Just sayin'.

Is it for fball too? They played the **** em up song once vs az

No, same head director for the marching band, the music selection comes from someone else though. The drum majors have almost free control of what songs to call, however marketing can request as necessary. They have a guy on headset who relays info from the game day crew at the stadium, and tells them when to play and when not to. Unfortunately that person on the other end of the headset is typically wrong.

Friday night vs. Sunday afternoon. Enough said.
I think it was more Broncos game versus no competition, JMO here moreso than the days itself.

Also, last year they had the banner raising and it was coming off the best year of CU hoops for nearly all fans especially students. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the product is stale by anybit but I think that played a minor factor in all of this.

Back