What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad's Post-Game Locker Room Speech

Why would Tad want to go coach at Kansas, it is not like they won their conference tourney.

Colorado - Pac:12 Champs

For Tad, probably not that many.

In general, if a coach was a mercenary there are probably about 30 better jobs and 30 equivalent that may pay better.

There is very probably quite a few that would be considered "better" than CU. However, I think the point is that the list that Tad would even consider leaving for is pretty short. Quality of life for his family is as big a consideration - if not bigger - for him as salary or "bigtime-ness".

Fair enough, as for which jobs Tad would actually take, who knows, but yea there's probably not that many he would leave for. My point was let's not forget CU's basketball history, or lack of it. :huh: That doesn't mean we can't change all that over time, for example UConn was nothing before Calhoun got there.

Fair enough, as for which jobs Tad would actually take, who knows, but yea there's probably not that many he would leave for. My point was let's not forget CU's basketball history, or lack of it. :huh: That doesn't mean we can't change all that over time, for example UConn was nothing before Calhoun got there.

Moment. Live in it. Enjoy. It's worth it.

The point is, I guess, that with a Top 25 recruiting class coming in, new facilities, a supportive administration, and a Pac-12 championship... jobs like Villanova look a hell of a lot more like a lateral move. 2 years ago, they were in a completely different universe.

Coach Miller's post-game presser:
[video=youtube;qukuRaJOFss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qukuRaJOFss[/video]

Very classy. That's the way you do it. I've got no problem rooting for them whenever it doesn't hurt the Buffs.

that is amazing, he has to be absolutely crushed they didn't make the dance and he puts out a presser like that. What a good guy. Hope Arizona kills it in the NIT.

“The job that Tad Boyle has done at Colorado, and what Colorado represents for the future of the Pac-12, I can make the argument that there's been no greater gift to college basketball in the Pac-12 than adding Colorado,” Arizona coach Sean Miller said. “I wish them the best in the NCAA tournament. Whoever draws them is running into a hungry, well-coached, disciplined team.”

"I can make the argument there´s been no bigger gift to Pac 12 basketball than adding Colorado." Arizona HC Sean Miller

What a class act. As Nik said, I will have no problem rooting for AZ going forward as long as it doesn't hurt the buffs. I hope the Buffs crush it in the NCAA and I wish the cats the best of luck in the NIT.

GO BUFFS!!

You really think there's only a handful (say less than 10) of basketball head coaching jobs that are a better job than CU? Really?

Are we talking past or present?

Past yes, right now though CU basically offers what almost any school in the country can offer. We are a program on the rise, with great facilities, great talent here and coming in, great support, and on the brink of greatness IMO.

“The job that Tad Boyle has done at Colorado, and what Colorado represents for the future of the Pac-12, I can make the argument that there's been no greater gift to college basketball in the Pac-12 than adding Colorado,” Arizona coach Sean Miller said. “I wish them the best in the NCAA tournament. Whoever draws them is running into a hungry, well-coached, disciplined team.”

Tad could still take him in a death match, though.... :smile2:

Back