What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad's questionable substitution pattern

Da Lama

****ty hot take machine
Club Member
Last night's game was lost at about the 15:00 mark of the 1st half. The Rams were on their heels, the crowd was jacked and all indications were the Buffs were going to control the game from then on. Then Tad substituted the starters. Just as he has for the last 3 home games and at virtually the same point in the game, Tad sticks in some random combination of Sophs, a freshman and a starter and we get to witness a rash of turnovers, an unexplainable fear of shooting and sloppy defense. The opponent gets their wind, goes on a run, and suddenly we're down.

WTF? I know it's blasphemy to talk against Tad, but this ***** is getting ridiculous. If I'm an opposing coach I just tell my team to hang close for the first 4-5 minutes and then we'll exploit this clusterf*ck and make a run.

Gonna be a long year...

Add to that why did Eli and Tory Miller need to get any run? that Eli sub at the end of the half caused the talton foul and resulted in CSU closing out the half nicely.

Add to that why did Eli and Tory Miller need to get any run? that Eli sub at the end of the half caused the talton foul and resulted in CSU closing out the half nicely.

When Eli came in I said to ITB: "Eli is good for one three pointer, let him get that and take him right out". He never got it.

I don't have an issue with Miller coming in the game there, though. It was obvious that Scott wasn't feeling it. We needed a frontcourt presence. Let him go in there and beat some people up. Of course, he didn't go beat anybody up, but that's beside the point.

Guh - what a frustrating game. I kept waiting for them to go on a 16-2 run and put the game away and it never happened. Credit CSU for that, but I honestly expected a lot more than what I saw.

He also admitted to poor end game management last night. Said he should have taken the TO before ski had the opportunity to mess up the last possession.

My worst moment last night was seeing Eli and Talton in the game together. Second was late in the game when I think it was Jhop, Fletch, Dustin, Wes and Scott.

When that round of subs happened I was just thinking to myself....oh great....here we go...

Well if some of these guys are afraid or don't know what to do, maybe we should shorten the bench perhaps. Little early for that but maybe we should before this season gets out of hand. Sucks because they aren't playing the style I'd like and having a smaller rotation would make it even harder.

Well if some of these guys are afraid or don't know what to do, maybe we should shorten the bench perhaps. Little early for that but maybe we should before this season gets out of hand. Sucks because they aren't playing the style I'd like and having a smaller rotation would make it even harder.

Agree. Just hard to do so when your two guards get into foul trouble and your other guard is hurt.

He also admitted to poor end game management last night. Said he should have taken the TO before ski had the opportunity to mess up the last possession.

I'm glad he didn't take the timeout so we wouldn't have to witness the abortion of an inbounds play that would have followed.

Ski picking up his 2nd foul halfway through the 1st half hurt the rest of the game. Not too mention Dom out.

My biggest concern is that Tad doesn't seem to see just how many problems there are. He kept saying "we need to put together a full game", when it was clear a lot of fundamentals needed extensive work.

From the get go, we have lacked leadership, physical and mental toughness and an offensive scheme. Almost every team we've played has done a better job of penetrating to the hoop.

I think we have finally found the answer to the question "Can anyone man the point if the they need to?"

i had to laugh when I saw Eli go into the game, immediate thought was csu's quick guard was going to blow right by him for a bucket and that's exactly what happened. our bench sucks.

i had to laugh when I saw Eli go into the game, immediate thought was csu's quick guard was going to blow right by him for a bucket and that's exactly what happened. our bench sucks.
To be fair, if Dom is able to go Eli probably isn't out there

Back