What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Takeaways from the Rocky Mountain Beatdown

Is it too early to say **** Davis Webb?
Never too early, late, sober or drunk to say **** Davis Webb! He put up a monster game against Hawaii but Sefo's line wasn't too shabby as it stands and could have been much better if Shay gets in on the long one and if he doesn't fumble into the end zone and gets the rushing TD.

Seen a few recruits retweet and favorite the vine of Bauta celebrating the first down. #CUin17 recruits will know about the rise. :)

Damn, Special Teams was another really big positive that I meant to put in. KOs in the end zone almost every time, Jay Mac is trustworthy on PR, Diego 3/3 on FGs, and we were close to blocking a punt or two. Some of the best STs play we've seen at this program in a while.
I seriously wanted to go kick Neinas in the nuts again watching how much better special teams were without him coaching. Un fvcking believable. Then kick Coach Mac in the nuts for keeping him so long. Still a lot of season to be played, but I think we can all think of at least two games a year the last couple of years that good special teams would have probably won us the game. And that would have meant a bowl game.

Fvcking Neinas. Worthless. Cant say one good thing that he did here. Gonzales looked like a worthless scholly for three plus years. Now looks amazing. Now that Neinas is gone.

i hope our guys enjoy the win...they deserve it...and get right back to work.

i liked the point above about WR downfield blocking. i'm going throwback here but that's one thing that is essential and part of option football that is less taught i think in the 7 on 7 spread now-we-are calling it-air raid offense-world we are living in. that was a hallmark of Mac's teams, the great NU and OU option teams. you watch EB's long runs or Billy Sims or Mike Rozier's 75 yard blasts into the open field....there's a WR putting a hat on a guy downfield.

Fields said after the game that Chev put up a "Knockdown Blocks" board in the WR room. They're all competing with each other on who gets the blocking title each week. I loved hearing that.

Is it too early to say **** Davis Webb?
Well both played ****ty MWC teams and they won 51-31 while we won 44-7, think that says a lot. I admit I was seemingly definitely wrong about our playmakers, Bobo and Ross looked legit. If he wants gaudy padded passing stats, I guess he found his perfect match, but we're just out here to win games, so yeah **** Davis Webb.

Regarding Sefo's performance. After re-watching the game, he was at times, really good. At other times, not very good. The early sideline route to Ross was a TD if the ball is even remotely close to where it should have been - there wasn't a CSU defender within 10 yards of Ross. The deep route to Fields a bit later was also a TD had he led Fields just a bit more. He clearly is still getting comfortable playing post-injury.

8 touchbacks last night versus 17 all of last year.

How much did Neinas cost us last year?
Didn't realize Neinas did any kicking.
Diego's groin injury noticeably shortened his KO ability last season. Good to have him at full strength, finally! (Remember all wise a*s's remarks here mockingly comparing him to Janikowski? Where are those clowns this AM?)

I do agree with those folks who say that MM left Sefo in too long. Montez needs real game reps when a game's outcome is secured. Wouldn't have minded seeing Montez have the entire 4th Qtr. Chiv's imprint is all over the offense, and as lots of people have mentioned, the special teams have improved 100%. Game was a great start. GO Buffs!!!!

Bobo had his best game as a buff.
Kelley still inconsistent with snaps.
ST best game in years.

A big positive to me was special teams. Several touchbacks by Gonzalez and he obviously made a few field goals too. I also thought MacIntyre showed out a little bit on punt returns.
Couldn't agree more. Special teams breakdowns have absolutely killed us against CSU. Not yesterday. The one mini-breakdown we had, Diego made the tackle (nice form, too). Punt returns were good. The couple times we punted were good. Special Teams were dramatically improved over previous years. Makes me think "Damn, Toby Neinas was a freaking moron".

The one kick they ran back was 5 yards deep in the end zone and right on the sideline. That should've been easy to stuff inside the 20. He damned near broke it to go all the way. That cannot happen. But other than that, ST's were 1,000% better.

Regarding Sefo's performance. After re-watching the game, he was at times, really good. At other times, not very good. The early sideline route to Ross was a TD if the ball is even remotely close to where it should have been - there wasn't a CSU defender within 10 yards of Ross. The deep route to Fields a bit later was also a TD had he led Fields just a bit more. He clearly is still getting comfortable playing post-injury.
And the deep ball to Bobo was as good as you get.

Of course, a lot of shorter throws looked rushed, panicked and bounced. Overall, not a bad start and look forward to improvements

Damn that feels good. Love the passion and leadership. More killer instinct too. CSU is bad though

Any updates on Tedric or OL health?

What was up with Gillam?

Maybe I had too many sodas but does anyone have a good feel for how Tupou played overall?

Don't remember seeing Huntley. Nice fumble pickup by Ant Julimese. Bisharat looked pretty good. Other freshman observations?

Didn't realize Neinas did any kicking.
Diego's groin injury noticeably shortened his KO ability last season. Good to have him at full strength, finally! (Remember all wise a*s's remarks here mockingly comparing him to Janikowski? Where are those clowns this AM?)
What the hell are you talking about?

i like our defense a lot. if we stay healthy, i think they will keep us competitive in a lot of games. Chido is a MAN.

i LOVE the uptempo offense. it feels like we have been talking about it for 10 years but last night i saw an offense really going fast and it winded the hell out of the sheep. think what a weapon that will be when flatlander teams come to visit folsom. we have to stick with it and keep the gas pedal down. maybe it will be a bit of an equalizer for us this year, even when our talent is somewhat uneven compared to other p12 teams.

sefo needs to make smarter decisions. he had a great game statistically but if he gets himself clobbered, it hurts the team. and, ball security, of course.

MM said after the game that diego is healthy and that is why you saw him put 7 of 8 out of the end zone. that's a nice weapon.

it was only the sheep, but that is the kind of opening game we have needed. #TheRise

Go Buffs.

We were tremendous in all phases. I can't really nitpick anything. I will say thia, though: this says a lot more about CSU than us. They are awful.

And the deep ball to Bobo was as good as you get.

Of course, a lot of shorter throws looked rushed, panicked and bounced. Overall, not a bad start and look forward to improvements
Agreed on the Bobo throw. Bobo, as mentioned elsewhere, played out of his mind. Great to see. I think we can relax a bit on the Winfree injury front. Next years WR corp? Could be incredible with development, coaching that's obviously there.

Damn that feels good. Love the passion and leadership. More killer instinct too. CSU is bad though

Any updates on Tedric or OL health?

What was up with Gillam?

Maybe I had too many sodas but does anyone have a good feel for how Tupou played overall?

Don't remember seeing Huntley. Nice fumble pickup by Ant Julimese. Bisharat looked pretty good. Other freshman observations?
Only a few true freshmen played that I saw. Huntley, Julmisse, and Bisharat from what I could tell. I don't think Huntley was targeted. Tupou was subbed a lot. Gotta love the DL rotation options now. I will say Weifels played well in place of AK, including chest high snap I might add.

Loved the tempo of the new offense, makes watching the game so fun. Really like the underneath crossing routes, hopefully the line can keep that protection. 3rd down yardage, play calling and execution were very good early.

I had expected to see D Lee feature more and have more production. I have high hopes for him this season. I think the coaches had messed around too much with his position.

Loved the tempo of the new offense, makes watching the game so fun. Really like the underneath crossing routes, hopefully the line can keep that protection. 3rd down yardage, play calling and execution were very good early.

I had expected to see D Lee feature more and have more production. I have high hopes for him this season. I think the coaches had messed around too much with his position.

He had 10 carries and 2 receptions. That's about the usage I expect for Lee other than there being more called runs for Sefo than I wanted. More of that needs to go to the backs. It's one thing off a scramble or if he keeps on a zone read or the occasional sneak, but I don't like that the QB Power seems to be our staple short yardage run right now.

Back